Just think how good we'd be if Cowher had signed

VABills

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than more media coverage I'm not sure it would make a difference, the offense is what has improved and Chan is still calling the plays.

And, sadly Bill Cowher would have been grieving the loss of his wife, which would have left the Bills with a head coach whose head wasn't in the game. Instead, we have the head coach that Bill Cowher recommended and he is totally into coaching winning football and turning this team around.

Let's start celebrating the first head coach we have had in a long time who is truly a head coach and let's stop playing the who should have been could have been head coach.

How many times does it have to be said that Cowher is Mike Dika II, a coach who won one SB with a superb assistant coach staff and overall top run organization. If Cowher is smart he'll stay retired and not make an idiot of himself like Ditka did in New Orleans. Perhaps some of you weren't around in the 80s to understand the amazing similarity of Ditka and Cowher.

dude don't knock cowher. he's a great coach. Great Coaches choose their great assistants.

I think you are right in that having good assistants is a credit to the coach. I just don't see Cowher as the type of coach who could replicate what he had in Pittsburgh somewhere else. But I might be wrong and perhaps we'll find out some day if he does come back to coach.

How many times does it have to be said that Cowher is Mike Dika II, a coach who won one SB with a superb assistant coach staff and overall top run organization. If Cowher is smart he'll stay retired and not make an idiot of himself like Ditka did in New Orleans. Perhaps some of you weren't around in the 80s to understand the amazing similarity of Ditka and Cowher.

Dude, did you notice how Hurricanes left New Orleans alone while Ditka was there? Don't knock Ditka.

And, sadly Bill Cowher would have been grieving the loss of his wife, which would have left the Bills with a head coach whose head wasn't in the game. Instead, we have the head coach that Bill Cowher recommended and he is totally into coaching winning football and turning this team around.

Let's start celebrating the first head coach we have had in a long time who is truly a head coach and let's stop playing the who should have been could have been head coach.

Here, here! Coach Gailey seems to have this team going forward and all some people can do is wonder, what if?

The way I read it, the thread was intended to be ironic. But looking at the reality of the situation, if Cowher didn't want to step into a bad situation and use his "talent" to make it better, it must have been because he doesn't have the balls or he knows he's not as good as his spin doctors make him out to be. In either case, it's his loss and not the Bills'.

well it remains to be seen how much the loss of his wife will affect his professional skills. some people rededicate themselves and flourish, some flounder, and some just move on to something else

apart from that however, if he were here we would likely be in much better shape. the offense would be the same with chan and the defense would suck a lot less than its gonna

but that didnt happen and its much better now that we have no dick

I think you are right in that having good assistants is a credit to the coach. I just don't see Cowher as the type of coach who could replicate what he had in Pittsburgh somewhere else. But I might be wrong and perhaps we'll find out some day if he does come back to coach.

No, you were right the first time.

With no due respect to Steve Spurrier, Pete Carroll and Jimmy Johnson the most over-rated coach I have ever seen is probably Bill Cowher.