Acceptable Jersey

tbonestake

If you can't afford a new jersey, just duct tape over the name McGahee and write in Spiller. I have seen it done a million times, and while it's not the coolest thing ever it makes you look like WAYYYY less of an idiot than wearing a McGahee jersey.

The rules still apply to kids. If I saw a little kid in a McGahee jersey I would honestly consider it borderline child abuse.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 5 year old son has a mcgahee jersey. It was $10.00

I would say that there is an age-acceptable clause on what to wear - anyone under age, say, 10 is off limits when policing jersey wear.

Still, I should look into $10.00 Hardy or Crowell jerseys for him- he afterall Hardy just got cut, and Crowell just couldnt play anymore. not really any animosity with either one.

Frankly this type of behavior borders on child abuse. He doesn't even know what a no talent @#$ clown McGahee was/is! I don't fault him - its your fault! (sarcasm noted please) Crowell definitely accceptable - Hardy? Did they even make Hardy jerseys available to sell?

Wow Ben Bark good call on the "borderline child abuse." Great minds!

Classic. Not usually a fan of the "non-football player" name on the jersey, but you've made me modify my rule. Love it.

Yep, it was quite easy to make, too. Got a T-shirt made up with the Bills font, correctly sized - in correct colors - that said "LOVIN", cost about 10 bucks. Cut it out of the shirt, and had my wife sew it over "GAHEE."

Then she went over each letter with the sewing machine to make it look stitched. The picture darkens it a bit, and really doesn't do it justice. It really looks perfect.

I have gotten some funny comments at the Ralph about it, most people like it a lot.

So tbonestake = AtlantaBills1984? That's just lazy man, copy and pasting the identical thread across multiple forums. You're acting ke Merle.

Btw, it is steak. Stake is a sharp piece of wood.

cue sarcasm in 3...2...1...Oh man you got me! I guess I'll never post here again! :nana:

Edited by tbonestake

Sunday is the opener and the lots at the Ralph will be flooded with jersey-clad Buffalo-maniacs! I figured this would be the perfect time to discuss this topic.

This has been a hotly debated issue since the advent of jersey sales. Please give me your opinion on what is an aceptable jersey to wear.

MY OPINION:

CAN WEAR

Obviously you can wear a jersey of a current player. You can wear a jersey of a legendary ex-player or something that has cache, i.e. my wife has a John Tucker jersey. Not exactly a Sabres legend but good enough to wear the jersey. A Don Beebe jersey is acceptable for the Bills as well.

CANNOT WEAR

Players who left in disgrace, i.e. NO MORE MCGAHEE JERSIES!!!!

Players on teams not playing. No McNABB JERSIES!!!! You deserve all the ridicule if you wear one and no one should defend you unless youre six years old.

Add in whatever you feel is acceptable/unacceptable!!! GO BILLS!!!!

I did't realize there were jersey regulations, other than no profanity, etc. I have a closet full of those "not allowed jerseys" by your rules. I actually have two authentic McGahee jerseys in a drawer somewhere autographed from training camp. Is there a separate forum to find out if a specific jersey you own is an authorized garment? If you wear a jersey not on the authorized list, does that hamper the Bills chance of winning? Wasn't there a movie about John Tucker-"John Tucker must die?" One of the best jerseys I saw was at training camp the year after they traded McGahee, and after Superbad the move was a hit, someone change the name from McGahee to McLovin. I drove up from Virginia and went to 3 training camps days, and I must have seen at least 10 McGahee jerseys with homemade Spiller names on the back fixed over the idiots name, one even in paper. Classic.

Edited by billsfreak

I did't realize there were jersey regulations, other than no profanity, etc. I have a closet full of those "not allowed jerseys" by your rules. I actually have two authentic McGahee jerseys in a drawer somewhere autographed from training camp. Is there a separate forum to find out if a specific jersey you own is an authorized garment? If you wear a jersey not on the authorized list, does that hamper the Bills chance of winning? Wasn't there a movie about John Tucker-"John Tucker must die?" One of the best jerseys I saw was at training camp the year after they traded McGahee, and after Superbad the move was a hit, someone change the name from McGahee to McLovin. I drove up from Virginia and went to 3 training camps days, and I must have seen at least 10 McGahee jerseys with homemade Spiller names on the back fixed over the idiots name, one even in paper. Classic.

The issue with McGahee is the comments he made about the city and the fact that he left under bad terms. Thats great that you have the autographs but I promise you if you wore a McGahee jersey to OBD on Sunday, you would get ridiculed unmercifully!!! I am just looking out for ya billsfreak!

PS-John Tucker was the last Sabre to score 4 goals in a game :thumbsup: The movie was Ross Tucker Must Die...I think

Edited by tbonestake