If we finish 10-6...

Jerry Jabber

Guest dog14787

If Gailey was to get the Bills into the playoffs in his very first year after a decade of losing football a new award would be order in my opinion,

Coach of the decade award :thumbsup:

I'd love to see us go 10-6 but the team Gailey inherited in Dallas had a lot more talent than we have....

Regardless of talent, the Dallas team he took over went 6-10 the prior year. He came in and turned it around to 10-6 the following year.

I'd love to see us go 10-6 but the team Gailey inherited in Dallas had a lot more talent than we have....

How do you know that? Maybe we have talented players but they were not put into situations to show their talent because of coaching.

To say this team doesn't have talent is a weak argument considering the coaching (or lack of) we have had on this team since Wade left. I'm not saying Gailey is different I'm just saying lets wait and see.

'

there is talent on this team; there is also places where it needs to be improved, BUT a good head coach can and should be able to hide a little of those deficiencies.Don't get me wrong looking at this team I don't believe this is a playoff team but let see what we really have this year. Both coaching and players.

I think 9 wins gets Chan the honor. Although I think it's Singletary's year.

Doubt it. He'd win COY if the 49ers weren't expected to win anything and they won something like 10-11 games.

Look at it this way - a guy who wins coach of the year would do so because he got his team to perform above & beyond expectations...kind of like the MVP of the league. If you take that one guy off his team, do they still have the same results? So, if the Bills win 11 games, Gailey would likely be a candidate because nobody expects the Bills to do that well.

I wouldn't worry about it. The Bills ain't winning 10 games. Put the LSD down.

LSD?! I bet you said the same thing when the Phins went from 1-15 to 11-5. The Bills had a completely inept coaching staff in here over the last 4 years and their record was 7-9 (3x) and 6-10. With a better coaching staff and this team better prepared, 10 wins is possible. I'm not saying it's gonna happen, but it's a possibility.

LSD?! I bet you said the same thing when the Phins went from 1-15 to 11-5. The Bills had a completely inept coaching staff in here over the last 4 years and their record was 7-9 (3x) and 6-10. With a better coaching staff and this team better prepared, 10 wins is possible. I'm not saying it's gonna happen, but it's a possibility.

That 11-5 Dolphins team was much better than the 2010 Bills.

Yes together with the Nobel Peace Prize (just because).

The year before Gailey arrived in Dallas, the Cowboys were 6-10. In Gailey's first year in Dallas, the Cowboys went 10-6 and had a wild card berth. If Gailey can do the same here in Buffalo, does he he serious consideration for Coach Of the Year?

The year before Gailey arrived in Dallas, the Cowboys were 6-10. In Gailey's first year in Dallas, the Cowboys went 10-6 and had a wild card berth. If Gailey can do the same here in Buffalo, does he he serious consideration for Coach Of the Year?

Can't compare those Dallas teams lead by Aikmen to us. They had studs across both lines (although aged), great D and a still productve Emmit and additional weapons, and they had already won 2 Superbowls.

But your ? as to COY-It depends on what other teams do. If Swartz takes the Lions to the Superbowl, or if Cable takes the Raiders to the big dance then Chan would have to do better, he'd have to win it. In my heart he would be coach of the decade if he goes 10-6, but that alone won't win the award if another cellar dwellar does better.

This team can beat Miami, possibly take one from the Pats or Jets in their first meeting, beat the jags, chiefs, bears, lions, bengals, browns and possibly a couple more upsets for 10 wins. This is possible, but not probable. I do believe we have a good shot at 8 and 8 this year. If we properly address more holes\weaknesses next year we can start thinking possible playoffs.

If Gailey was to get the Bills into the playoffs in his very first year after a decade of losing football a new award would be order in my opinion,

Coach of the decade award :thumbsup:

...and renaming Buffalo to simply "Chan".