Edwards eyes

bmur66

re-watch the roscoe TD buddy. youtube.com/watch?v=Pzmm3lN2EUg start it at the 1:30 mark. Not to mention many other plays where he does.

Yea sometimes he locks on, sometimes all qbs do.

Maybe Trent should borrow the shades Roscoe's wearin in this vid!

Anyone else notice that he is watching his reciever the whole time? I don't think I saw him try to look off a defender once during the Cincy game. Preseason is one thing but when it means something he will be picked off so easily.

I did see it on one play, but outside of one, I didn't see it happen too much vs the Bengals.

I've been watching Trent's eyes a bit too. Actually I think he has improved in this regard. I see him checking multiple options.

There were a couple times I noticed him focusing on one receiver, but in those cases it was because he was patiently waiting for the receiver to come free. This was the case with the Parrish TD catch. If you watch that play closely, you see Trent spot Roscoe, then wait a beat for his route (and the passing lane) to develop. I think it takes some poise (and balls and field vision) to do that.

I've been very critical of Trent the last couple years. But so far this preseason, I've seen very positive signs. I think he is improving. He looks comfortable in the pocket (watch as he instinctively steps up to avoid the rush from the outside) and is hitting receivers in stride. I think a big part of it is better play calling and play design, but Trent looks like a real NFL QB to me right now.

(Just my, admittedly amateur, opinion)

Well I tell you what then, some of you folks must have great eye sight, more camera angles then I do,

or are just plain full of it.

So are you trying to tell me you don't think the Bengals starters are looking to pick off the football just because its preseason?

I noticed a few plays where he definitely locked on to a receiver. For the most part, the Bengals DBs had their back turned.

Yes, I do have great eyesight and I have been told that I am full of it more than once. I am just saying every play that I was paying attention too he was locked on his reciever. Just sharing my observations

Just a thought, but maybe you should pay attention more? :)

According to Chan he was getting to his third receiver, so I doubt he was staring down his primary receiver. Also, I have watched the other QB's we have have played, they would appear to be doing the same.

This has been one area of criticism for Trent over the past year and half. However, I noticed him on a few different occassions looking to his second and third option, so it's a bit wierd that someone happened to see something totally different than I did in this particular game.

Actually, it's not wierd at all now that I think about it.

According to Chan he was getting to his third receiver, so I doubt he was staring down his primary receiver. Also, I have watched the other QB's we have have played, they would appear to be doing the same.

The third receiver, yeah the checkdown receiver. So that is absolutly correct he is not staring down his primary receiver.

It must go primary, tight end, checkdown in Trents head.