Is anyone else not fully buying into Gailey?

billsfan89

:wallbash::wallbash: I knew better than to open this post ... I really did know better but then again maybe I didn't.

Do you know that if the sun shines it doesn't mean it is going to be a sunny day because every pesimist in the world is going to say that there is a storm on the horizon even though the sun is shining.

The Cowboys admit they screwed up by firing Gailey ... he has proven himself to be a good offensive minded coach at the college and pro level. He has come into town with a major attitude adjustment for the players and team.

Why can't you sit back ... watch a few games ... see if Gailey's Bills are showing a winning attitude and competence on the field. No one is a miracle worker ... he is not going to be fired if they aren't in the playoffs but from everything he has showed us he is a coach who will stand up for his players but also not sugar coat their mistakes ... he wants to win.

So pull your head out of the storm and look at the sunshine ... no, we aren't going to be undefeated but there's a fairly good chance we will be 1-0 after Sunday's game ...

Be a fan for a few days ... cheer for your Bills ... hope for the best ... enjoy CJ Spiller and if the Byrdman is back in action watch him fly ... Roscoe is going to do some special things and there may be some surprises too...

GO BILLS

AMEN!!! :thumbsup:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Past Coaching records mean nothing to me, see Billechick Cleveland.

The coach is only responsible for development, game planning, game dicissions, adjustments, etc.

The GM is responsible for providing the best available players following a plan to eventually reach the playoffs.

The Owner is responsible for money.

How Gailey coaches this team is something for January 2011.

Edited by Another Point of View

OK I think that Gailey is saying and doing all the right things. BUT I just don't know if he is the coach that is going to lead us back to the playoffs. I mean so far pre-season we have looked good but its pre-season its still meaningless. If I look at what Gailey has done in the past it doesn't inspire much confidence. Since getting canned by Dallas (After a somewhat successful stint there) he hasn't done much.

His record with Miami isn't impressive (they improved after he left), his record with Georgia Tech isn't impressive either (They improved a lot after he left), and KC wasn't that good and even though they got slightly worse after he left Tony Gonzales also left which was more likely due to their slight decline.

All in all I hope for the best but just because Gailey is better then Jauron doesn't mean he is going to work out.

Call me nuts, but Id like to see him actually coach a game or two for the Buffalo Bills before I start making judgements.

OK I think that Gailey is saying and doing all the right things. BUT I just don't know if he is the coach that is going to lead us back to the playoffs. I mean so far pre-season we have looked good but its pre-season its still meaningless. If I look at what Gailey has done in the past it doesn't inspire much confidence. Since getting canned by Dallas (After a somewhat successful stint there) he hasn't done much.

His record with Miami isn't impressive (they improved after he left), his record with Georgia Tech isn't impressive either (They improved a lot after he left), and KC wasn't that good and even though they got slightly worse after he left Tony Gonzales also left which was more likely due to their slight decline.

All in all I hope for the best but just because Gailey is better then Jauron doesn't mean he is going to work out.

Gailey is middle of the road. Just like the rest of the players, management and ownership of the team. A competitive, but minor league outfit in the context of today's NFL. Cannon fodder for the rest of the league. An entry point to the league. Donald Jones and David Nelson probably would not make the roster of any other NFL team. The Bills are like the Bisons, an entry point to the big show. Everyone on that roster wants to be somewhere else, and is planning on being somewhere else once their contract is up.

I don't think it matters whether we buy into him. The players are buying into him, and there is enough talent on this squad to be competitive. The OL isn't great, but he'll design plays and call plays to take advantage of the strengths of the offense. The transition from 4-3 to 3-4 will take a bit of time, but these are all NFL calibre players, so if the coaching is right, they will be good.

I like his attitude about coming to work expecting to win. I think his playcalling is key to the whole thing. Playcalling is all about catching the opposition off-guard. In other words, right play right time. Remember in 2002 when NE ran like 26 successful screen plays on us? That's what we need from CG.

We are going to give up a ton of points this year. That defense is swiss cheese against the run. On the other hand , my sense is Gailey will put up points. This games will be fun to watch, but I see our run game falling apart as we have to pass to stay in games.

Past Coaching records mean nothing to me, see Billechick Cleveland.

The coach is only responsible for development, game planning, game dicissions, adjustments, etc.

The GM is responsible for providing the best available players following a plan to eventually reach the playoffs.

The Owner is responsible for money.

Why is it fans hold the Head Coach responsible for everything from money to unsigned free agents?

How Gailey coaches this team is something for January 2011. I need to see more!!!

Edited by Another Point of View

Your mother and father really should learn how to use the parental controls on your computer to keep you from wandering onto sites meant for adults

I'm supporting him, although I am less than impressed with the personnel moves to date. He is clearly proving me wrong on the CJ Spiller pick from what I'm seeing in the preseason. He can't be worse than the previous crew on game day coaching (and he has a pretty good reputation as a game day coach).

Buy into him? Not until he shows me nine wins.

:wallbash::wallbash: I knew better than to open this post ... I really did know better but then again maybe I didn't.

GO BILLS

I shoulda. I coulda. I didn't. :doh:

:wallbash: :wallbash:

I walked blissfully right into the troll's den . . . :oops::sick:

Edited by Sabre Bill

I don't think Chan is going to lead us to the promise land this year, and next year is still up for grabs if we even have a season. However, the guy has guts enough to lead them. Jauron was dead from the neck up; just didn't have the good sense to lay down.

Chan's dog us comments raised his potential IMO.

Is everyone forgetting that no other coach wanted to come to Buffalo? Chan showed he has balls and courage to take over this franchise and has made a big difference in players attitudes and performance. If he had not done well in the preseason , then some of u doubters would be finding fault with him. He does well in the preseason and u still find fault with him.What is wrong with some of u numbnuts?

Based on what I've seen of Shanahan so far in Washington, I'm not convinced he is the right coach for the Skins. Trading for McNabb was not smart. He is likely to be injured a lot. Fortunately, I'm not a Skins fan. Previous coaching record has very little to do with how a coach does with a new team. Each situation is different. But based on previous coaching record, Gailey looks good, his team making the playoffs most years when he was an NFL coach. Gailey will put the players on this team in a position to win. Jauron put his players in a position to lose. There is a major difference at One Bills Drive and the players know it and appreciate it. Listen to TE, for example.

Is everyone forgetting that no other coach wanted to come to Buffalo? Chan showed he has balls and courage to take over this franchise and has made a big difference in players attitudes and performance. If he had not done well in the preseason , then some of u doubters would be finding fault with him. He does well in the preseason and u still find fault with him.What is wrong with some of u numbnuts?

What is your source for the major statement that NO other coach wanted to come to Buffalo. Fewell certainly would have taken the job for one. Not that he is better or worse, I'm just saying that there were other options. Shanahan and others took phone calls to discuss the job. I think this "we suck so bad nobody loves us" crap has to stop if we are going to get anywhere in the future.

Gailey might be good or he might be bad. Like he says Let's let him show us the baby.

Great post. You're absolutely right. Why should Bills fans get excited. We don't deserve it. This is part of the conspiracy.

Jesus, man... if you don't want to get excited, then don't. I really don't know why you wouldn't want to be excited to root for the Bills, but I don't understand why many here even watch football.

It is interesting to see the tired-ass old arguments used when Gailey was hired are still alive and well.

Again, great insight!!! Never cheer, until you know that they are going to do well, then you won't look bad if they don't.

Guest dog14787

Myself personally, When Chan Gailey took time out to defend his players with his famous quote, "You dog one of us, you dog all of us!", and then I heard this young fella that was close to the action yell out, "you tell em Coach!" It was an emotional moment for me, one that has already endeared Chan Gailey forever in my heart.

Thanks to our new HC Chan Gailey, I'm not just hoping to win in the future, I'm expecting to win. :thumbsup:

Edited by dog14787

I am as hopeful as the next Bills fan, but I am not going to go gaga over a coach who hasn't won a game here yet. He doesn't have that great of a record anywhere as a head coach, hopefully being here changes that, much like it did for Marv Levy. Alot of people on this board are all excited knowing the Bills finally hired a coach to lead them back to the promised land, myself, I will hold judgement until he does something worthy of praise (yelling at a couple of young fans at training camp doesn't make him a legend in my book). Get us back to the playoffs in the next few years and then I will agree that he was a good hire, otherwise he is no different than the last 3 or 4 clowns they have had in here.

Who cares if the fans have fully bought-into Gailey (well, except Ralph)? The key question is whether the players have bought-into him. I think they have, especially those who were there the past few years and saw how things were done under Jauron, not to mention his defense of Trent to that crowd of punks. But the results of the season will speak for themselves, and if the team does well, the fans will buy into him.