So, When Do We Get a New Stadium? *****

Dr. Zaius

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Long overdue & the key to keeping the team in Western New York. A way needs to be found to get this done. I don't care if it's built in Niagara, just build the darn thing. Thoughts?

It's a ways off, IMO.

New owners may demand it. If so, then so be it. But the Ralph is fine for the moment. Still a great place to watch the game.

And this gets discussed about 20 times a year, but typically in the winter. One would think there are more interesting and immediate topics to discuss at the moment. But, hey, that's me.

Say what you want but it HAS TO BE A DOME, you can't leave a stadium sit empty for 6 months per year. The tax payers will never go for an open air stadium.

Conventions, Bowl games, concerts make millions and you can fill the place January-August!

At least a retractable roof. Has nothing to do with being a tough Bills fan, its simple economics........

Edited by DIE HARD 1967

The Rodgers Stadium looks new.... :rolleyes:

The Ralph is paid for, and Tax dollars are spent to upgrade it yearly. We have dicussed this severeal times, this is one of the reasons the bills are able to compete in a small market.

I would love a new stadium but I don't see it happening for a while even if we get a owner that keeps the team here in WNY.

I love the winter games outside, but you have to pay for the place!

I would be fine with a retractable dome, with the provision that it is NEVER closed for a Bills game. In the extremely unlikely event there is a Super Bowl played in WNY, then the dome can be closed.

Green Bay doesn't have a stinking dome. 'nuff said

Bills don't NEED a new stadium. A new one would be very nice but it's not needed. There is no more revenue to be made from a new palace of a stadium. The new frontier of revenue for the Bills will be higher ticket prices, especially if the Bills get good again. Maybe the Bills ought to develop a part of OBD into an entertainment and restaurant complex like the Pats* did?

PTR

anyone who really think we NEED a new stadium can pony up the money for it. The stadium is great the way it is...maybe a little remodeling in the restrooms and concourses but other than that, leave it alone...we simply can't afford a new one in this area

Edited by The_Philster

Given the financial condition of the State and County I highly doubt anything will be done soon nor sould it be. I sincerely hope some team other than the Bills ends up in LA as I will enjoy watching it fail. I believe the NFL has to realize there is tremendous value in its legacy teams. It will be intersting to see what happens in Dallas with the new stadium if the Cowboys are less than competitive on the field.

One of the hidden truths behind the new Jones dome is that it is very expensive to operate. Therefore if revenue is not flowing it will be interesting to see what happens.

The Bills would do well to secure funding for improvemtns to the ralph and keeping season ticket sales strong.

The financials do not make sense and we do not NEED it. We are not in need of more luxury sweets unforunately, but if we do, the county can issue bonds for the city and upgrade as necessary. More bathrooms, cupholders in the 300s. I am a happy fan.

anyone who really think we NEED a new stadium can pony up the money for it. The stadium is great the way it is...maybe a little remodeling in the restrooms and concourses but other than that, leave it alone...we simply can't afford a new one in this area

Right...the stadium has great sightlines, and is a very good design...one of the best. But to stay somewhat contemporary they do need to re-work it. As opposed to a $1 Billion new stadium, $150 Million in big time upgrades would buy us another 25 years....The exterior of it should be completely re-done along with the concourses and the bathrooms. There should be an entire inside area that includes restaurants and bars, and doors that shut and keep the cold outside. You dont need a dome, but wide concourses with inside activities and tvs everywhere so you can watch the game are necessary. Maybe build the team apparal store inside as well, and a Bills Museum/Hall Of Fame...Could be cool-Green Bay did it and someone drew up a mocked up version 6 months ago....

You've got to make money year round. A downtown stadium with a retractable roof would allow us to do that, while still having the outside experience of a normal Bills game.

I think that this is a fallacy. I live in Charlotte and we have a donwtown football stadium. The stadium plus the associated parking deck and practice facility basically blot out a whole section of downtown and are rarely used. Unlike basketball/hockey arenas, football stadiums are huge and you don't fill them with rock concerts or conventions. Counting home football games, the stadium here might be used 12 dates per year. The teams doesn't even practice on it most of the time. There are the usual built in restaurants, shops and clubs but they don't justify the downtown square footage, IMO.