Are you drafting Spiller in for your fantasy team?

beggar13

I'd take him as my third back...but not ahead of 2 RBs, 1-2 QBs and a quality WR. So I guess that puts him at about the 6th-7th round for me. For the most part, I hate drafting Bills anyway (even the good ones).

Edited by MattyT

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took him in round 6

1. (10) Ryan Mathews RB

2. (15) Ryan Grant RB

3. (34) Chad Ochocinco WR

4. (39) Jermichael Finley TE

5. (58) Matt Ryan QB

6. (63) C.J. Spiller RB

7. (82) San Francisco DEF

8. (87) Lee Evans WR

9. (106) Jerome Harrison RB

10. (111) Devery Henderson WR

11. (130) Nate Washington WR

12. (135) Mike Williams WR

13. (154) Louis Murphy WR

14. (159) Rashad Jennings RB

15. (178) Todd Heap TE

16. (183) Trent Edwards QB

17. (202) Ryan Succop K

Here is how it went for me. Spiller got it taken 3 picks before me in teh 5th round. I was peeved!

HoT DawgZ

1. Adrian Peterson

2. Jamaal Charles

3. Randy Moss

4. Brandon Marshall

5. Beanie Wells

6. Vernon Davis

7. Kevin Kolb

8. Minnesota

9. Mike Sims-Walker

10. Matt Forte

11. Matt Ryan

12. Steve Breaston

13. Chris Cooley

14. Eddie Royal

15. Philadelphia

16. Sebastian Janikowski

I am blown away Gore fell to fourteen!! Who the hell was going before him? I think he's rated as the fifth best RB in pretty much any publication you look at. Very rarely I have seen Turner ranked higher than him. Do you remember who went before him?

(2) Johnson

(3) Peterson

(4) Rice

(5) Drew

(6) Turner

(12)Felix Jones - Cowboys Fan ;)

My draft is tomorrow, and I have the #10 pick in a 10-team league. I'm thinking of taking him in the 4th round on the snake, because I worry that he won't be there by end of 5th.

Spiller is becoming a popular pick, but that is way too early. The 5/6 turn is the right spot to take him if you have your heart set on him.

Edited by KD in CT

Why would you draft players from all three AFC East teams? How can you possibly root for those guys to do well?

My number one rule is to never draft a player from a rival team.

I drafted Wes Welker in the 3rd round of a 12 team PPR league last year. I won the league (title game in week 16) in no small part due to him. The Bills, or any team for that matter, are not going to pitch a shutout each week. It's not a matter of rooting for other players against your team. It's about matchups. I had Fred Jackson last year, so that week 1 Monday Night Football game was full of fantasy goodness for me. I still can't believe the Bills lost that doggone game.

Fantasy football, if you are playing for money, is a high risk, high reward investment(it's fun too, but you get the idea). Rooting for the Bills is seperate from that (although since 2000 it's been some serious hard work).

As far as Spiller goes, I think Fred Jackson is too consistent a player for the coaching staff to keep on the bench. He'll get used. I'm thinking Spiller will get at most 15 touches in a game, and that includes kick returns. If I can get Spiller late in round 7 or later, then it's ok, but not as a #2 rb even in PPR.

I'd still rather have Jackson in round 9 at this point.

I'm in one keeper league, standard scoring, but with only 13 roster spots. I couldn't attend the live draft, and for some crazy reason Spiller wasn't drafted. I immediately picked him up off the waiver wire. I also drafted in a 12 team PPR league. Spiller went in the 6th round to a guy who already had 3 running backs. I'm offering TJ Housh to that guy for Spiller, since my running back "stable" consists of D. Williams, A. Bradshaw, T. Hightower, D. Brown, and J. Snelling. That would make Spiller my #2 back, but that particular team I feel is good at wr, qb, and te. One guy who couldn't attend the draft autopicked Jackson before he got to me in the later rounds.

Did anyone ask me about my fantasy team?

Lee Evans looks like a nice pick in round 10 or later. He is the Bills passing game... when Edwards doesn't check down (I care little about preseason results so far).

Fantasy best wishes to all.

Romo/Rivers tiebreaker should be rooting for Dallas or San Diego. how ya feel about Dallas? maybe you're more objective than I am.

Sweet lineup! thx

Actually, the tie breaker for me ended up being that River's best receiver is a holdout. I live two hours from Dallas, so I can promise you I hate them as much as anyone. You wouldn't believe the crap my 14 year old son hears when he wears his Bills gear to school.

Actually, the tie breaker for me ended up being that River's best receiver is a holdout. I live two hours from Dallas, so I can promise you I hate them as much as anyone. You wouldn't believe the crap my 14 year old son hears when he wears his Bills gear to school.

hear ya. Romo has plenty of targets this yr. and proximity is a benfit, you can follow the team news easily, sometimes not by choice. I just cant stand Dallas.

I give your son credit for being a Bills fan in TX, esp in this decade.

Spiller's Average Draft Position (ADP) was around 70 but has jumped to ab0ut 55-60 in the past few weeks.

If you are in a PPR and are getting some points for individual PR/KR yards, He will easily put up some points. A perfect 'flex' option.

In my league, I created what is called the Rookie Flex position in my line-up. It is a RB/WR/TE Flex position that must be filled by a Rookie each week. As you can see, Spillers' value is great in my set-up.

We had our draft this past Sunday. I think I could have gotten him in the sixth round (I was pick #7 in a 12 man draft), but after his performance on Saturday night, I didn't want to risk not getting him and took him in the fifth round. I also picked up Lee Evans in the 11th round. Those are the only two Bills that made my roster. Fred Jackson went in the top of the eight, and Lynch went in the bottom of the 15th. That's the only Bills that got drafted. If Edwards keeps targeting Parrish and he is returning punts and kicks, I might pick him up as a bench player at some point.

Anyway, would you pick Spiller, and if so, what round would you target him?

Any other Bills you would pick up? This is how my draft went:

1. (7) Andre Johnson

2. (18) Shonn Greene

3. (31) Miles Austin

4. (42) Tony Romo

5. (55) C.J. Spiller

6. (66) Brent Celek

7. (79) Ricky Williams

8. (90) Ben Tate

9. (103) Laurence Maroney

10. (114) Pittsburgh

11. (127) Lee Evans

12. (138) Willis McGahee

13. (151) Rob Bironas

14. (162) Devin Hester

15. (175) Toby Gerhart

16. (186) Mark Sanchez

17. (199) Mike Bell

I am weak the the RB position, but have the best WR corps in the league. Drafting in the middle of the pack is the worst. I don't expect much out of this season which is why I decided to try the WR approach to see how it works out. In such a pass happy league, I figured it was worth a shot. And yes, I screwed the pooch with my Ben Tate pick. I was not aware at the time that he was out for the season.

Lastly, in every scenario and mock draft I ran, I never had Shonn Greene. I was always able to pull Manning with my second pick. That didn't work out and I had to scramble quick. I don't know much about the kid except man are calling for him to be a bust. We'll see. It's a win, win either way I guess.

I would have, but someone beat me to it in the 6th round of a 10 team league