practice squad

bkc

Good catch. I wonder what went into their thinking in signing these guys as opposed to some others - including guys we just released.

I get the Hubbard thing he is the big w.r that buddy talks about .

I can not find anything on russell . That said olb is going to be shaky this year

Both guys are developmental projects. Surprised we have not signed Levi Brown yet.

Probably looking at film on all the other QB's they passed on in the draft to see if any of them look better than Brown. Max Hall was anointed by Peter King as the next great thing because he threw for a tone of yards and TD's at BYU. So did Ty Detmer. So did Steve Young. Wonder which one he will turn out to be closer to. I also wonder if Detmer's relatively unremarkable but somewhat long journeyman NFL career affected Hall's status.

He should be pissed at himself, for not doing more to make the team. I still think he will end up on a PS somewhere. Of course the Brohm haters insisted Brown wouldn't be cut because he would be swooped up by another team. I guess that tells you a big about what you need to know about their ability to judge QB play. :rolleyes:

He should be pissed at himself, for not doing more to make the team. I still think he will end up on a PS somewhere. Of course the Brohm haters insisted Brown wouldn't be cut because he would be swooped up by another team. I guess that tells you a big about what you need to know about their ability to judge QB play. :rolleyes:

How was Brown treated any more fairly than Brohm?

How was Brown treated any more fairly than Brohm?

By whom?

The coaching staff? I think the coaching treated them both as fairly as coaching staffs do.

The posters here? I don't think many were hammering Brown suggesting he is a bum and can never contribute. In fact, most wanted the Bills to either keep him on the 53 roster, or on the PS.

Levi Brown - dumb thing to tweet. The internet leaves a stain.

It never ceases to amaze how young people today use the internet to tell the world how they feel.

I see people incriminate themselves in email all the time at work. I see it on Facebock, Twitter, etc.

Levi Brown - dumb thing to tweet. The internet leaves a stain.

I was thinking the same thing before I actually saw what he wrote. It wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. He didn't say he was pissed at the coach, or the Bills...just that he was pissed.

Crap! My first twitter mistake...i shoulda seen that 1 coming. But sorry 2 those who took that the wrong way.

pissed=bad choice of words. But of course im not happy bout getting cut...what competitor would be?

As least someone told him to tone it down. A 7th rounder should welcome any opportunity given to them.

Edited by Beerball

I was thinking the same thing before I actually saw what he wrote. It wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. He didn't say he was pissed at the coach, or the Bills...just that he was pissed.

Good point. I thought he looked promising and would like to see him on our PS.

By whom?

The coaching staff? I think the coaching treated them both as fairly as coaching staffs do.

The posters here? I don't think many were hammering Brown suggesting he is a bum and can never contribute. In fact, most wanted the Bills to either keep him on the 53 roster, or on the PS.

The coaching staff. People here keep on harping on how Brohm never gets a real shot to be a starter. Brown got even less of one to be a back-up.

280 is big , checking various links I have seen him listed anywhere from 263-280

My guess is that linebackers will be a primary focus this coming off season (and draft). I think when Nixley looked at the roster, they had to decide which players were good enough to get them through this season and which needed to be really, really upgraded right away. The "good enoughs" will be addressed for next season. That includes Poz and Mitchell.