Vic Carucci picks Bills

thewildrabbit

honestly the only reason why carucci or adam shefter picked us is because we are at home.... the way they disrespect us.... they wouldn't pick us if 1st game was in miami. sad but true.

You want the Bills to be given respect but respect is earned. What have the Bills done in the last decade on the field to earn respect? Nothing, let the media say what they will, the games are decided on the field. If the Bills win and compete for a playoff spot they will have earned some respect. If they stink it up - yet again - then they get the bashing they deserve.

I'm not sure that saying a team is going to win is a sign of disrespect. I remember back when a Green Bay-Tampa Bay game would be called the Bay of Pigs on ESPN. That's disrespect. But you're looking for insults were none was given.

it is either

when none were given; or

where none were given..

sorry, sometimes I read poor grammar and just can't help myself...

Edited by Conch

The Fish are favored by 3, so it's pretty close. I like Vic Carucci during the game day interviews/commentary.

He seems to make a lot of sense when I have heard him last year.

I am thinking the Fish may have an issue also they have NO tape on the Bills and don't really know

what type of O ti prepare for.

That should be a definite advantage in my opinion.

:thumbsup:

it is either

when none were given; or

where none were given..

sorry, sometimes I read poor grammar and just can't help myself...

Actually, it's a typo. "were" should have been "where." I grovel at your feet for forgiveness.

And if you can't help yourself when you read poor grammar, you must spend a lot of time correcting posters on TSW.

But if it's the use of the singular verb with "none," I have to defer to my copy of the American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language (3rd Ed.): "either a singular or plural verb is acceptably used."

"Both are acceptable beyond serious criticism," says Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of English Usage.

Since the word is etymologically derived from the Old English word for "one" I prefer to use the singular verb. Sorry, but sometimes when someone says I'm wrong and I'm not ...

So is it wrong to rank your children? My favorite knows he is the favorite, the other two sit on the floor during games, and to tell you the truth I hardly talk to them. When they learn to throw a football we can talk.

Tough love.... :w00t:

The Fins defenders are weak in the secondary, but they have a strong running game. This could come down to Edwards passing vs. Fins running. Will the Bills defense stop the Fins running game? Is their QB ready for prime time where he will face the best secondary in the AFC East.

Interesting match up, but the Buffalo Fans will be a biggest factor in stopping the Fins Running game...so noise level makes the Bills a favorite in this game.

I'm wondering if this new "3-4" is going to look a lot like a 4-3 for a good portion of the game/season simply because of personnel. If that happens the phins really will have no idea what's going on when they look at bills D. Smoke and mirrors!

I think it will be for the first few games as well, especially if we have to run blitz a lot out of the 34 to stop the run. Edwards, Williams, Troup, and Stroud would be solid against the run but would provide little off the edge in the rush department. Not that we get anything off the edge in the rush department anyways...

You want the Bills to be given respect but respect is earned. What have the Bills done in the last decade on the field to earn respect? Nothing, let the media say what they will, the games are decided on the field. If the Bills win and compete for a playoff spot they will have earned some respect. If they stink it up - yet again - then they get the bashing they deserve.

Exactly :thumbsup: So let's win some games and earn some respect. Who cares if the media thinks we suck. What does it matter really. Let's just win games and win big.

What a change from the past three coaches!

This. Quote me if you'd like. Greggo was a blowhard drill sergeant. (And ruined a perfectly good defense when he got here.) Mularkey was better, but hobbled by Jerry Gray's smoke 'n mirrors defense. Enter Marv and Dick. Lather, rinse, repeat. I welcome Chan Gailey.