Winless?

Alaska Darin

I just don't understand the sentiment behind these ridiculous opinions. Bad QBs, bad tackles, no passing game, not much of a pass rush from the edges, we had ALL THESE SAME PROBLEMS last year and we went 6-10. Why would the team suddenly regress by 6 wins?

Well it's like this. When a whole new "regime" comes in and goes through one full winter workouts, the main free agency signing period in March, the draft, mini camps, the second free agency signing period after June 1st, training camp and preseason, and comes out of all of that with the exact same weaknesses they had the previous year under different management and coaching, most expert NFL people would say the new guys SUCK at their jobs. And now on top of all that, the team is also saddled with learning new playbooks, schemes and formations.

Bottom line, the experts predict the team to be worse.

Sorry true blue Bills fans, (of which I am one), when your top free agent signing is a defensive end with injury problems who failed two other teams' physicals during free agent visits, the experts are not going to look upon you with very much favor. When your number one draft choice is a potential super star and yet nobody is impressed you drafted him because they don't think your offensive line is good enough to keep him in one piece, they are not going to look upon you with much favor. When your second and third round draft picks are good need position players, but played at lower level colleges, the experts are not going to look upon you with much favor. And finally, when Trent Edwards is still your starting QB, the experts are really not going to look at you with much favor!! :doh:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah? How is LA's team doing?

Oh...right....they don't have one. Pffft. Sour grapes and a nice 6.9 earthquake for them.

A big thanks to me and other Bills fans living in LA :thumbdown:

10 years, no playoffs.

HORRIBLE coaching. HORRIBLE QB, and a shaky owner.

What do you expect?

WIN and EARN respect. Till them, IGNORE this crap.

A big thanks to me and other Bills fans living in LA :thumbdown:

10 years, no playoffs.

HORRIBLE coaching. HORRIBLE QB, and a shaky owner.

What do you expect?

WIN and EARN respect. Till them, IGNORE this crap.

A virtual earthquake for the idiots who wrote that crap, not you or anyone else. My apologies.

As to what do I expect? I expect that with a better coach, some upgrades and more cohesion, the Bills will be a better team than they have been for a long time.

We need to come to grips with the fact that the Buffalo Bills are a small market team that does not attract a lot of franshise players or media attenton. We do not have a global netowrk of fans like the Cowboys or Jets do. ESPN and football analyzers spend much more time researching sexy media favorite teams rather than a team that went 6-10 last year starting three different qb's and having an overly passive coach and is in the process of rebuilding and reorchestrating their entire franchise. The only people that have the most insight and ability to accurately assess this team is us, the fans. We have lived here, we know our team, our capabilities, we are watching practices, we have seen the ups and downs, and i gurantee that most dedicated bills fans know more about their team than any of these biast bandwagon analyzers outside of upstate ever will. :beer:

Hilarious how you guys get your panties in a bunch over stuff like this.

He isn't saying the Bills will go winless. He is saying if there's a team that will, it would be us. And it's really a toss-up between us and the Rams.

I think we're going to go 2-14. It's nearly impossible to go 16 games and not have the ball bounce your way once or twice.

Until we have an NFL-starting caliber QB on our Roster, stop crying like little bitches when someone makes an observation about our misfortune.

Go Bills.......

Edit: Great comment below the article "To go winless requires a very special kind of ineptitude."

Edited by stevestojan

I just don't understand the sentiment behind these ridiculous opinions. Bad QBs, bad tackles, no passing game, not much of a pass rush from the edges, we had ALL THESE SAME PROBLEMS last year and we went 6-10. Why would the team suddenly regress by 6 wins?

Aren't the posters (and publications) who guess zero wins, 3-13, etc, just as stupid as, say The Senator with his annual 19-0 prediction?

The same grumpy posters who say they will "be shocked!" if the Bills win 4 games, never post the following year saying how completely off-base they were. Instead they continue to pound away at how the Bills are the worst organization in football, how Ralph is cheap, etc.

No, I'm not saying 7 or 8 wins is "good enough", but if you predict 3 or 4 and they actually win 7, you are as big of a moron as those that predict the Bills will make the playoffs, as you missed by about the same number of games.

I think we're going to go 2-14. It's nearly impossible to go 16 games and not have the ball bounce your way once or twice.

Just for context, what did you predict at the start of last year?

Aren't the posters (and publications) who guess zero wins, 3-13, etc, just as stupid as, say The Senator with his annual 19-0 prediction?

The same grumpy posters who say they will "be shocked!" if the Bills win 4 games, never post the following year saying how completely off-base they were. Instead they continue to pound away at how the Bills are the worst organization in football, how Ralph is cheap, etc.

No, I'm not saying 7 or 8 wins is "good enough", but if you predict 3 or 4 and they actually win 7, you are as big of a moron as those that predict the Bills will make the playoffs, as you missed by about the same number of games.

Just for context, what did you predict at the start of last year?

5-11

Help yourself. I lost $50 on it cause I bet they wouldn't win more than 5 games.

Already back-peddling? Betting they wouldn't win more than 5 is a bit different than predicting they would go 5-11. Betting on 5 or under seems like something you would do if you predicted the team would go, say, 3-13.

Hilarious how you guys get your panties in a bunch over stuff like this.

He isn't saying the Bills will go winless. He is saying if there's a team that will, it would be us. And it's really a toss-up between us and the Rams.

Until we have an NFL-starting caliber QB on our Roster, stop crying like little bitches when someone makes an observation about our misfortune.

Go Bills.......

Edit: Great comment below the article "To go winless requires a very special kind of ineptitude."

But we had all that last year and won 6 games !!!!!!!!!! The main point is where did we get 4 games worse ???

The entire league is mediocre.....

I think much of the incredible negativity at the national level can be traced to our own local media buddies.

Do we have just 1 local media guy predicting anything more than 3 wins??? They are all like robots singing the same

tune - Buddy Nix was a bad hire - who is Chan Gailey? Why did we draft CJ Soiller? on and on and on...

National guys will always call the local media for their input - thus you get ESPN and Sports Ills claimong 2 win season...

Some of our darling local media really dislikes that their opinion counts even less to the Bills now then it did before and that they've been actively made to look like fools. Since most national sports media lacks an acceptable sourcing standard, you end up with this type of feeding frenzy. The best bet to get this to stop is write to the local media outlets and complain not about the tone of the coverage, but the lack of objective reporting and facts. Demand more actual reporting instead of this 'observational (didn't have to put on pants to write this)' coverage.

!@#$ you very much, Your Belligerence! ;)

A few years back, many - yourself included - used to rebuke my prediction with the response that, "No team will EVER go 19 and 0 - it'll NEVER happen!"

Funny, since the Cheatriettes* went 18 and Doh! and the Saints and Colts subsequently both took a close run at perfect seasons, folks don't seem so adamant :unsure:

(19 and 0 baby!!! :thumbsup: )

Edited by The Senator

!@#$ you very much, Your Belligerence! ;)

A few years back, many - yourself included - used to rebuke my prediction with the response that, "No team will EVER go 19 and 0 - it'll NEVER happen!"

Funny, since the Cheatriettes* went 18 and Doh! and the Saints and Colts subsequently both took a close run at perfect seasons, folks don't seem so adamant :unsure:

(19 and 0 baby!!! :thumbsup: )

Please find me the post where I said "No team will EVER go 19 and 0 - it'll NEVER happen!". I don't remember saying it, it really isn't my style to operate in absolutes, and I don't even believe the statement.

• 2 weeks later...

This is just a throw-away blurb written without any thought or analysis. I love how various media outlets are predicting the Bills to be the worst team in the league. It makes it easier for them to then say that the Bills are a "surprise" team when they go 7-9 or 8-8.

I am begging you to save this thread...........begging

The thread will be proven garbage after one week!

I think much of the incredible negativity at the national level can be traced to our own local media buddies.

Do we have just 1 local media guy predicting anything more than 3 wins??? They are all like robots singing the same

tune - Buddy Nix was a bad hire - who is Chan Gailey? Why did we draft CJ Soiller? on and on and on...

National guys will always call the local media for their input - thus you get ESPN and Sports Ills claimong 2 win season...

+1

They won't. There's no way. The run defense can't be any worse than last year, even with switching to a 3-4.

Add in Spiller, a real O-coordinator (head coach), and take away Jauron: they win 5-6 games I say.

Winless? that's just silly. This team has a good solid core of capable players and could have had a winning season LAST year but for injuries and the coaching soap opera that went on. If nothing else there is a HUGE improvement in game day coaching. Gailey has a track record as a very good on the field coach. That fact alone will win some games. Spiller is looking like a very very good running back with Lynch and Jackson behind him and a good middle of the offensive line we should be relatively scary at running which opens up passing opportunities. The tackles have to play like hell for us to have a winning season, but I for one am assuming they can.

The 3-4? A work in progress, but progress usually means improving as the season goes on.The defensive secondary seems to be pretty darn aggressive resulting in some defensive points off interceptions....The special teams still have Moorman and Lindell and should be good as they develop.

We are as likely to go winless as we are to have a perfect season. Let's get real...we are arguing between 5 and 9 wins with a very surprising result if we get less than 5 or more than 9.

But we had all that last year and won 6 games !!!!!!!!!! The main point is where did we get 4 games worse ???

The entire league is mediocre.....

:ph34r:

Sadly, after initially feeling 100% positive that these doom and gloom media sentiments were ridiculously overblown, it now appears we'll be lucky if we can even make it to winless...

I HATE when people dig up these posts.. It throws the optimism of the season right back in your face. Notice however, you won't find any posts from me declaring a successful season. When Chan announced Trent the starter, I waited quietly for him to fail and boy has he ever.

I HATE when people dig up these posts.. It throws the optimism of the season right back in your face. Notice however, you won't find any posts from me declaring a successful season. When Chan announced Trent the starter, I waited quietly for him to fail and boy has he ever.

Sorry, had to do it :ph34r: . The optimism just stemmed from absolutely no where. There was nothing going into this season that would make a person think we would win more than a game or two. Blind optimism drives me insane. That's likely because I'm a curmudgeonly 70 year old man trapped in a 30 year old body, but I digress.