Cornell Green

....lybob

Cornell Green sums up everything wrong with the Bills - He's not good enough to get us anywhere now and he's too old to be a building block for the future-

To rephrase your criticism, everything that's wrong with the Bills comes down to "too old" and "not good enough." Bell, Levitre, Wood, Spiller, Lynch, Johnson, Nelson, Hangartner, Parrish, Stupar and Trent Edwards are key starters on offense (we'll have another when Shawn Nelson's suspension ends). Parrish and Hangartner are 28; the rest of them are younger. Way younger. They all may be "not good enough" as you say, but they're hardly too old. Heck, even TE is only 26. And Brohm's just 24.

I believe Buddy will adress this problem in 2011, if there is a season?

If there is no season in 2011, we would have the first pick two years in a row. We could get both a QB and a DE that could actually put pressure on the opposing QB and maybe a couple of tackles.

To rephrase your criticism, everything that's wrong with the Bills comes down to "too old" and "not good enough." Bell, Levitre, Wood, Spiller, Lynch, Johnson, Nelson, Hangartner, Parrish, Stupar and Trent Edwards are key starters on offense (we'll have another when Shawn Nelson's suspension ends). Parrish and Hangartner are 28; the rest of them are younger. Way younger. They all may be "not good enough" as you say, but they're hardly too old. Heck, even TE is only 26. And Brohm's just 24.

that's wasn't my point, my point is you should be in either rebuilding mode or making moves to be a contender. You have to be able to see your team realistically and move accordingly- if you are rebuilding you have to do it through the draft and free going into their second contract. Once you have built your core to the point that you can contend then you can trade draft picks or pick up older free agents to hopefully get you over the top- my problem with the Bills is that they middle it all the time.

I dont buy that crap. What RT were out there to get?

exactly , this was the worse year to try to rebuild. Due to the expiring labor agreement free agency was greatly limited

fyi to everyone anthony davis was a horror show yesterday

Green was a stop gap because of Butlers retirement Kelsay has heart but will be gone next year along with some others . If they got rid of all the players Bills fans don't like they wouldn't be able to make a full roster . Besides no matter who they bring in the majority of the fans would find something to Bi**h about .

I'll bet when the 90's team was winning a lot there was guys that were on this site complaining about something !!!! :doh:

A good friend of mine is a HUGE Raiders fan and has been so since the mid-seventies. After we signed Green he told me that in his opinion, Cornell Green was one of the worst O-lineman to have ever played for Oakland due to poor play and ridiculous penalties. I discounted what he said as maybe sourgrapes or something.

However, I saw first hand yesterday what he was talking about. :wallbash:

This guy needs to be riding the bench.

Yeah, a park bench.

Still trying to figure out why Peters and Walker weren't retained. The OL would be set in stone with the additions of Wood and Levitre.

You must be new here?

No one can figure that out. We can't figure out why they paid Dockery so much money, or why they thought Melvin Fowler was good, or why they thought Walker could play LT on a no-huddle offense, etc., etc.

flozell adams would have helped

they would be better off with Calloway at RT

Green was much better than Calloway. Green is bad, but not that bad.