Screwed by the refs

Jerry Jabber

That's a loss I would not blame on the refs. When are people going to stop making excuses? The Bills are just awful. Deal with it. Want to blame the refs? Call Detroit. Tell them BS. Then hang up. Anyway, the Lions were totally robbed. TWO feet down in the end zone with total possession and control, falls down, lands on his ass, rolls over and THEN he one hands the ball on the grass. Incomplete. Game over. That was a joke.

It was painfully obvious that the refs were heavily favoring the Fins today. The Miami defender had an arm bar locked on Evans, but there was no pass interference called? That would have put the Bills deep into Miami territory, where the Bills could have attempted a FG and possibly had a tie game after the Parrish TD. Another example of bad referring (which was a couple of plays later) Edwards gets blasted by 2 defenders well after the ball was thrown, but there was no personal fowl penalty?

Granted, the Bills offense played lousy today (except for 1 drive), but the Bills shouldn't of had to battle the refs, along with the Dolphins. Screwed Again!!

Come on Jerry, the team absolutely sucked today. Henne throws one pass correctly and Miami butterfinger DBs make a couple catches I could make and we lose by 30. Quit bitching about the refs. Weak.

Great points. While almost everyone here on the board will bash Edwards up and down, you can throw the blame at the refs and also the O-line. Edwards throws a nice pass to Nelson for a first down, but is called back due to holding. The O-line (Bell & Green) looked ****ty in pass protection today and had Edwards scrambling numerous times or on his back. Gailey should have used the wildcat earlier and more often. Granted, Edwards did not play well, but the whole game should not be blamed on him either.

Dude take the blinders off just Bell & Green? I can recall alot of batted balls from up the middle of the LOS, you guys love affair with the middle of the line needs to stop. There were breakdown along the line by all...btw Bell had a pretty good game IMO. :wallbash:

On the armbar play, the official closest to the play couldn't see it, because the players were blocking his view. Apparently none of the other officials was close enough to see a clear view of it.

On the play when Trent got "roughed up", the players were trying to let up but still fell on him. That wasn't a penalty.

The refs didn't beat the Bills. In fact, Miami didn't really beat the Bills. The Bills beat themselves. They played so poorly they were virtually assured of losing the game.

People complaining about the call in the Detroit game simply don't understand the rules. That was absolutely the correct call. If you catch the ball and fall to the ground in one continuous motion, you have to maintain possession when you hit the ground or it's an incomplete pass.

That's a loss I would not blame on the refs. When are people going to stop making excuses? The Bills are just awful. Deal with it. Want to blame the refs? Call Detroit. Tell them BS. Then hang up. Anyway, the Lions were totally robbed. TWO feet down in the end zone with total possession and control, falls down, lands on his ass, rolls over and THEN he one hands the ball on the grass. Incomplete. Game over. That was a joke.

Exactly my point... The Bills screwed themselves no need to blame the refs there.

Speaking of getting screwed not by the ONLY by the refs but by the FIXED NFL... Imagine being a Detroit Lions fan :wallbash: ... Boy, did that team really get screwed! The Lions receiver, Calvin Johnson, caught the go ahead TD with ONE hand, had FULL CONTROL too and then the ground caused the ball to be knocked loose. The NFL is a crock! What? After somebdoy catches a TD and then actaully puts the ball down for a TOUCH DOWN (old-school)... That pass becomes impcomplete. That is what the NFL is becoming. You can clearly see he had caught the ball with ONE hand.

I thought I have seen everything... The league really sucks and is getting worse by the year!

Dude that's the rule. WR's need to control the ball all the way through the catch. The offense already gets about every advantage over the defense. Making them actually catch the ball seems fair.

It was painfully obvious that the refs were heavily favoring the Fins today. The Miami defender had an arm bar locked on Evans, but there was no pass interference called? That would have put the Bills deep into Miami territory, where the Bills could have attempted a FG and possibly had a tie game after the Parrish TD. Another example of bad referring (which was a couple of plays later) Edwards gets blasted by 2 defenders well after the ball was thrown, but there was no personal fowl penalty?

Granted, the Bills offense played lousy today (except for 1 drive), but the Bills shouldn't of had to battle the refs, along with the Dolphins. Screwed Again!!

Hahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa! Thank you. I was waiting for the obligatory "we didn't suck, the refs and the nfl hates the Bills" thread. I was getting worried there wouldn't be one, it was so long after the game. Thanks for restoring my faith!

And by the way, we lost because we got outplayed and out coached by a team having a bad game themselves.

The penalty would have put the Bills in FG position. If the Bills kick the FG, then I believe the Bills have 6 points on the board at that time. After the Parrish TD, the game would have been tied 13-13. I'm not saying the Bills would have won the game at that point, especially with the way the offense was playing, but the Bills got screwed out of that chance. Like another poster stated, blown calls by the refs should be allowed to be challenged.

Do you think the Fish would have still played prevent if they were up 7 instead of 10? Do you think Mary would have gained any yardage whatsoever against a non-prevent?

If the ref calls pass interference, we likely score rather than take those holding penalties, and we suddenly have a very different ball game.

Buffalo lineman were holding on several plays that did not get called. It was not a good day for refs.

Dude that's the rule. WR's need to control the ball all the way through the catch. The offense already gets about every advantage over the defense. Making them actually catch the ball seems fair.

I thought Detroit was hosed as well.

Calvin Johnson caught the ball, fell down and his left hand touched the end line (out-of-bounds) after landing on the ground. Shouldn't that be the end of the play?Next thing you know the refs will want them to carry the ball all the way to the bench, sit down and take an oxygen breather before they decide it's a catch.

Even the PBP man, Thom Brennamen thought it was a TD and would not buy the explanation from Mike Pererra (sp) in support of the incomplete call.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81a77070/Controversial-call-on-Megatron-non-TD

I thought Detroit was hosed as well.

Calvin Johnson caught the ball, fell down and his left hand touched the end line (out-of-bounds) after landing on the ground. Shouldn't that be the end of the play?Next thing you know the refs will want them to carry the ball all the way to the bench, sit down and take an oxygen breather before they decide it's a catch.

Even the PBP man, Thom Brennamen thought it was a TD and would not buy the explanation from Mike Pererra (sp) in support of the incomplete call.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81a77070/Controversial-call-on-Megatron-non-TD

The rules say that was an incomplete pass. There's nothing iffy about it. The rule states that you have to have control of the ball all the way through -- even after you hit the ground. They put that in to make it easier to officiate - no "did he have control before hitting the ground?" questions anymore.

And even the Lions coach agreed with the call:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=300912003

Lions coach Jim Schwartz said the officials got it right."The rule is if you're going to the ground in the process of making the catch you need to finish with the football," he said. "He didn't finish with the football. He was [aware] he was trying to come down with it, he had one hand to keep it away from the other guy, he is trying to get his feet down and go to a knee it wasn't like he was trying to flip it to the official or anything. That's what it is."Bears coach Lovie Smith said he didn't even see the need for the review, saying "I thought it was cut and dry."

I feel stupid adding to this thread which has been correctly called the worst post game thread. But how about the late hits by Lil' Donte that weren't called. I don't think he actually hit anybody when it wasn't late. This team was so bad to blame it on the refs is beyond lame and weak.

I love the reading comprehension by some on this board. Above in my post, I stated how the refs were favoring the Fins and I even said that the offense played lousy, but yet all I hear "the offense blew the game", "this post is stupid". Fine, if you think that "non-call" had no impact on the game, then good on you. (Before you respond, you don't need to tell me about how bad the offense was, we already know!)