Stadium Wall vs Buffalo News/

Webster Guy

Agreed.

A couple hundred diehard message board fans are not reflective of the community as a whole. This micro-community has a distorted view of reality, but it makes them feel important and relevant. Maybe this explains how slighted everyone seems to feel around here about any article or commentary either locally or nationally that criticizes Buffalo or the Bills.

The Bills have lost all relevancy to 99.999% of the population, but they are very relevant to the upset commentators on this message board.

I learned a long time ago that being a dedicated fan involves using both your head and your heart. A lot of people only use their heart and therefore are hurt by every little criticism even though the it may be completely justified.

Well good for you. But me? I'm a fan (that's short for fanatic) of the Buffalo Bills, my home town team. I do take to heart the negative comments that are made, be it nationally, locally, and even here on this site. The Bills are part of my family, and just like I would be upset if someone said negative things about one of my family members, it is the same with the Bills. Dog one of us and you dog all of us.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't take how lame and negative some of these hack articles are that come from the Buffalo News. I was literally laughing out loud by myself at this latest article by Mike Harrington that talks about how Miami is just another team and there is no rivalry anymore, and that "The Bills are completely irrelevant so they can't even have a rival"

At first he starts with this line, taken from the Jerry Sullivan School of Gloom: "It's Miami Week. Squish the Fish, right? Are you pumped? Didn't think so."

Oh you didn't think so? Why because YOU'RE not pumped for the home opener against Miami you lame-o? Wanna ask my kids or my friends that have been talking about this Sunday for months? I personally cannot wait for this game to start and its killing me that it's only Wednesday right now.

You're not pumped to watch our new guys play their first real home game in Buffalo. Not pumped to see Spiller and the new plays Gailey has in store for Miami that nobody has even seen yet? You shouldn't have a job in sports if you aren't Christmas-morning excited for this game.

So speak for yourself Harrington, maybe next time just say that you're not pumped, but don't speak for me or the sold out stadium thank you.

I swear I would take the top ten posters on this board over every one of these hack writers (except Wilson).

Here's the kicker: he goes on to write: "Fans can't hate the Dolphins anymore. Who's the quarterback? Who's the coach? You barely know."

Really? I barely know? Wait you mean YOU barely know. I follow the AFC East because I'm a Bills fan, you obviously don't. I watched them go from 1-15 in 2007 to division champs at 11-5 the following year. Didn't you? Sorry dude but not only are you stretching a weak point, why don't you bring up game-relevant stuff like this:

Dolphins left tackle Jake Long has hurt knee and linebacker Channing Crowder are both serious Miami contributors that are hurt right now.

Cornerback Vontae Davis also has a hurt ankle, Will Allen got placed on IR for the SEASON. So that means CB jason Allen is going to start against Buffalo. I wonder how that might affect the gameplan for us? What about Ronnie Brown is he 100% from that surgery? That would be nice to know.

Stop writing weak off season 6th grade articles five days before the home opener please and use your locker room badge to dig a little deeper.

I've said this before here, but Warren Buffet has said that he would close down the Buffalo News because it's not profitable, but that he's keeping it alive simply because he thinks it's a valuable community asset. I disagree.

The STADIUM WALL is an asset baby! Warren send us some cash for a TaILgaTe PaRtY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Webster, I'm with you brother 100%! Couldn't be more pumped. New offensive scheme. New defensive scheme. New coaches (love Chan so far). A new TE??? I'm super excited. Go Bills! Squish the fish!

I am a Die Hard Bills fan since 1960.... I am always pumped for opening day, And Yes the Bills-Fins games means a lot to me, the Local Media Sucks, I swear its the worst in the country, I just wish one would support our local teams, Anyway GO BILLS! LETS GET IT STARTED

Yeah...& watch them all jump on board when the Bills start winning again.

how much bad can anyone realistically take, though?

jw

True. There was a discussion a few months back regarding restricting posting privileges to new users but I don't think there was a consensus on what and how to implement such rules. The biggest loss I feel is the exit of posters like Lori and Tim Graham due to behavior of some morons. Perhaps matters may come to a head and we will end up with stronger rules and stronger enforcement.

He's talking about the Average Joe fan, not the fan who cares enough to create an account on a fan message board. Also, there's little doubt the rivalry -- especially on the Buffalo side -- has lost much of its luster.

I agree and disagree here. The rivalry might have lost some of it's luster in South Florida but I doubt it has in Buffalo. Talking about the average Joe, this moronic writer should get a better pulse for the city that bears the name of the newspaper he is writing for. I have no idea who this clown is or where he came from but it seems to me that there used to be a good handful of writers for the BN, and even the Courier for that matter, that knew what a home game against the Fish stood for. It is and always has been the David vs. Goliath game, the have's vs. the have nots. Miami fans couldn't carry the jocks of Bills fans but the perception in the media has always been that Miami is the better city. Not for football though. This writer is a moron and I would guess that he won't last in this town much longer.

how much bad can anyone realistically take, though?

jw

Spotting the yahoos on this board is easy & fast. I read their first few words...then the flag goes up, & I skip down to the next post without even giving their idiotic words space in my thought process...therefore they don't bother me one bit. It's kinda like channel surfing on TV. When you tune into something idiotic, what do you do? You switch the station right away without dwelling on the idiocy you just witnessed. Any other method of dealing with the immature humans on this board will make you nuts. Most of them are probably teenagers anyway & their brain isn't full developed yet. A good sense of humor helps too.

who knows. shedding my cynical reputation, maybe this is one category in which the Bills (or their fans, at least) can really be considered No. 1. :devil:

jw

Funny how you are complaining about negative posters, but all 3 of your posts in this thread were negative toward this site, or Bills fans in general.........just sayin'

Funny how you are complaining about negative posters, but all 3 of your posts in this thread were negative toward this site, or Bills fans in general.........just sayin'

well, if they can dish it out to sportswriters with an all-too-generalizing sweep of a brush, then i guess i'm free to respond in kind. to be fair, i did have one positive post in suggesting Bills fans have a chance to be No. 1 at something. why shoot for second?

jw

No rivalry? I live in South Florida and recently called a local air conditioning co. The repair guy shows up in a van with Dolphins stuff all over it, and on the roof was "billssuck.com", with Bills logo with a red circle and line thru it.

It was ninety in may house and I still told him I didn't need his service.

Great post, my man. I laughed my arse off when I read it!