Philly writer complaining about Eagles O-line

I'm shocked...shocked and stunned...very stunned.

As a three-time Pro Bowl selection, Peters would seem to be the guy to look to in times of adversity. Instead, he's been the worst offender. He doesn't have an excuse of injury for some of his issues during the preseason. You don't expect a player of his ability and stature to have the lapses of concentration and discipline Peters has displayed.

Any player who quits on a team over money is not worth a nickel.

PTR

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm "over" the whole Peters thing, but reports like this do make me happy because they prove and reinforce what I always said back then. Any player who quits over money is also going to quit/fall apart once he gets that money.

The reason Peters looked so good when he was with the Bills was because he had something to prove. Take that away and he's just a lazy, selfish, fat-ass.

I'm "over" the whole Peters thing, but reports like this do make me happy because they prove and reinforce what I always said back then. Any player who quits over money is also going to quit/fall apart once he gets that money.

The reason Peters looked so good when he was with the Bills was because he had something to prove. Take that away and he's just a lazy, selfish, fat-ass.

Giving fat, guys who struggle to get motivated is a recipe for disaster. Look at Haynesworth's career before his contract year. He was very average. Also, Andre Smith in Cincy.

Don't worry. Thurman #1 will be here to provide them all. Saint Jason doesn't fail. Those around him fail him.

I would do the Peters trade every single time.

We couldn't have done better if we held the Eagles up at gunpoint. And for anyone who suggests the Bills didn't adequately replace Peters, even if we did pay him you can see the kind of effort he'd give, so we'd still need an LT anyway...except we'd be paying $10+M a year for nothing.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

We couldn't have done better if we held the Eagles up at gunpoint. And for anyone who suggests the Bills didn't adequately replace Peters, even if we did pay him you can see the kind of effort he'd give, so we'd still need an LT anyway...except we'd be paying $10+M a year for nothing.

PTR

Agreed. Obviously, our plan to replace Peters was shaky at best (still have hope for Maybin and Bell but Oher would be a nice foundation) but we made the best out of a bad situation. Also, the Willis trade was another good one for us since the guy is a backup.

Interesting comment on Peters. He has apparently been made lazy by all those bucks.

Who'd have thought?

I thought he was given too much money to begin with.

Funny thing is, he has enough money to kiss the whole thing off.

Who needs football?

(we do)

I live in the Philly area. Writers, radio guys...etc were on him all last year for being lazy, unmotivated and really just not playing well. They are not happy with his play right now. Not my opinion but what I hear and read locally.

B E A T I N G A D E A D H O R S E

Are you and The Senator having a beer over this?

Maybe. :rolleyes:

But you'd think someone in the media would come out and say "Gee...maybe the Bills did the right thing?"

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Given the nature and the risks of this game, I'm usually supportive of players who are playing at a high level and who seek to have their contracts re-negotiated based on their play. But these losers who get the massive contracts and then mail it in from there are total losers. I'd want the big money for my play too, but once I had it and I didn't have to worry about it anymore, I'd be balls to the wall every day trying to continue earning that money. How anyone can take MILLIONS from a team/company/etc and not feel obligated to go out there and give their best is just unfathomable to me. I know it happens, and it happens a lot....but wow, that's just not in my wiring I guess.

Interesting comment on Peters. He has apparently been made lazy by all those bucks.

Who'd have thought?

I thought he was given too much money to begin with.

Funny thing is, he has enough money to kiss the whole thing off.

Who needs football?

(we do)

In a way, I can't blame him. He was a tight end who got moved to OT because of his potential skills. Oline is so important but it is not a fun position to play. Peters worked really hard to get to a point where he made himself a pro bowl LT (his first one was the only legit one), wanted to get a huge payday, got it, and now is very content.

He lost his motivation of being a UDFA just trying to stay in the league.

In a way, I can't blame him. He was a tight end who got moved to OT because of his potential skills. Oline is so important but it is not a fun position to play. Peters worked really hard to get to a point where he made himself a pro bowl LT (his first one was the only legit one), wanted to get a huge payday, got it, and now is very content.

He lost his motivation of being a UDFA just trying to stay in the league.

He lost his motivation because he took the cash and ran.