Cornell Green

....lybob

Cornell Green sums up everything wrong with the Bills - He's not good enough to get us anywhere now and he's too old to be a building block for the future- and while he may be the worst example he's not the only Bill to fit that description why is Kelsey on this team? in fact if you believe that you have to draft and develop a quality QB then the Bills are at least 3 years away from being a contender,and any Bill 29yo and up now will probably be in serious decline by the time we reach that point.

forget him being a building block, he was always too old for that. That real issue is he isn't even a good stop gap player. The only hope we have is he might get better when the line jells some more.... but I have a better chance of winning the lottery than he does at improving to an acceptable level. We def need an RT more than we need an LT now.

A good friend of mine is a HUGE Raiders fan and has been so since the mid-seventies. After we signed Green he told me that in his opinion, Cornell Green was one of the worst O-lineman to have ever played for Oakland due to poor play and ridiculous penalties. I discounted what he said as maybe sourgrapes or something.

However, I saw first hand yesterday what he was talking about. :wallbash:

This guy needs to be riding the bench.

I believe Buddy will adress this problem in 2011, if there is a season?

No, I agree with the OP. Cornell Green is the one face slap on our team right now. :wallbash:

I clearly is not part of our long term plans or someone who could surprise us with development and upside. He also would seem to be our weakest player and relatively costly for several games in a row now.

I can't believe that Meredith or Wang wouldn't be better right now, but I would also put up with a little bit worse momentarily since they have the chance to grow throughout the season and be more valuable overall in 2010, as well as clearly be more valuable in future seasons (which should not be our #1 priority...right now we have to field the best football team for 2010 from our roster).

If we can't find someone better on our own roster or from recent cuts by other teams, I think that is a very depressing reality. I do not expect Cornell to hold on to his position all season...it just doesn't make sense.

Someone mentioned it earlier but losing Butrler to retirement was a huge loss...he was our best offensive lineman IMO.

I think Green was brought in here to keep that spot warm until they could develop either Meridith or Wang. Meridith is better but he is needed to spell Bell for the time being. I hope (really hope) that we can adjust to deal with this. Gailey seems smart I want to see improvement soon but im willing to give him time....our schedule is against us and DJ left a mess. Hopefully by midseason Meridith will take that spot and wang will be our swing tackle

Just think, we are paying this guy $3,000,000 per year for three years. This is the best we could come up with at RT in free agency. Just shows you that nobody wants to play for this team. We can't convince anybody that is decent to come to this team.

I dont buy that crap. What RT were out there to get?