Spiller is #1 on the depth chart

Coach Klein

That Chris Brown wrote this for the Bills official site is rather interesting. He makes sure he says it's unofficial, but the fact that he even blogged about it says something to me. (Not sure exactly what, but something.)

According to the depth chart on buffalobills.com , Fred Jackson is number 1 followed by Spiller then Marshawn.

According to the depth chart on buffalobills.com , Fred Jackson is number 1 followed by Spiller then Marshawn.

C.J. Spiller is sitting atop the Bills depth chart in their first weekly game release of the season.
Edited by The Dean

I was one that really wanted to keep lynch, because of injuries and we are for sure going to run the ball a lot. But With Bell on the practice squad and him just being awesome during preseason, I really wouldn't mind trading lynch for a low 2nd rounder or a high 3rd rounder at this point. Though I wouldn't advocate it. I just wouldn't complain about it.

hopefully he performs well enough to stay there, because I know Freddy will fight like hell to take the job and I imagine Lynch won't go away quietly. RB should be the strength of the offense this year. I am excited to see them run wild on some teams, starting with the aquatic mammals from southern Florida.

This only means good things for Buffalo's offense. Three players all have the ability and opportunity to start for the team week in and week out. They'll be fighting for that spot every week against each other and that usually brings out the best production. If we can't run and catch out of the backfield this year then I'm not sure what we'll be able to do.

I constantly admire optimism, but it would be almost impossible for the Bills to get a 2nd rounder for Lynch. It is not like the guy is high character and/or coming off an impressive all-pro type season. The Bills would jump at the chance to trade Lynch and a 6th or 7th next year for a 3rd if a team is really needing a running back.

I was one that really wanted to keep lynch, because of injuries and we are for sure going to run the ball a lot. But With Bell on the practice squad and him just being awesome during preseason, I really wouldn't mind trading lynch for a low 2nd rounder or a high 3rd rounder at this point. Though I wouldn't advocate it. I just wouldn't complain about it.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/09/06/spiller-tops-depth-chart/

Jackson and Lynch are both listed at #2 with a slash between their names.

On the Bills site depth chart it's Jackson then Lynch

Special teams was updated. Spiller then Jones listed for PR. Jones then Spiller listed for KR

McKelvin is #2 RCB.

Makes me go Hmmmm. Am I reading too much here?

Special teams was updated. Spiller then Jones listed for PR. Jones then Spiller listed for KR

McKelvin is #2 RCB.

You aren't reading too much, but too little. Read the article again:

C.J. Spiller is sitting atop the Bills depth chart in their first weekly game release of the season.

Though it is listed as the unofficial depth chart...

McKelvin is #2 RCB.

Why is Mckelvin not # 1 KR?

The guy was explosive in his rookie year in the returning game and he is forgiven for his botched return in the pats game last year.

I bet by week 3 that depth chart will change.

I constantly admire optimism, but it would be almost impossible for the Bills to get a 2nd rounder for Lynch. It is not like the guy is high character and/or coming off an impressive all-pro type season. The Bills would jump at the chance to trade Lynch and a 6th or 7th next year for a 3rd if a team is really needing a running back.

Sixth or 7th rounder? What are you crackerdogs? Come on man think a little.

Guest dog14787

I also don't see Marshawn Lynch having much trade value at this point in time.

Has Nix of Gailey ever, even once, in the slightest, in any way hinted that they wanted to trade Lynch or Jackson? Has either winked or bristled their chin when mentinoning Lynch or Jackson's name? No. Ya know why? Because they have no plans to trade either. None. Get over it people. They're not looking to trade any of our RBs. Please, stop being idiots and talking about trading away the strength of our team when there's never been the slightest inclination during the entire off season that any RB will be traded.

Please read his comment carefully. He believes that the Bills may be able to get a 3rd rounder by Trading Lynch and giving up their own 6th or 7th.