Screwed by the refs

Jerry Jabber

It was painfully obvious that the refs were heavily favoring the Fins today. The Miami defender had an arm bar locked on Evans, but there was no pass interference called? That would have put the Bills deep into Miami territory, where the Bills could have attempted a FG and possibly had a tie game after the Parrish TD. Another example of bad referring (which was a couple of plays later) Edwards gets blasted by 2 defenders well after the ball was thrown, but there was no personal fowl penalty?

Granted, the Bills offense played lousy today (except for 1 drive), but the Bills shouldn't of had to battle the refs, along with the Dolphins. Screwed Again!!

It was painfully obvious that the refs were heavily favoring the Fins today. The Miami defender had an arm bar locked on Evans, but there was no pass interference called? That would have put the Bills deep into Miami territory, where the Bills could have attempted a FG and possibly had a tie game after the Parrish TD. Another example of bad referring (which was a couple of plays later) Edwards gets blasted by 2 defenders well after the ball was thrown, but there was no personal fowl penalty?

Granted, the Bills offense played lousy today (except for 1 drive), but the Bills shouldn't of had to battle the refs, along with the Dolphins. Screwed Again!!

+1

The interference non-call was bad.

I didn't think the hit on Edwards was a PF.

The Bills lost this game, nobody screwed them out of a win except themselves.

Speaking of getting screwed not by the ONLY by the refs but by the FIXED NFL... Imagine being a Detroit Lions fan :wallbash: ... Boy, did that team really get screwed! The Lions receiver, Calvin Johnson, caught the go ahead TD with ONE hand, had FULL CONTROL too and then the ground caused the ball to be knocked loose. The NFL is a crock! What? After somebdoy catches a TD and then actaully puts the ball down for a TOUCH DOWN (old-school)... That pass becomes impcomplete. That is what the NFL is becoming. You can clearly see he had caught the ball with ONE hand.

I thought I have seen everything... The league really sucks and is getting worse by the year!

The interference non-call was bad.

I didn't think the hit on Edwards was a PF.

The Bills lost this game, nobody screwed them out of a win except themselves.

Like I said, the offense was lousy and they should have done more in the game. But, the refs blew an obvious call that could have made a huge impact in the game. If the PF call was made, the Bills would have had the ball within the Miami 20 yard line. 3 more points would have made all the difference at that point. It's not an excuse for the Bills, just a fact, the refs f@cked up and it cost the Bills.

Like I said, the offense was lousy and they should have done more in the game. But, the refs blew an obvious call that could have made a huge impact in the game. If the PF call was made, the Bills would have had the ball within the Miami 20 yard line. 3 more points would have made all the difference at that point. It's not an excuse for the Bills, just a fact, the refs f@cked up and it cost the Bills.

It was obvious to you and I and we B word about it because we're fans, but it wasn't obvious to the back judge who was positioned outside of the two players.

The refs !@#$ed up one play that cost the Bills 30 yards or so. If you think that 30 penalty yards would have turned the tide then you are a much more optimistic fan than I.

It was obvious to you and I and we B word about it because we're fans, but it wasn't obvious to the back judge who was positioned outside of the two players.

The refs !@#$ed up one play that cost the Bills 30 yards or so. If you think that 30 penalty yards would have turned the tide then you are a much more optimistic fan than I.

The penalty would have put the Bills in FG position. If the Bills kick the FG, then I believe the Bills have 6 points on the board at that time. After the Parrish TD, the game would have been tied 13-13. I'm not saying the Bills would have won the game at that point, especially with the way the offense was playing, but the Bills got screwed out of that chance. Like another poster stated, blown calls by the refs should be allowed to be challenged.

The penalty would have put the Bills in FG position. If the Bills kick the FG, then I believe the Bills have 6 points on the board at that time. After the Parrish TD, the game would have been tied 13-13. I'm not saying the Bills would have won the game at that point, especially with the way the offense was playing, but the Bills got screwed out of that chance. Like another poster stated, blown calls by the refs should be allowed to be challenged.

Great points. While almost everyone here on the board will bash Edwards up and down, you can throw the blame at the refs and also the O-line. Edwards throws a nice pass to Nelson for a first down, but is called back due to holding. The O-line (Bell & Green) looked ****ty in pass protection today and had Edwards scrambling numerous times or on his back. Gailey should have used the wildcat earlier and more often. Granted, Edwards did not play well, but the whole game should not be blamed on him either.

maybe if Evans had talent and savvy that matched his contract, he would have raised his arms early to make the arm-bar obvious

Speaking of getting screwed not by the ONLY by the refs but by the FIXED NFL... Imagine being a Detroit Lions fan :wallbash: ... Boy, did that team really get screwed! The Lions receiver, Calvin Johnson, caught the go ahead TD with ONE hand, had FULL CONTROL too and then the ground caused the ball to be knocked loose. The NFL is a crock! What? After somebdoy catches a TD and then actaully puts the ball down for a TOUCH DOWN (old-school)... That pass becomes impcomplete. That is what the NFL is becoming. You can clearly see he had caught the ball with ONE hand.

I thought I have seen everything... The league really sucks and is getting worse by the year!

The NFL, like most everything else, is obviously becoming controlled by lawyers. Only a lawyer could twist that enough to make someone buy that is wasn't a td. would not surprise me if whomever penned this rule was indeed a lawyer. Really disgraceful. Like I said in another thread, reminds me of the tuck rule.

the Bills on the other hand, have no beef with the refs that I saw

Edited by Dante

Come on Jerry, the team absolutely sucked today. Henne throws one pass correctly and Miami butterfinger DBs make a couple catches I could make and we lose by 30. Quit bitching about the refs. Weak.