Google Gone Crazy

The Dean

Word is it might not be there because of Google's B-day, but instead may be related to something being announced tomorrow.

From Naker's link:

UPDATE: It looks like the doodle is not related to Google's birthday, as a spokesperson told Search Engine Land. Rather "is fast, fun and interactive, just the way we think search should be.”

This would imply that the logo may have more to do with the press event scheduled for tomorrow. It has been rumored that the event may have something to do with the experimental search results page Google has been testing which updates the results as the query is typed or modified.

Google is like an old girlfriend of mine. Simple, good looking and always with the drama. I should just KNOW what it's about?

Word is it might not be there because of Google's B-day, but instead may be related to something being announced tomorrow.

From Naker's link:

Google is like an old girlfriend of mine. Simple, good looking and always with the drama. I should just KNOW what it's about?

The big difference is Google is smart.

From Naker's link:

I remember seeing an article a couple weeks ago that Google was experimenting with "real time" searches. Meaning instead of just webpages, it would also search things like facebook, twitter, etc in real time whenever someone was looking for something.

Just some random crap but the first time I heard the word google (actually googol) a classmate of mine in elementary school (probably 40 + years ago) told us about the word. So the teacher gave him a project to demonstrate what it really looked like. So she had him put the number up on the wall around the classroom. A single 1 followed by 100 zeros. Quite impressive and I have no idea how long it took him to make those 100 zeros.

It was for Google Instant. I have it rolled out to my Google account already, kinda cool, but tbh not THAT useful

It screwed up my settings (no Safe Search filter, 50 results per page). I had to turn the damn Instant off and reset them.

Just some random crap but the first time I heard the word google (actually googol) a classmate of mine in elementary school (probably 40 + years ago) told us about the word. So the teacher gave him a project to demonstrate what it really looked like. So she had him put the number up on the wall around the classroom. A single 1 followed by 100 zeros. Quite impressive and I have no idea how long it took him to make those 100 zeros.

Cool! The hard/time consuming part was probably not writing the 0's, but putting up the paper to write it on... Or did the classmate write it on the wall?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Cool! The hard/time consuming part was probably not writing the 0's, but putting up the paper to write it on... Or did the classmate write it on the wall?

I'm thinking "chalkboard".