Winless?

Alaska Darin

Sorry, had to do it :ph34r: . The optimism just stemmed from absolutely no where. There was nothing going into this season that would make a person think we would win more than a game or two. Blind optimism drives me insane. That's likely because I'm a curmudgeonly 70 year old man trapped in a 30 year old body, but I digress.

Hahaha.. fair enough.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I HATE when people dig up these posts.. It throws the optimism of the season right back in your face. Notice however, you won't find any posts from me declaring a successful season. When Chan announced Trent the starter, I waited quietly for him to fail and boy has he ever.

I understand completely how you feel, of course, because I was as optimistic as anyone. Strangely (and perhaps perversely) approximately one hour after the game I started to feel optimistic about next week at New England. I mean, the Pats didn't look that great and...

I just don't understand the sentiment behind these ridiculous opinions. Bad QBs, bad tackles, no passing game, not much of a pass rush from the edges, we had ALL THESE SAME PROBLEMS last year and we went 6-10. Why would the team suddenly regress by 6 wins?

New coach, new schemes including a 3-4 defense when we are obviously geared for a tampa 2 as far as personnel goes, and no TO to make any kind of plays over the middle (he was still our most productive receiver last year).

Sounds like about a 6 games regression to me.

New coach, new schemes including a 3-4 defense when we are obviously geared for a tampa 2 as far as personnel goes, and no TO to make any kind of plays over the middle (he was still our most productive receiver last year).

Sounds like about a 6 games regression to me.

It certainly sounds a lot like the team that regressed from 8-8 and barely missed the playoffs in 2000 to 3-13 in 2001. The roster remained largely the same, however: completely transforming the defensive scheme, losing veteran playmakers on both offense and defense, a group of unimpressive QBs, new coaching staff and front office personnel, etc. Hopefully this time the rebound will be monitored more competently.

Edited by Punch