Interesting Tid-Bit regarding the Home Opener

saundena

i love these flyovers....very moving!

the timing of this flyover was off (in my opinion)....having read this thread ahead of time....i was the only one in my section that knew exactly what was coming (F-15's)....some others figured something was coming.....i didn't check the gameday handout, but this flyover should be advertised/announced better.

anyways, the national anthem ends.....i'm looking towards the sky over the scoreboard end.....i'm waiting.....i'm waiting.....like 30-45 seconds pass.....starting to wonder if they are really coming.....then i hear booing...lots of booing.....i look to the field and the players are doing their solidarity thing...pointing to the sky.....the booing gets louder......i look back up to the sky and the F-15's are half way across the field.....dang!!....i feel like i missed it.....still an awesome sight.

i think the flyovers should arrive exactly at or just before they say "and the home of the braaaaaaaaaaaave". they don't seem to have a problem timing commercials....how hard can it be ?

It's actually pretty hard to do, i wasnt at the game so i can't get into specifics of what did or did not happen there but the aircraft will have to orbit in a holding pattern in FAA approved airspace a distance away from the stadium, once they get clearance to go in they have to time their aircraft going 400 mph making adjustments to arrive just as the national anthem is finishing, if the anthem gets an early start, is sung quickly etc.. it's hard to time it perfectly

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those weren't F-15's. Those were T-38's which are old as dirt. I'm shocked they're still able to actually fly!

the t38 is the honda accord of fighter jets. you learn in em, beat the crap out of them for 200000 miles and they still keep running

It's actually pretty hard to do, i wasnt at the game so i can't get into specifics of what did or did not happen there but the aircraft will have to orbit in a holding pattern in FAA approved airspace a distance away from the stadium, once they get clearance to go in they have to time their aircraft going 400 mph making adjustments to arrive just as the national anthem is finishing, if the anthem gets an early start, is sung quickly etc.. it's hard to time it perfectly

I doubt Orchard park is controlled airspace, so they can "orbit" where they please. Max speed under 10,000 feet 288 mph or less.

i love these flyovers....very moving!

the timing of this flyover was off (in my opinion)....having read this thread ahead of time....i was the only one in my section that knew exactly what was coming (F-15's)....some others figured something was coming.....i didn't check the gameday handout, but this flyover should be advertised/announced better.

anyways, the national anthem ends.....i'm looking towards the sky over the scoreboard end.....i'm waiting.....i'm waiting.....like 30-45 seconds pass.....starting to wonder if they are really coming.....then i hear booing...lots of booing.....i look to the field and the players are doing their solidarity thing...pointing to the sky.....the booing gets louder......i look back up to the sky and the F-15's are half way across the field.....dang!!....i feel like i missed it.....still an awesome sight.

i think the flyovers should arrive exactly at or just before they say "and the home of the braaaaaaaaaaaave". they don't seem to have a problem timing commercials....how hard can it be ?

I ended up having to miss the game yesterday....So, the fans booed the players solidarity thing?

Also, I would think it would be really hard to time the flyover and I've always been amazed, because they usually are right at the end of braaaave.

i just called the bills......you are correct...they were T-38's....my son (military channel junkie) told me right away they were not F-15's.

They were not F-15's. F-15 are loud and scary.

Those were harmelss T-38 trainer jets. They were late on the fly over but I think the started they anthem early.

Edited by Bob in STL