*Sigh* I come to the board and find negative posts about

Steely Dan

142 members have voted

1. 1. The game against the Dolphins today...

• Makes me think the Bills will be very bad this year.
    • Gives me hope that with a few corrections they can be competitive.
    • Other - Explain Please.

So the doom and gloomers come out in full force due to a five point loss. Evidently to some people there was nothing positive about this game to go on.

Despite this being a loss there is a lot the Buffalo Bills can take away from this game. They were in this game up until the last minute. The running game couldn't get going but TE had a few nice passes during the game. Leodis McKelvin is a player. Roscoe Parrish is a weapon teams can no longer ignore. The Bills seemed to be in better condition in the fourth quarter than the Dolphins.

On defense Poz and Bryan Scott recorded sacks and the D didn't allow a single 100 yard rusher. Although it doesn't show up on the stat sheet Aaron Maybin had a decent game. It's my belief that this team will improve over the season. There might be a setback or two but they will be playing a lot better in sixteen weeks than they did today.

On the bad side it seemed TE went back to checking down too much. The running game didn't amass over 50 yards total. The Dolphins didn't seem too concerned with TE beating them and stacked the line. TE was unable to make them pay for that enough. The O-line didn't help him much today either. Hopefully they will improve quickly. The defense needs a lot of practice. They are the unit that I think will most improve over the season. I will say they weren't as bad as I expected them to be today. If a defense can hold an opponent under 17 points then the team should be able to win, IMO.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said Richard.

I was sitting with a few of the legendary TBD'ers today and they knew that the line was doing a crap job and that edwards and the rb's were running for their life. FWIW, a lot of the more balanced posters were at the TBD Tailgate today at Hammer's lot

From an offensive standpoint there was nothing positive to build off of, sorry. The only reason it was a five point loss was because the Dolphins knew they didn't have to score too many points to win. The offense got blown off of the ball so quickly and easily on every play that it was a total cakewalk for Miami. I've never seen anyhing that bad, including last year's team.

So the doom and gloomers come out in full force due to a five point loss. Evidently to some people there was nothing positive about this game to go on.

Despite this being a loss there is a lot the Buffalo Bills can take away from this game. They were in this game up until the last minute. The running game couldn't get going but TE had a few nice passes during the game. Leodis McKelvin is a player. Roscoe Parrish is a weapon teams can no longer ignore. The Bills seemed to be in better condition in the fourth quarter than the Dolphins.

On defense Poz and Bryan Scott recorded sacks and the D didn't allow a single 100 yard rusher. Although it doesn't show up on the stat sheet Aaron Maybin had a decent game. It's my belief that this team will improve over the season. There might be a setback or two but they will be playing a lot better in sixteen weeks than they did today.

On the bad side it seemed TE went back to checking down too much. The running game didn't amass over 50 yards total. The Dolphins didn't seem too concerned with TE beating them and stacked the line. TE was unable to make them pay for that enough. The O-line didn't help him much today either. Hopefully they will improve quickly. The defense needs a lot of practice. They are the unit that I think will most improve over the season. I will say they weren't as bad as I expected them to be today. If a defense can hold an opponent under 17 points then the team should be able to win, IMO.

So, you're saying the Bills suck? Or are you saying the Bills don't suck? Or are you saying neither? What the hell are you saying? Thanks for your specific point of view making it clear for all of us. Appreciate the thread. :wallbash:

From an offensive standpoint there was nothing positive to build off of, sorry. The only reason it was a five point loss was because the Dolphins knew they didn't have to score too many points to win. The offense got blown off of the ball so quickly and easily on every play that it was a total cakewalk for Miami. I've never seen anyhing that bad, including last year's team.

Uhhhh...no. Give credit to the defense for keeping us in it, even without turnovers.

So, you're saying the Bills suck? Or are you saying the Bills don't suck? Or are you saying neither? What the hell are you saying? Thanks for your specific point of view making it clear for all of us. Appreciate the thread. :wallbash:

I'll make it easy for you to understand. The team didn't look great today but they didn't look pathetic. I expect they will get a lot better as the year progresses. So to answer the question; They are struggling now but will be a lot better as the year progresses. This is not a doom and gloom game.

This was bad, but I think the O in last year's Browns game was more putrid.

My last girlfriend had taken the handcuffs and whips with her when she left. So I watched the game over again. With the exception of Green who was horrible, the rest of the line did not play terrible. The Dolphins played the run and dared Trent Edwards to beat them, and he failed miserably! For the most part he had NFL acceptable time to throw passes, he could not or would not make a quick decision, held the ball too long and gave the appearance that he did not have enough time. In other words, he was terrible.

I'll make it easy for you to understand. The team didn't look great today but they didn't look pathetic. I expect they will get a lot better as the year progresses. So to answer the question; They are struggling now but will be a lot better as the year progresses. This is not a doom and gloom game.

I would say that the offense was completely pathetic today. If Gailey doesn't change his gameplanning, this is definitely a doom and gloom game.

With the exception of Green who was horrible, the rest of the line did not play terrible. The Dolphins played the run and dared Trent Edwards to beat them, and he failed miserably! For the most part he had NFL acceptable time to throw passes, he could not or would not make a quick decision, held the ball too long and gave the appearance that he did not have enough time. In other words, he was terrible.

+1

If we have any kind of offense that game, we win. No question in my mind. It's like a new car. It's last years model with a few different parts.

The Defense played really well. Whitner played really well, was always around the ball. Poz injured again, He is become very unpopular with me, he is very unreliable, and injury prone.

I expect it to be pretty ugly at Lambeau next week. Your "progress" may have to wait until 10/31/10 when the Bills play the equally inept Chiefs because this team is going to get punished by the Pats, Jets, Jags, and Ravens.

"Shut up b*tch! Go fix me a turkey pot pie."

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l4vr15F3G01qa7tcno1_400.jpg

Yet another....*sigh*....battered wife.

Edited by BillsWearPajamas

I think we are one of the only teams that on 3rd and long run designed swing and short crossing routes. Horrible play calling. Hopefully Chan was just nervous, and this shakes the cob webs out. Also how do you get a delay of game penalty in a 2 min drill?

Uhhhh...no. Give credit to the defense for keeping us in it, even without turnovers.

They held the Poorpisses to 132 yards rushing, total. If the Dolphins knew they didn't have to score a lot then they would have ground it out but they couldn't. The Bills held the Poorpisses to an average of 3.7 yards per rush. I'll bet dollars to donuts that less than 5 of the Poorpisses opponents hold their RB corp to under 4.0 yards per rush and 133 yards rushing in a game. Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams are one of the best RB corps in the NFL. JMO

"Shut up b*tch! Go fix me a turkey pot pie."

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l4vr15F3G01qa7tcno1_400.jpg

Yet another....*sigh*....battered wife.

BBM

:lol:

I think we are one of the only teams that on 3rd and long run designed swing and short crossing routes. Horrible play calling. Hopefully Chan was just nervous, and this shakes the cob webs out. Also how do you get a delay of game penalty in a 2 min drill?

I was absolutely mystified by that myself. It's these kinds of mistakes that I think they will be able to get under control and will greatly help things.

I see you have high standards. The Bills offense had less than 100 yards midway through the 4th quarter... Trent had 39 yards passing midway through the 4th qtr...that's pathetic bro.

We cannot win games in the NFL consistently with the offense, and especially Edwards, playing at that level. Just cannot. Yeah, every once in a while, those 10 points might hold up for a win, but in most cases they aren't. Yeah there were some positives, but the fact that Edwards is completely clueless and afraid to throw downfield at any point, even when they have 30 seconds left in the game and need to go 80 yards is just mind numbing. If I were a fan of a team playing the Bills is would be comical to watch. The worst part is that a successful series on offense has become any series where they can get at least 2 first owns before punting, so they can try and play the field position game long enough. A sad, sad state when you get excited any time your offense picks up 20-30 yards on a drive and doesn't go 3 and out.