Interesting Tid-Bit regarding the Home Opener

saundena

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

carpet bomb the dolphins bench and fly a tomahawk right up their :censored:

sounds good to me. :D

at the pats-bills game a few years ago at foxboro they had a stealth bomber flyover

youtube.com/watch?v=xsRIbEjlCK0

(how great is the internet that you can just find this stuff you remember from 4 years ago?)

what good is a stealth bomber if you can see it?

The 174th ANG from Hancock was transitioned from F-16s to drones about 4 months ago. F-15s never flew out of SYR. Now it's going to be a bunch of guys in an airconditioned room moving a joystick.

And you don't want THAT schit flying over the Ralph.

I doubt that any ANG base is flying drones. (1) There are issues with flying drones in civilian airspace; and (2) are not enough drones for the USAF let alone the ANG.

Could be that the F-16's once at Hancock will eventually be converteed into target drones for training down at Tyndall AFB. That contract was just awarded in March to Boeing.

Where is the nearest base to Buffalo with F15's? I doubt that they're coming from Cape Cod.

Good question? There are several bases nearby with F-16's.

Maybe Rome?

If true the F-15 will be very loud, fast and impressive.

I doubt that any ANG base is flying drones. (1) There are issues with flying drones in civilian airspace; and (2) are not enough drones for the USAF let alone the ANG.

Yes and no. They are not flying them locally, but they are flying them....

Syracuse Air National Guard at Hancock Field operating Reaper drones from afar

On Wednesday the guard announced that it was flying its first Reaper wartime missions around the clock. The flights over Afghanistan “focus primarily on providing over watch of American soldiers and marines on the ground,” the guard said in a release.

Last week, it came to pass. The Syracuse Air National Guard unit is the first in the nation to fly the remotely controlled Reaper. The craft carries up to four anti-armor missiles and two 500-pound bombs. The technology has been around since the early 1990s, when remotely controlled Predator aircraft flew surveillance missions in Bosnia.

I just saw (about 45 minutes ago anyway) what appeared to be three fighter jets flying low in formation north of Amherst/Town of Tonawanda. Since that isn't a plane we see often around these parts, I'd guessing they were making a dry run.

I always try to be in my seat for the fly-over, it's a major highlight and something I look forward. Some weak ones recently but this should be a great. I remember the last fighter flyover, seemed like it was just above the lights and rocked the stadium pretty good!!!

That would be quite loud, but cool.

As for the F-15s, the closest Air Guard base that operates them is located in Westfield Mass.

So, which are they going to have? A-10s would be great, but they better be up higher or you'll go deaf.

:D

And the A-10s can do strafing runs at Joe Robbie, Oakland-Alameda, Gillette... no qualms.

:D

i love these flyovers....very moving!

the timing of this flyover was off (in my opinion)....having read this thread ahead of time....i was the only one in my section that knew exactly what was coming (F-15's)....some others figured something was coming.....i didn't check the gameday handout, but this flyover should be advertised/announced better.

anyways, the national anthem ends.....i'm looking towards the sky over the scoreboard end.....i'm waiting.....i'm waiting.....like 30-45 seconds pass.....starting to wonder if they are really coming.....then i hear booing...lots of booing.....i look to the field and the players are doing their solidarity thing...pointing to the sky.....the booing gets louder......i look back up to the sky and the F-15's are half way across the field.....dang!!....i feel like i missed it.....still an awesome sight.

i think the flyovers should arrive exactly at or just before they say "and the home of the braaaaaaaaaaaave". they don't seem to have a problem timing commercials....how hard can it be ?