Trent Edwards- just the facts, stats

zow2

Let's cut through the B.S. Trent is not a bonified NFL QB. His last game yesterday below vs. Miami shows how stats can be misleading. His game, 18 for 34 even looks better on paper than it was in actuality. In total, Trent has had 3 decent games (after Arizona). Win vs. San Diego, Win at KC, Win vs. Tampa Bay I highlighted his more putrid games below. Even average backups could put up better numbers than this. I looked up Matt Leinart's 2006 season and he had better numbers overall than Trent. Without a shadow of a doubt this will be TE's last season in Buffalo. They cannot continue with this level (lack of) productivity.

vs. Baltimore 11 for 21 153yds 0 td 1 int

vs. Cleveland 13 for 33 124yds 0 td 0 int ** played in a blizzard

vs. NY Giants 9 for 26 161 yds 2 td 3 int

vs. Phila 16 for 30 133 yds 0 td 0 int

Vs. New Eng 13 for 23 120 yds 1 td 2 int

vs. Cleveland 16 for 26 148 yds 1 td 3 int

vs. San Fran 10 for 21 112 yds 0 td 0 int

vs. New Eng 14 for 25 128 yds 0 td 0 int

vs. New Orl 20 for 35 156 yds 0 td 1 int

vs. Miami 14 for 26 192 yds 1 td 3 int

vs. Cleveland 16 for 31 152 yds 0 td 1 int

vs. Tennessee 18 for 28 185 yds 1 td 1 int

vs. Miami 18 for 34 139 yds 1 td 0 int

Edited by zow2

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let's cut through the B.S. Trent is not a bonified NFL QB. His last game yesterday below vs. Miami shows how stats can be misleading. His game, 18 for 34 even looks better on paper than it was in actuality. In total, Trent has had 3 decent games (after Arizona). Win vs. San Diego, Win at KC, Win vs. Tampa Bay I highlighted his more putrid games below. Even average backups could put up better numbers than this. I looked up Matt Leinart's 2006 season and he had better numbers overall than Trent. Without a shadow of a doubt this will be TE's last season in Buffalo. They cannot continue with this level (lack of) productivity.

vs. Baltimore 11 for 21 153yds 0 td 1 int

vs. Cleveland 13 for 33 124yds 0 td 0 int ** played in a blizzard

vs. NY Giants 9 for 26 161 yds 2 td 3 int

vs. Phila 16 for 30 133 yds 0 td 0 int

Vs. New Eng 13 for 23 120 yds 1 td 2 int

vs. Cleveland 16 for 26 148 yds 1 td 3 int

vs. San Fran 10 for 21 112 yds 0 td 0 int

vs. New Eng 14 for 25 128 yds 0 td 0 int

vs. New Orl 20 for 35 156 yds 0 td 1 int

vs. Miami 14 for 26 192 yds 1 td 3 int

vs. Cleveland 16 for 31 152 yds 0 td 1 int

vs. Tennessee 18 for 28 185 yds 1 td 1 int

vs. Miami 18 for 34 139 yds 1 td 0 int

At this point there really is no denying it...I don't know why anyone would try...It's not like the Kid is putting decent Games together and the Defense is giving up 40 points a Game...If Edwards was halfway decent his career record would be outstanding considering some of the efforts he's got on Defense over the years (sure the Defense broke down a lot in the 4th Quarter of Games, but they were also on the field constantly)...

Trent's toast...That's all there is to it...Sad but true... B-)

Wow! He's never had a 200 yard game passing - yet alone a 300.

No, i highlighed the awful games. In his career he has 11 games of greater than 200 yds and 20 games less than 200. He's never had a 300 yd game.

His record is 8-3 when he throws over 200 yds which is great.

His record is 5-14 when he throws for less than 200 yds.

Enough of the "He hasn't had much help" BS! That's been the excuse for the past 4 years. Flutie (just to mention one) didn't have any help but could still average more that 4 yards per pass! That is just pathetic and aggravating. The Bills couldn't find any QB out there that could throw more than that? GIVE ME A BREAK!

Look for Trent to start this Sunday. If he flops again.....Fitzy will be under center in week 3. IMHO.

NOOOOOOO!!!! :wallbash:

Guest dog14787

Cry, Cry, Cry,Cry, Cry

Well its just to bad isn't it, because Trent's not going anywhere, and TE's stats/results would be twice as good If it wasn't for the penalties and mistakes that he had zero to do with,

Did Gailey seemed very concerned with the play of his QB, no he did not, in fact he specifically came out and said TE made some good throws and you can't blame him for everyone else's mistakes,

So you guys just keep going on and on and on about a QB that isn't going to get benched and is only going to get better,

Good grief, New offense,inexperienced O-line, whole new coaching staff, the most pitiful TE situation in the league over the last decade, the most pitiful left and right tackle situation in the league and Trents group of WR's is probably one of the the worse groups of receivers in the league when it comes to talent.

This site is so full of cry babies right now looking to put the blame on one person its pathetic,

Tony Romo scored 7 points last night, oh nooooooooo, the cowboys better bench Romo, oh dear, what are they going to do, the cowboys have on of the best OC's in the league, its got to be the QB

The Cowboys,Colts,Bengals,Falcons, Eagles, Vikings and tonight we will add the Jets or ravens to the mix. All playoff caliber football teams losing their season opener, OMG what are they going to do now :o

Give me a break with all the BS over our QB and put the blame on the whole team where it belongs :thumbdown:

Edited by dog14787

Majority are 3-4 defenses

vs. Baltimore 11 for 21 153yds 0 td 1 int 3-4 Def

vs. Cleveland 13 for 33 124yds 0 td 0 int ** played in a blizzard 3-4 Def

vs. NY Giants 9 for 26 161 yds 2 td 3 int 4-3 Def

vs. Phila 16 for 30 133 yds 0 td 0 int 4-3 Def

Vs. New Eng 13 for 23 120 yds 1 td 2 int 3-4 Def

vs. Cleveland 16 for 26 148 yds 1 td 3 int 3-4 Def

vs. San Fran 10 for 21 112 yds 0 td 0 int 3-4 Def

vs. New Eng 14 for 25 128 yds 0 td 0 int 3-4 Def

vs. New Orl 20 for 35 156 yds 0 td 1 int 4-3 Def

vs. Miami 14 for 26 192 yds 1 td 3 int 3-4 Def

vs. Cleveland 16 for 31 152 yds 0 td 1 int 3-4 Def

vs. Tennessee 18 for 28 185 yds 1 td 1 int 4-3 Def

vs. Miami 18 for 34 139 yds 1 td 0 int 3-4 Def

Edited by Mr. Negative

Cry, Cry, Cry,Cry, Cry

Well its just to bad isn't it, because Trent's not going anywhere, and TE's stats/results would be twice as good If it wasn't for the penalties and mistakes that he had zero to do with,

Did Gailey seemed very concerned with the play of his QB, no he did not, in fact he specifically came out and said TE made some good throws and you can't blame him for everyone else's mistakes,

So you guys just keep going on and on and on about a QB that isn't going to get benched and is only going to get better,

Good grief, New offense,inexperienced O-line, whole new coaching staff, the most pitiful TE situation in the league over the last decade, the most pitiful left and right tackle situation in the league and Trents group of WR's is probably one of the the worse groups of receivers in the league when it comes to talent.

This site is so full of cry babies right now looking to put the blame on one person its pathetic,

Tony Romo scored 7 points last night, oh nooooooooo, the cowboys better bench Romo, oh dear, what are they going to do, the cowboys have on of the best OC's in the league, its got to be the QB

The Cowboys,Colts,Bengals,Falcons, Eagles, Vikings and tonight we will add the Jets or ravens to the mix. All playoff caliber football teams losing their season opener, OMG what are they going to do now :o

Give me a break with all the BS over our QB and put the blame on the whole team where it belongs :thumbdown:

+1

This was a team loss. Sure, Edwards could have played a hell of a lot better, but so could have the O-line and the backs and just about everyone else. I am as fed up with Trent as the next poster, but I really hope we can get past the whole "it's always his fault" argument. There are still a lot of things that this team needs to work on, not just QB.

This is going to be a long season, but I think we all knew that. :doh:

Guest dog14787

Gailey sent out a clear message in the preseason,

You dog one of us, you dog all of us,

Does that even mean anything to any of you or are his words just falling on deaf ears <_<

Look for Trent to start this Sunday. If he flops again.....Fitzy will be under center in week 3. IMHO.

That may happen, but it won't make a difference. This organization is going nowhere fast. The difference between the Bills and Dolphins is huge, starting with the off season additions: The Fins signed one of the biggest defensive free agents in Dansby, his impact was felt the 3rd play of the game, and they traded for Marshall. What did we add? "B" level free agents at best, probably closer to "C" level free agents in Torber, etc. The below article says it perfectly as far as Edwards or anyone else you put behind center on this embarrasment of an organization:

O-Line is a problem that won’t go away

By Tim Schmitt

Niagara Gazette Niagara Gazette Sun Sep 12, 2010, 11:22 PM EDT

NIAGARA FALLS — This goes beyond Demetrius Bell and Cornell Green. The responsibility for the most glaring weakness on this battered and bruised National Football League franchise — not to mention the city that lives and dies by it — spreads far and wide.

The Buffalo Bills can have C.J. Spiller, Lee Evans, Marshawn Lynch, Chris Johnson and Peyton Manning in the huddle — until they decide to put a competent offensive line on the field, the results will continue as they have for a decade.

(more at link)

As Thurman Thomas so astutely put it this morning....

You see all around the league, the Good QB's with good offensive lines make plays, the Good QB's with bad offensive lines make plays....not here

Edited by zow2

As Thurman Thomas so astutely put it this morning....

You see all around the league, the Good QB's with good offensive lines make plays, the Good QB's with bad offensive lines make plays....not here

There is a difference between a bad offensive line and an insultingly pathetic offensive line, which is what we have here. No quarterback in the league would be very successful behind this pee wee caliber line.

you were probably one of those guys that ran losman out of town and anointed this guy as the second coming, you folks are all over the place now

Right, cause everyone who recognizes Trent's problems is only concerned with running decent QB's like JP out of Buffalo... :huh:

Funny ain't it that you can say almost the exact things about the defense and they turned out fine yesterday. We went D heavy in free agency and in the draft but did virtually nothing to upgrade another known failing - the OL. Sure I knew that all problems could not have been fixed in one off-season but I cannot believe that there were zero options to upgrade the tackle positions. We need some semblance of an offense and right now we are down right embarrassing. It is a cop out for the regime to say that we will fix the D this year and concentrate on the O next year. So what is this season - a detour on the way to next season ?

Rant over - back to my original point. I realize that the OL sucks but Trent showed nothing yesterday. No attempt to make plays, few throws beyond the first down marker. Even if he tried and failed due to lack of time, I would buy into the logic the the only thing holding him back is the OL.