up grades at QB position

KRT88

Hey, look! It's a week before the opener.

Let's cut our Offensive Coordinator.

Nah, we did that last year.

Okay, yeah, I know... let get us a new QB - someone who we don't know and who doesn't know our system.

But he's got to be an upgrade over what we got - because he was a third stringer on another team and they shxt canned him.

Sweet!

:worthy: +500

GAME OVER !

~AS

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, look! It's a week before the opener.

Let's cut our Offensive Coordinator.

Nah, we did that last year.

Okay, yeah, I know... let get us a new QB - someone who we don't know and who doesn't know our system.

But he's got to be an upgrade over what we got - because he was a third stringer on another team and they shxt canned him.

Sweet!

Yeah but dude, he was AWESOME in college!!!!

:wallbash:

I was going to respond, but this Edwards conversation has been SOOO beat to death. If he does well, he'll play. If he doesn't, Chan has no loyalty and the revolving door will spin.

I'm enjoying this board because some of y'all manage to say succinctly in one sentence what it takes me three paragraphs to reason out

Educational

You're QB upgrade comes next April when we use a first round pick on our "franchise QB".we are in the same boat as the year before we took JIM KELLY ,we are playing a bunch of stiffs at QB (REMEMBER MATT KOFLER?} We just have to suck it up again and hope they find the right guy next spring.

You're QB upgrade comes next April when we use a first round pick on our "franchise QB".we are in the same boat as the year before we took JIM KELLY ,we are playing a bunch of stiffs at QB (REMEMBER MATT KOFLER?} We just have to suck it up again and hope they find the right guy next spring.

Fergy was the QB when Kelly was drafted.

I think Chan Gailey's plan was this: We have 3 serviceable but unspectacular QBs on this team. While there is clearly a need for a high caliber player at the position, there are also a lot of other needs on this team. Gailey decided to focus on revamping the defense and building a solid running game this year. Then next year when he drafts one of the many great QB prospects that will be in the 2011 draft, the incoming guy will be able to enjoy the benefit of being on a team that has a strong running game and a more experienced offensive line. Adding a dynamic player like Spiller will do more for this team in 2010 than putting a rookie QB on the field with a still developing offensive line trying to make up points when the still adjusting defense allows too many points. After this season, an incoming QB will be in a much better position to succeed. It is entirely possible for this team to be fairly good without strong QB play by running the ball down the other team's throat. I also think that the QB class of 2011 is a lot more attractive than the class of 2010. The only really sure thing QB went #1 overall and was never a possibility for the Bills. Clausen may turn out to be good but is more of a project and would have probably had a rough time on the current Bills roster. Tebow, I believe, is not a good fit for the NFL and has already hurt himself once in the preseason with his college style scramble play. McCoy is over-rated and was passed on by every team in the NFL twice before he got drafted. I have been overall unimpressed with the performance of Texas Longhorn players in the NFL (Mike Williams for one).

I think Chan Gailey's plan was this: We have 3 serviceable but unspectacular QBs on this team. While there is clearly a need for a high caliber player at the position, there are also a lot of other needs on this team. Gailey decided to focus on revamping the defense and building a solid running game this year. Then next year when he drafts one of the many great QB prospects that will be in the 2011 draft, the incoming guy will be able to enjoy the benefit of being on a team that has a strong running game and a more experienced offensive line. Adding a dynamic player like Spiller will do more for this team in 2010 than putting a rookie QB on the field with a still developing offensive line trying to make up points when the still adjusting defense allows too many points. After this season, an incoming QB will be in a much better position to succeed. It is entirely possible for this team to be fairly good without strong QB play by running the ball down the other team's throat. I also think that the QB class of 2011 is a lot more attractive than the class of 2010. The only really sure thing QB went #1 overall and was never a possibility for the Bills. Clausen may turn out to be good but is more of a project and would have probably had a rough time on the current Bills roster. Tebow, I believe, is not a good fit for the NFL and has already hurt himself once in the preseason with his college style scramble play. McCoy is over-rated and was passed on by every team in the NFL twice before he got drafted. I have been overall unimpressed with the performance of Texas Longhorn players in the NFL (Mike Williams for one).

This! :thumbsup:

Spiller was a marketing pick for fans that have suffered through three 7-9 seasons followed by a 6-10 record last year. Is was excitement pick or something to make the drive to Orchard Park a little easier. That's fine and maybe we will draft a QB next year, but unless whoever is at QB has some protection, we will likely not see much improved play. With injuries and inexperience, the Bills OL could sure use some help.

Are we to believe that the team brass is OK with the 3 QB on the roster? Brian Brohm obviously isn't the answer and we know that Friz is a career backup. Wouldn't it make sense to release Brohm and pick up Troy Smith. The guy is an upgrade and if thing go south with Edwards, we have something different to try before we pick 1st overall.

Troy Smith is defiantly not the answer. Just another gimmick quarterback who can never be a successful full time starter.

Spiller was a marketing pick for fans that have suffered through three 7-9 seasons followed by a 6-10 record last year. Is was excitement pick or something to make the drive to Orchard Park a little easier.

Completely ridiculous.

The time to upgrade was months ago. The Bills Front Office has clearly decided not to upgrade. I would like to think that maybe they think TE can be that quality starting NFL QB. I have my doubts but he has looked good during preseason. For now, we are going to have to see how TE does. I think we pretty much know what we have in Fitz. BB seems to be a long shot at best. If things don't work out, the time to upgrade will be next year.

Good way to ensure they have their pick of the top college QBs next year! :thumbsup:

Smith showed the Ravens nothing. Why would you consider him better than Brohm?

Errr...because Brohm has showed us nothing as well.

I disagree with both the question and the conclusion of your post. But I understand you may have seen little in Brohm's performance. (You seem neither very observant or intelligent based on the bulk of your posts.)

Why the insults? Quite frankly, your work around here seems less than steller despite thousands upon thousands of posts. Two can play the insult game. LOL.

Seriously, I think even you can get my point here - that virtually anyone dragged onto the field would be "as good" at the QB position as we have today. Just so you get it, that is hardly a ringing endorsement.

Spiller was a marketing pick for fans that have suffered through three 7-9 seasons followed by a 6-10 record last year. Is was excitement pick or something to make the drive to Orchard Park a little easier. That's fine and maybe we will draft a QB next year, but unless whoever is at QB has some protection, we will likely not see much improved play. With injuries and inexperience, the Bills OL could sure use some help.

You gotta be joking with this. You don't go with a first round pick for marketing, that's what free agency is for. That's what bringing in T.O. was.

Seriously, I think even you can get my point here - that virtually anyone dragged onto the field would be "as good" at the QB position as we have today. Just so you get it, that is hardly a ringing endorsement.

Let's for a second say this is correct (I don't believe it is). Why just change guys, particularly QBs, at this point in time? If the guy isn't likely to be better, he comes in with no knowledge of the playbook, missing all the time working with the WRs, etc. It's a moronic way to do business.

I think you are either seriously stupid (yes, again with the insults) and/or just like to say negative stupid things on a message board. I'm fairly sure it's the second thing and have a hunch it's both.