Acceptable Jersey

tbonestake

I would think flying my colors to be ok...until I think about seeing a Marino jersey at the Bills/Chargers game, then you realize you just look like a douche.

I would think it more acceptable to rock a t-shirt, if I had to rep the colors, but the jersey is gameday ****. Just like it is unacceptable to wear an NFL jersey to a baseball game, or during an inactive period in the off-season...or not on gameday, it is inappropriate to rock your colors at a game where your team is not represented.

I am glad I would not run into this issue, because I have one allegiance on Sunday. If I am not at the Ralph, I am in the visiting stadium (colors flying) or in front of the tube.

I have worn a Bills Jersey or Two Bills Drive shirt, and various Bills winter coats, raincoats, bandannas, or hats, wherever I want as long as casual dress is expected.

I do not personally think it is a garment malfunction, but you are entitled to your opinion!:beer:

I kind of like wearing a Bills Jersey in NY City, Connecticut, Florida, etc., regardless of the season.

My game day jersey of choice is a #81 with "Price" removed and "Rockpile" added. I have another home jersey that is a converted #80, another Rockpile jersey.

The only legitimate unaltered player jersey I have is Phil Hansen (the SB years blue jersey). I do not wear it a lot because either it has shrunk or my waist has expanded, heh.

Rock

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother wore an OJ throwback to a game a few years ago. The responses were definitely mixed, but I remember there were some fans who adamantly disapproved.

Who would seriously "Disapprove" of wearing an OJ Jersey while at a Bills game? Were you tailgating with bible-thumping Christians? Were you grilling hotdogs in the Windom Community Church parking lot at 9AM when people cared? Did you catch a ride to the game with Nicole Brown's parents? Was the ghost of Ronald Goldman providing the brewskis? I mean honestly anyone who cared should have been punched in the mouth for being such a pu$$y.

I say wearing an OJ jersey is always acceptable on gameday.

Edited by West End Stench

I've kind of given up on the whole jersey thing. I'm tired of shelling out money for a jersey of a guy who turns out to be a turd like McGahee or someone who is a good player but goes elsewhere when his contract is up and now plays against us (seriously - who was the last good player the Bills had who stayed in Buffalo rather than getting big money somehwere else?).

The league put the kabosh on getting your jersey renumbered/renamed, so I have some really nice expensive jerseys in my closet that I don't wear - I'm not in a hurry to add to that collection.

My other $.02 on this topic - if you're a big guy, wear the jersey of a big guy. I can'ttell you how silly ti looks to see some 400+ pund dude rocking the jersey of some 150 pound receiver or defensive back - they really shouldn't even make Roscoe Parrish jerseys in size 58......

Who would seriously "Disapprove" of wearing an OJ Jersey while at a Bills game? Were you tailgating with bible-thumping Christians? Were you grilling hotdogs in the Windom Community Church parking lot at 9AM when people cared? Did you catch a ride to the game with Nicole Brown's parents? Was the ghost of Ronald Goldman providing the brewskis? I mean honestly anyone who cared should have been punched in the mouth for being such a pu$$y.

I say wearing an OJ jersey is always acceptable on gameday.

:worthy:

What's everyone's take on the Schobel jersey? I'll be wearing mine to the game on Sunday regardless, just curious to hear opinions because I can see people going either way on this one.

He might not star but would make the all time team. No issues there. If he ends up playing for texans, you'll get some heat but hey can't win em all.

Can I get a ruling on my James Lofton throwback?

Great. No one could hate lofton.

The team has let me down. I'll wear a Raven jersey, maybe Ray Lewis.

My other $.02 on this topic - if you're a big guy, wear the jersey of a big guy. I can'ttell you how silly ti looks to see some 400+ pund dude rocking the jersey of some 150 pound receiver or defensive back - they really shouldn't even make Roscoe Parrish jerseys in size 58......

Amen to that Brother! Great point.

I'm not sure I see why this is so terrible. Let's say you are visiting your friend in Charlotte and that he is a big Panthers fan. During your visit he drags you to a Panthers/49ers game of which neither team holds any interest for you at all but being an NFL fan you have no issue with going. By your rules are you saying it would be wrong to represent the Bills there anyway by throwing on a throwback Kelly?

To me it seems that flying your colors at an NFL game would be a good thing whether the Bills were playing or not.

Yea I'm bringing my boy wit me and he's a redskins fan. He's never been to any nfl game in his 40 years of living and I'm bringing him to the RALPH. But surely I wouldn't expect him to wear a bills jersey. Instead he's got a sean taylor (R.I.P.) jersey to wear to our debacling of the miami dolphins. LOL. A fan of football is a fan of football no matter what team it may be. I know the RALPH is gonna be rocking and he's gonna know that first hand. Go BILLS!

Leaving 2 am to get there when the gates open!

I couldn't agree more with this statement.. I'm 6'2", 265lbs.. I've never even considered a Spiller, Evans or McGee jersey.. I would like to get an Eric Wood jersey though. :thumbsup:

I would add that no one should purchase, let alone wear, the jersey of a rookie. It's a jinx, and also it's a huge risk that you will waste your money- I remember people wearing James Hardy jerseys his rookie year :ph34r:. I don't have a problem with it, like I would with someone wearing a Dolphins jersey at the Ralph, but I don't think it's a good idea and discourage it.

Also, don't wear the jersey/apparel of a team not playing in the game! For example, I went to a game a couple years ago with some friends and friends of friends, one of which was wearing an Eagles jersey and an Eagles hat (it was Bills-Jets). I find this even more obnoxious than wearing the opposing team's jersey in the stadium- at least the person has an investment in the game. If you're such a huge Eagles, or Giants, or whatever, fan, then stay home and watch that game. No one gives a **** about your team here today.

Edited by Andrew in LA