Sanchez is so bad

Drew026

Perhaps you should re-evaluate your prayer life...just a suggestion.

Why? I don't get it...Is there a problem? If I wanna pray for the kid to fail that's what I'll do...You pray for whatever you wanna pray for...It's all good...

Perhaps you should re-evaluate your suggestion...

Just a suggestion... ;)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? I don't get it...Is there a problem? If I wanna pray for the kid to fail that's what I'll do...You pray for whatever you wanna pray for...It's all good...

Just a suggestion... ;)

I think what he means is it's not cool to pray for someone to fail. Not cool at all. Unless of course it's Jeremy Stevens or Vick... ect...

How do you have an "it" factor when you lead QB's in picks while having the fewest pass attempts of all the starters?

Improve a hell of a lot in the playoffs. That'd do it.

Wish he were a Bill.

I don't know, guys. I'm of the camp that if you can't measure it, then it probably ain't real.

Let's put it this way--you can go for a while saying, as Kelly does, that Sanchez (or anyone else) has great talent even though it doesn't show up in his stats. But after a while, if the stats don't show it, I don't think it's there. If he doesn't play any better than he has already, in a pretty good situation, then I think he's not very good. If he has another season of 12 TDs and 20 ints, then I can't see any excuse for calling him a good QB.

60.3% completions, 7.9 YPA, 4 TDs, 2 INTs during the playoffs.

All I can say is I wish he was on our team with Coach Gailey at the helm to develop him.

That's called the "it" factor...Haven't seen anyone have that swagger since Jimbo...

Ryan Leaf had swagger but as everyone knows he SUCKED as an NFL QB. Drew Brees and even Aaron Rogers don't act like this.......and they are pretty damn good.

The Jets season hinges completely on how Sanchez performs.

You can hammer the jets all you want my friend, but they were one game away from going to the Super Bowl last year while we continue to flounder.

and we beat them, granted in overtime and their QB threw 6 picks, at their place with our 2nd-string QB. We also gave up some un-Godly rushing numbers. The Jets played well at the right time of the season and rode that into the playoffs. We'll see what happens this year.

Edited by tbonestake

Just a suggestion... ;)

My suggestion to you needs no re-evaluation.

If you pray for someone to fail, you're setting yourself up for failure. "If you live by the sword, you shall die by the sword." It's the law of the universe. I'm simply lookin' out for you. I would hate to see you experience failure because of your hatred for an NFL quarterback...someone who you don't even know. I pray you think about this.

He's an interesting case for bringing a guy up slowly. I wonder though if Rodgers would have been as effective if he'd started earlier in his career. Did the years waiting for Favre really help? Or is he just that talented?

This is key in the development of many QBs. I think it is the difference between success and failure for so many QBs.

Talent, OL and coaching are all very important. But I think sitting for a year or two (or three) behind a quality starter is a huge advantage to a young QB in the NFL. A QB that is thrown to the wolves on a bad team early in his career is more likely to fail IMO.

KOKBILLS, on 28 August 2010 - 01:28 AM, said:

Just a suggestion...

My suggestion to you needs no re-evaluation.

If you pray for someone to fail, you're setting yourself up for failure. "If you live by the sword, you shall die by the sword." It's the law of the universe. I'm simply lookin' out for you. I would hate to see you experience failure because of your hatred for an NFL quarterback...someone who you don't even know. I pray you think about this.

In other words, we have a tendancy to attract what we put out.

Of the approximately 96 owners, GMs and head coaches in the NFL, I would bet you $1000 that not a single one of the 96 would choose Trent Edwards over Mark Sanchez as of today (not counting salary, just as a player). It's possible, I guess, that there is some perverted bastard son of Jerry Glanville out there who may choose Trent, but I doubt it.

I find this very difficult to believe. Other than throwing six interceptions in that one game against the Bills, while playing behind one of the best OLs in football, what has Sanchez done to convince you he's a good quarterback?

Thanks guy. I believe time will prove me to be correct here. Lets compare notes at the end of the season and see who ends up eating crow. LOL.

Isn't this how mpl started out? :unsure:

Here's where I have to simply say, WTF? I don't question your take on Sanchez. While I don't agree necessarily, he may very well turn out to be good.

But what the hell does the Bills QB situation have to do with someone giving a negative evaluation of Sanchez? We criticize the Bills QBs quite a bit on this board. But because the Bills QBs aren't among the leagues best, the Bills fans should refrain from evaluating QBs on other teams? Are you serious with this BS? Should fans from other teams with questionable Offensive Lines refrain from criticizing the Bills LT situation? This is a position that simply sounds stupid, to me.

Thank you dean.....for saving me the time to write all that.

Didn't read all five pages…

How bad is he?

hey San Jose, you really should read the first 3 pages then. amusing...

Exactly right my man. I find it amusing that so many our so quick to look just at the "stats" to proclaim one a winner or loser. The hell with the stats - the only one that counts is the final score. Sanchez "stat" in this category speaks for itself. Sure he had horrible moments last season, but he also showed he has much talent. Can't say the same for our three journeyman QBs.

I'm not quite sure why I'm feeding the troll, but to think that the only way to judge a football player is the final score is just silly. It is a team game. The team accounts for the final score. Each player does his best to help achieve the result.

I'm sure you would ask Kelly and Marino to give their yellow jackets back so Trent Dilfer could have one to wear and an extra in his closet just in case. And can we please get Barry Sanders's back too?

Independent of what you think of Sanchez's future, the Jets backed into the playoffs at 9-7 with help despite poor QB play most of the season. They then beat an okay Bengals team with great D and so-so QB play. They then stunned a good chargers team with BAD QB play all day except for an important 2yd touchdown pass in the 4th quarter. They did this with the #1 D and the #1 run game.

I don't think Sanchez can be evaluated based on the Jet's success, but instead should be evaluated based on how he played. If you liked his play and think it was enough, or you see lots of signs of talent and room for improvements? No problem, I respect your differing player evaluation and wish to have you in my fantasy football league draft (just kidding, I don't actually play). But his using his team's limited overall success along with one big win in which he performed badly as you basis for evaluation just seems silly and missing the point.

I happen to think that Trent would no necessarily have done better for the Jets, because his inability to throw the intermediate pass would have had teams stack the box more and the run game would have suffered. Regardless of which team Sanchez was throwing to, he threw the ball in the middle of the field, and lots of defensive players wanted to be there to catch those balls (like the five the Bills caught in NJ), and took their attention away from the run :rolleyes:

You can hammer the jets all you want my friend, but they were one game away from going to the Super Bowl last year while we continue to flounder.

We? You're not fooling me.

Just remember, the Jets have a lower all-time wining percentage than the Bills. The Jets also have a losing record all-time versus the Bills.

The Jets suck and their quarterback sucks. And their fans suck. That includes you.

Quite frankly, I'm not sure what your fascination is with criticizing Mark Sanchez.

Quite frankly I'm not sure your fascination with Mark Sanchez isn't a bit creepy. You'd better take a cold shower guy. Your rush to defend Sanchez says it all.

My original post was in reference to his rookie and second season, and I was trying to make the point that Sanchez did less last year with more around him in HIS rookie season. In 10 games TE was 151 of 269 for a 56.1% completion percentage for 1630 yards, 6.1 yards per completion, 7 TDs, 8 INTs for a 70.4 rating overall in 10 games. Sanchez last year with the leagues best running game and a better than average O-line was 196/364 for 53.8% completion percentage, 6.7 yards per completion, and 12 TDs with 20 INTs for a 63 rating overall in 18 games.

In his second season TE was 245/374, 65.5%, 2699 yards, 11 TD, 10 INTs for an 85.4 rating overall. He was being gushed over by the media for much of the first two seasons. He put up those numbers with the Bills, who didn't have the first overall rushing attack or a comparable O-line.

So are you saying you would rather have TE than Sanchez?

My answer is I would take Sanchez in a heartbeat. He is young and has great upside despite his crappy stats. The book appears to be written on TE... All the more reason we should have selected Clausen or picked up Jason Campbell, Derick Anderson, Jack Delhomme, etc...

Edited by mpl6876