Have ever you hated a player in the NFL?

Another vote for the 1972 Dolphins. Especially celebrating every year after the last undefeated team well, becomes defeated. Haha.

No franchise, team, coach or mediocre franchise restaurants celebrate such an irrelevant accomplishment for so long. I wish somebody would go undefeated just to make them go away.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

o.j. mcduffie- that stupid spin the ball after every first down pissed me off to no end.

wes welker

used to hate sam madison when he was w/ the fins

brock marion

tom brady

michael irvin

jay novacek- not because he was an ass/whatever, he just always seemed to be open whenever dallas played us

rodney harrison

... more to come later

Well, just once, but it was a long time ago, back when we were both in college. It was a crazy time, we were so young, so many people were trying to find themselves,

experimenting with new lifestyles.....uhoh, wait.....you mean "hated" not "dated"!?....whoops :blush:

i know they are not players, everyone stated good ones, but i hate walt coleman and phil luckett. two officials who really screwed the bills!

Coleman I can understand...he was the referee in the Just Give It To Them game...add Terry MacAuley to that one...he was the official who threw a flag on Henry Jones on the Hail Mary in that game

Luckett I don't get, though...it's true he was the referee for Homerun Throwforward, but in all honesty, the camera angles were not definitive enough to allow him to overturn the call...he couldn't have overturned it even if a flag was thrown, either. The real official at fault for that play was Side Judge Byron Boston (father of Bucs WR David Boston) who, as the replays show, was behind the play by 5 yards when it happened. Had he been in the proper position, a flag would have likely been thrown and we would've won the game. Luckett's not at fault for that one...only Byron Boston

I would have to say Cox or any Dolphin player, coach, fan or relative to anyone who even associates themselves with any of those.

Same goes for the Pats and Jets.

I really hated Ronnie Harmon for the longest time but looking back, maybe that drop opened the doors to what followed the next handful of years.

I didn't hate Flutie but I did really dislike the guy. I personally think he was responsible for dividing the locker room with those teams in the late 90's and being an indirect cause to such great players leaving on sour notes, such as Bruce and Thurman, with a bunch of others mixed in there. There was definitely some potential with those teams and everyone loves to blame RJ but I think it went a lot deeper than just the QB controversy. I just don't think Flutie was a team player and caused a lot of unnecessary strife among teammates. Just my opinion.

Well if Flutie divided the locker room, the half that went with him were right.

did you ever stop to think that maybe your wife is simply THAT stunning? should take it as a compliment :thumbsup:

I don't mind that he tried to pick up my wife. I DO mind that he was having dinner with his family, and left the table to invite her up to his hotel room.

I remember that game. I believe it was against Tampa. Cowart had a sack on first down, second down, third down, then Tampa punted. And Cowart was never the same after that cheapshot

He did force a three-and-out practically by himself, but I think it was only one sack. And one running play he completely blew up for a loss. And one other pass play he got into the backfield on and completely blew up. As a middle linebacker, no less.

That was one of the most spectacular games I've ever seen from a linebacker (Lawrence Taylor included), up to the point he had his knee shredded.

I think it's kinda weird to hate any player that you haven't had a personal dealing with. I've never hated any man just because he played for another team and was either (a) good, (b) seemed like a dick or © both. I've never really met any pro athletes so I have no idea. I think Bryan Cox qualifies though since he basically said "F YOU" to everyone in person.

At ND, I came across Anthony Fasano more than a few times and he is a straight-up rooster. Can't really say one nice thing about him. So, yeah I guess I hate that dude.

On the other hand, I was real close with Justin Tuck. He is one of the nicest, most genuine people you will meet. Easy to root for him.

I have no use for dirty players though. Middleton, Harrison, Wilfork, etc. F them (especially Middleton and Wilfork). I believe in addition to what he did to Cowart, Middleton was also the genius who blasted Barret Robbins after he went AWOL before the Super Bowl. Sweet teammate...

Edited by bartshan-83

Under the true definition of hatred, I would have to say the entire Dallas Cowboys offensive line in the 1970s, because of the way they would get into their three-point stance during the snap count -- hands on knees, then quickly stand up straight and bend over into the stance. This elicited feelings of :censored: hatred every time I saw it!

Gotta give props to the OP for this great topic! :beer:

Another vote for the 1972 Dolphins. Especially celebrating every year after the last undefeated team well, becomes defeated. Haha.

No franchise, team, coach or mediocre franchise restaurants celebrate such an irrelevant accomplishment for so long. I wish somebody would go undefeated just to make them go away.

I actually hoped the Pats would win the SB just for that reason.

Under the true definition of hatred, I would have to say the entire Dallas Cowboys offensive line in the 1970s, because of the way they would get into their three-point stance during the snap count -- hands on knees, then quickly stand up straight and bend over into the stance. This elicited feelings of :censored: hatred every time I saw it!

Gotta give props to the OP for this great topic! :beer:

That had a name. I think they would also move a step to the left or right. Pat Summeral would know, I just can't think of it.

Coleman I can understand...he was the referee in the Just Give It To Them game...add Terry MacAuley to that one...he was the official who threw a flag on Henry Jones on the Hail Mary in that game

Luckett I don't get, though...it's true he was the referee for Homerun Throwforward, but in all honesty, the camera angles were not definitive enough to allow him to overturn the call...he couldn't have overturned it even if a flag was thrown, either. The real official at fault for that play was Side Judge Byron Boston (father of Bucs WR David Boston) who, as the replays show, was behind the play by 5 yards when it happened. Had he been in the proper position, a flag would have likely been thrown and we would've won the game. Luckett's not at fault for that one...only Byron Boston

i appreciate your comments. i agree about boston being out of position, but luckett was the referee and i am not sure what the replays rules were back then, as far as overturning a play with no flags, i am quite sure you are right however. the game was just so painful that reality got in the way of emotion and feel we were royally screwed. i am quite sure if it happened today, the result would not change as the officiating seems to have gotten even worse with each year.

I hate no player more than Emmitt Smith. He is the most overrated RB of all time, and the way he hung around as the Cardinals 2nd string RB only until he Broke Walter Payton's record and *then* retired made me want to puke my !@#$ing guts out.

He broke Payton's record while with the Cowboys in the game vs. Seattle...

He broke Payton's record while with the Cowboys in the game vs. Seattle...

I stand corrected....can a person undo voodoo magic?? =OSeriously though the guy still makes me sick. He should never be mentioned in the same sentence as Walter Payton, except in the singular situation where the speaker is stating "Emmitt Smith was no where near the player that Walter Payton was" or something of that ilk.

Edited by SouthGeorgiaBillsFan