So, When Do We Get a New Stadium? *****

Dr. Zaius

Except that its in suburban Orchard Park. The Bills should be in a strategic place that helps businesses around it flourish, and I don't mean 7-11.

Tailgating > pretending the stadium will do anything to our city except take up more space and cost a lot of money.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The money year around can be connected to what is built into and surrounding the stadium. The actual stadium bowl itself won't get that much use whether it is open or closed. How many music acts do you think are big enough to attract 40-70,000 spectators? What type of convention will call for people to sit in the seats of a stadium? I think what should be done is build restaurants into the stadium. Build a museum into the stadium (maybe move the Buffalo Sports HOF there). Run the subway line out there. Put a mall/multi-plex on the stadium grounds, a nice 3000 seat theater so a broader cross-section of musical acts can be booked there or stage plays, motivational conferences or special events.

All of that would be part of the stadium development and therefore part of the stadium. That's how money can be legitimately made year around. Cincy, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, NY, NE, Chicago, Philly have NO DOMES. And none are needed in Buffalo. If the planning is done correctly. A big IF in NYS I know, but here's hoping.

I like the idea but i think Orchard Park may be a little out of the way for all this to be an attraction at anytime except for the day of a game, in which case 7 days a year. But if there's no way to build one closer to downtown, this would be a good idea to keep the Ralph up to standards.