Would you rather go 7-9 or 1-14?

beggar13

I don't think anyone that's a real Bills fan would want them to go 1-15. It's just ridiculous. I'm standing by my prediction of 10-6 this year. I believe we'll win more than 1 of the last 6 games based on your list.. I also think we will finally split with the Pats this year. Then again I'm always optimistic.

At the beginning of the season, no fan wants 1-15. It's in December when the team is bad when I start thinking about the bad record. If they're 5-5, I'm looking to go 11-5, not 5-11. but if we're 1-10, I'd rather lose out & get the top pick than see them go 5-11 & miss out but still suck.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sick of losing. I'm sick of last minute close losses to Tony Romo. I'm sick of losing the battle of lake erie to Cleveland. I'm sick of losing to the Patriots for so long it pre-dates the existence of a whole generation. I'm sick of a decade of analysts laughing at us, literally, on national TV. I'm sick of being told by everyone (I'm no longer in Western NY) how bad we are. I'm sick of our players not making the top 100 of fantasy draft players.

I'd give up a first round pick for a playoff run. I want to win and enjoy the hell out of watching it happen. I can't wait to say "GO BILLS!" again with my pride intact.

At least I know I'm safe here "GO BILLS!" and God Bless Western NY - 7 and 9....more if it were an option.

At the beginning of the season, no fan wants 1-15. It's in December when the team is bad when I start thinking about the bad record. If they're 5-5, I'm looking to go 11-5, not 5-11. but if we're 1-10, I'd rather lose out & get the top pick than see them go 5-11 & miss out but still suck.

That's exactly what I was going to say before I read your reply. I had no hope after the Washington game. I have much hope now and am willing to see how far they can go into the season while keeping things interesting. This quite simply is the best time of the year, and I am going to enjoy every second of it as much as possible.

Winning is better than losing. Also, I early first round pick does not guarantee a superstar QB(or an player for that matter). There has been more misses that hits on first round QB in the last several years. Many of what most of us consider Franchise QB's did not come in the early first round (with the excpection of Payton..there is always an exception).

1st round QBS:

Bradford (jury is still out)

Tebow (Hurt in first game as predicted)

Stafford (jury still out) He has not yet turn Detriot into a conender.

Sanchez (jury still out) Although the New Jersey Jets are Super Bowl Bound

Freeman (who???)

Ryan (Decent, not quite a franchise QB)

Flacco(Decent, not quite a franchise QB)

Russell (#1 pick to Raiders and out of football)

Quinn (back-up QB material

Young (not a franchise QB)

Culter (an interception machine)

I'd hope for us to go 7-9 or do as well as we possibly can then have the nerve in the offseason to make the moves necessary to take it to the next level. If that means trading up to get a top QB in the draft (which it might) so be it. As the Jets have shown you don't have to spend years at 1-15 etc to rebuid into a winner. I think it is far better to see a 7-9 team, realize Nix was right that this isn't as much of a rebuild as the Chargers were, and go from there, having to fill holes not rebuild an entire roster.

im sorry but in all honesty do we really think that we're even gonna get to 7-9?? i mean i'm all for rooting my team on and will continue to sit there every sunday and cheer them on but c'mon now, something has got to be said about being a realist in a situation like this. I think that in a few years Buddy Nix will have this team in a position to compete but right now i think that even 7 wins is a little farfetched. as to the idea of losing out for a high draft pick? I don't see how you can call yourself a fan if you are gonna root for your own team to lose. even though its impossible to win every game, true fans are there rooting them on to win every single one

To all those who want to lose lots of games, I would like to offer a different perspective. Yes, you get a high draft pick, but you also become less attractive to free agents. Free agents want to go somewhere where they are trending up, not hitting bottom.

Not only that, since draft picks are a crap-shoot, a high draft pick that doesn't work out can hamstring a franchise for a long time. Take Mike Williams for example. He should have been a cornerstone, but he's just a wasted pick for us.

I'll take 7 wins, thanks.

I think we are headed for another seven and nine season and I just don't know how I feel about that.

09/12 MIAMI DOLPHINS WIN

09/19 @ Green Bay Packers LOSS

09/26 @ New England Patriots LOSS

10/03 NEW YORK JETS WIN

10/10 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS WIN

10/17 BYE

10/24 @ Baltimore Ravens LOSS

10/31 @ Kansas City Chiefs WIN

11/07 CHICAGO BEARS (Toronto) WIN

11/14 DETROIT LIONS WIN

11/21 @ Cincinnati Bengals LOSS

11/28 PITTSBURGH STEELERS LOSS

12/05 @ Minnesota Vikings LOSS

12/12 CLEVELAND BROWNS WIN

12/19 @ Miami Dolphins LOSS

12/26 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS LOSS

01/02 @ New York Jets LOSS

On a previous post, I commented that I would like to see us go 1-15 and take a QB. Since that time we have seen the offense look good against the Colts and Cinci. Even if we are going to be better that most "experts" are predicting, is another 7-9 season better than a 1-15? Right now I really don't know which I would prefer, which is why I thought I would post the question and get your thoughts.

OK, I can't type this early in the day. 1-15 is what the subject line should say.

Stafford (jury still out) He has not yet turn Detriot into a conender.

In all these year?

Ryan (Decent, not quite a franchise QB)

Flacco(Decent, not quite a franchise QB)

Ryan isn't bad and has a lot of what it takes to be a very good NFL quarterback. Flacco is maybe one quality deep threat away from being one of the top QBs in the game. Stallworth (injured again; what a shock) ain't it.

I dont know if the record is the most important. I just want to see a focused direction and continuous improvement. As long as we improve throughout the season and appear even slightly organized, I think they can worry about a QB next season if that's what needs to be addressed. No reason we cant trade up if needed

Football isn't chess. Sometimes we make it more complicated than it needs to be.

Take a win, always.

Take the ball, always.

Root for ALL the Bills, always.

Celebrate the New Year on September 1, always.

Football, the best season of the year, always.

So far Trent Edwards has shown me this preseason what I already knew...that given a decent game plan and scheme along with adequate protection and playcalling he can get the job done. I've gotten flamed and roasted for stating that in eariler posts, this time I might be spared the barbs from the Trent haters because he has played well, much to their chagrin.

Should the Bills go 1-15 and then draft a QB that will take 4 years to develop... then find out they drafted another Matt Leinart.

The Bills will be bad this year record wise... but it will be because they still have 2 crap O tackles, need an upgrade at tight end and center and have a bad defense that is still learning to run the 3-4.

The Bills offense will be better stat wise because of a loaded backfield and better scheme, play calling and overall offense

If trent is better because of those things that you mentioned, doesn't that mean those players are better than you expect too. I can't see how trent gets better because he has adequate protection, but the tackles and center suck.

im sorry but in all honesty do we really think that we're even gonna get to 7-9?? i mean i'm all for rooting my team on and will continue to sit there every sunday and cheer them on but c'mon now, something has got to be said about being a realist in a situation like this. I think that in a few years Buddy Nix will have this team in a position to compete but right now i think that even 7 wins is a little farfetched. as to the idea of losing out for a high draft pick? I don't see how you can call yourself a fan if you are gonna root for your own team to lose. even though its impossible to win every game, true fans are there rooting them on to win every single one

That is certainly your opinion. But one I don't share. I say we winn AT LEAST 7 games. all you realists are really just "cautionists" (yea, i started a new word) I think a lot of you are just afraid to be wrong about our team, yet again. I get that and don't really blame you. But all of us here see things differently. But i for one, and there will be a little luck involved, but I do believe we will be better than a good share of you believe.

Football isn't chess. Sometimes we make it more complicated than it needs to be.

Take a win, always.

Take the ball, always.

Root for ALL the Bills, always.

Celebrate the New Year on September 1, always.

Football, the best season of the year, always.

Football is a lot more complicated than chess.

Late possessions are at a premium. Force the opponent to lose one by defferring (or you start with a take away) and take the ball in the second half

Football is a lot more complicated than chess.

Late possessions are at a premium. Force the opponent to lose one by defferring (or you start with a take away) and take the ball in the second half

I wasn't trying to minimize football, but more complex than chess? No.

Late game possessions are no more valuable than early game possessions. Get the ball, get the lead, and late game possessions mean less. If you're not better than the other guys, you don't win. Late game possessions seem more important to nerve-wracked fans who want to see their team win. If the pros aren't valuing each possession as if it's their last, they'll lose.

Fans are constantly on the back of players who "take plays off", the idea that late game possessions are more important seems to condone the team taking whole series off.

The chess thing is moot. There aren't too many people experienced enough at both to get a thoughtful comparison.

I definitely disagree about the possession thing.

Fair enough prediction, Conch. If you put a gun to my head, I'd probably say 6-10 as well. But remember that football games aren't decided on paper.

That's right. They're decided by a group of armchair GMs staring at a computer screen. Get with the program.