Will the Bills make the playoffs this season ?

Skoobydum

Playoffs?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Bills make the playoffs this season?

• Of Course they will
    • Not a chance
    • If we stay healthy, yes
    • Are you insane?
    • Superbowl or bust baby

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure the Bills will make the playoffs this season. :w00t: They are close! :lol: In my humble opinion, all that has to happen for them to win the AFC East or at least 10 games to get in the tournament as a Wild Card is the following:

1) Edwards has to throw for over 60% completions, at least 20 TD's with only about 10 Int's, and he HAS to throw for over 3,000 yards. (Yes that's 3,000, not the usual 2,400 Bills' QB allotment)

2) Jackson/Spiller/Lynch must combine for over 1,600 yards rushing, and combine for at least 10 TD's rushing or pass catching.

3) Lee Evans must become the elite #1 receiver, finally. He has to make at least 80 catches for at least 1,200 yards and 10 TD's.

4) For all of the above to happen, naturally the offensive line MUST stay virtually injury free, so the starting 5 of Bell, Levitre, Hangartner, Wood and Green are able to develop chemistry and cohesion for an entire season.

5) Kelsay and whoever ends up starting opposite him must have an impact as pass rushing and cover DE's. That's the main reason you play a 3-4 isn't it? Because you have 4 EXCELLENT linebackers to fill the gaps, blitz the passer and cover the flats??

6) Byrd must continue intercepting passes.

7) Donte Whitner has to become an elite SS - finally. He must have the same season on defense that Lee Evans must have on offense. It's time to shut down those tight ends, Donte!

8) Stroud, Edwards and Williams along with breathers from big Troup and Carrington must keep those OL's off the linebackers.

9) Poz must stay healthy all season, and make more of his 100 tackles within a yard or two from the line of scrimmage, instead of 4 to 8 yards beyond the line of scrimmage.

10) Andra Davis or Kawika Mitchell must be right up there with Poz in total tackles this season.

11) The special teams and defensive backs must continue their excellence with no drop offs from last season, or serious injuries.

So.....other then those 11 minor things, it should be a breeze for the Bills to make the playoffs. After all, the Pats this, the Jets that and the Dolphins the other thing, right?? :beer::doh:

You guys have to stop smokin that sh*t. And get a shrink! Or were you being sarcastic? For your sake I sure hope so...

I was thinking that playoffs could be a possibility, but I have my doubts now. I think what will happen is that the team will get off to a shaky start. I think by mid-season, the team will LEARN how to win and start to string a few wins together. I think they'll make a late-season run at a wildcard spot, but come up a little short. However, the momentum of the strong finish, combined with continuity of coaching staff, and hopefully a strong draft next year, and we'll be talking playoff for sure next season (edit: well, IF there even is a season next year). I'm still holding out hope for this season, but it won't be easy.

Edited by ChasBB

NE can't run, they only pass. Jets are missing one of their best secondary players, potentially all year. Miami is in similiar or worse shape then us.

Will the Bills make the playoffs this season?

The line should say if we stay healthy Maybe....

Yeah, if monkeys fly out my @$$

I remember on an early spring day several years ago walking out to an old riding lawn mower that was in my shed. It sat in this shed thru the dead of winter. My grandson, who was with me at the time, asked me if I thought it would start. "Not a chance" I told him. He said, "yes it will papa, it will start right up." To which I said, "yeah, & I'm the King of England." Well...that 12 yr old kid was right!! To my amazement, it started right up! While it was sputtering, he shouted at the top of his lungs, "You're the King of England." Well, I about busted a gut laughing!

My point you ask? Amazing things can happen! If the Bills make the playoffs, for our viewing pleasure, will you please post a video on youtube of monkey's flyin' outta your @$$ ?

I say we have a decent chance if we don't have any major injuries. I believe there is more talent on this roster than a lot of people give us credit for. And I do believe Chan is a good coach. All his teams whether as an oc or hc, other than maybe kc, have scored points. and i feel this trend will continue. I mean, just look at Roscoe for example. None of our other coaches have utilized this guy like he should have been.I know its only pre-season but it certainly looks like he will be a big part of our offence this year. We are going to have one hell of a running game this year. and in turn i think this will help us have a good passing game too.(just look at that 70 yard td to evens last week as an example of what a good runnning game can do) If our defence can be better against the run, and the players don't make so many stupid mistakes as in the past that have hurt us so much, I do honestly believe we could finally end the draught this year. This is certainly my opinion. I would prefer to be positive. I feel, if you expect to lose. you will lose. If you expect to win, well, maybe you just might do that.

You guys have to stop smokin that sh*t. And get a shrink! Or were you being sarcastic? For your sake I sure hope so...

Gee, I thought with all the italics, bolds and funny faces, most readers out here would detect the obvious sarcasm. But yes, for my sake, and the sake of every reader, I was being extremely sarcastic. Not about those 11 things that all have to happen this season, but about the chances of them actually happening.

NE can't run, they only pass.

Yeah. But they are really good at it and can get more passing offense in a game than the Bills can get total.

Jets are missing one of their best secondary players, potentially all year.

K. The Jets still have a really good team without Revis. Just because Revis Island may turn into Castaway 2, doesn't kill the Jets by a long shot.

Miami is in similiar or worse shape then us.

I really think Miami is a better team. They've showed flashes of brilliance and have a lot of talent.

Will the Bills make the playoffs this season?

No chance in hell.

Two reasons why the Bills have a chance at the playoffs or at least 2nd in the division.

Chad Henne and Mark Sanchez. The Jets and the Dolphins are quite beatable with these guys at the helm.

I think we have a real shot a finishing second in the division.

Many our OL is the key. Opening holes and giving Trent time to throw. Our defensive front 7 is bigger but our LB's are soft at the point of attack. Led by two extremely soft Penn Staters.

If our OL and LB's can step up we should be very competitive. I don't think the Dolphins and Jets are that much ahead of the Bills at all. Not sure will that put us in the playoff hunt if at all.

Edited by VADC Bills

Man, after my vote it is essentially 12-12, positive to negative.

Some of you are truly dedicated Bills fans. I love the Bills and will cheer for them, but I don't know how many of you are able to stay so optimistic.

Hats off to ya.

I told myself that I will not let the Bills make me miserable this year. I tell myself that I know they will be terrible and to just sit back and enjoy football this year.But I know when I watch the opening game, I will put my whole heart into it again, get all riled up at the bad calls, the bad coaching(hoping Gailey is not like the last two), the errors, the mental mistakes, etc. So my mind says no chance they can make the playoffs, but my heart has hope, as always.

I told myself that I will not let the Bills make me miserable this year. I tell myself that I know they will be terrible and to just sit back and enjoy football this year.But I know when I watch the opening game, I will put my whole heart into it again, get all riled up at the bad calls, the bad coaching(hoping Gailey is not like the last two), the errors, the mental mistakes, etc. So my mind says no chance they can make the playoffs, but my heart has hope, as always.

We wouldn't be fans any other way. :thumbsup:

I think you'd almost have to be crazy to think they're not going to make the playoffs. I mean, first off, they get Trent at QB. Case closed. The guy oozes with confidence. And if he ever got hurt (which he won't- he's extremely durable), you got Fitzpatrick and the proven winner, Brian Brohm waiting in the proverbial wings. Won't miss a beat. We are loaded at wideout with proven talent- guys who have done it for years in this league like Stevie Johnson, Chad Jackson, David Nelson and Donald Jones from the football factory Youngstown State. At Offensive Line, you have Demetrius Bell- his athleticism is undeniable and his ability to not get false start penalties is unprecedented in this league. Cornell Green had to be pried away from the perennial powerhouse Oakland Raiders despite their begging and pleading for him to stay and should give us a huge boost over last year's starter- I seriously can't remember who and I'm not kidding. On defense, our linebackers should dominate the field this year and fall right into the new scheme with as smooth a transition as possible. Paul Posluszny may as well be Ray Lewis in his prime. I mean, he's white, has (had) flowing locks of blond hair and he went to Penn State! He's blue collar just like us! And on the outside, you have Jeffrey Torbor- who the Dolphins must have made a mistake letting go and the one guy who gets robbed of a Pro Bowl appearance year in and year out, Chris Kelsay. And if one of them is not up to the task, you got Aaron Maybin. The kid shows such passion and class by playing his guts out- even if it's in the 4th quarter of a preseason game against 3rd stringers- and gets everybody riled up into a frenzy when he makes a routine tackle against fellow soon-to-be-released undrafted free agents. Seriously, goota like their chances.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Sure the Bills will make the playoffs this season. :w00t: They are close! :lol: In my humble opinion, all that has to happen for them to win the AFC East or at least 10 games to get in the tournament as a Wild Card is the following:

1) Edwards has to throw for over 60% completions, at least 20 TD's with only about 10 Int's, and he HAS to throw for over 3,000 yards. (Yes that's 3,000, not the usual 2,400 Bills' QB allotment)

2) Jackson/Spiller/Lynch must combine for over 1,600 yards rushing, and combine for at least 10 TD's rushing or pass catching.

3) Lee Evans must become the elite #1 receiver, finally. He has to make at least 80 catches for at least 1,200 yards and 10 TD's.

4) For all of the above to happen, naturally the offensive line MUST stay virtually injury free, so the starting 5 of Bell, Levitre, Hangartner, Wood and Green are able to develop chemistry and cohesion for an entire season.

5) Kelsay and whoever ends up starting opposite him must have an impact as pass rushing and cover DE's. That's the main reason you play a 3-4 isn't it? Because you have 4 EXCELLENT linebackers to fill the gaps, blitz the passer and cover the flats??

6) Byrd must continue intercepting passes.

7) Donte Whitner has to become an elite SS - finally. He must have the same season on defense that Lee Evans must have on offense. It's time to shut down those tight ends, Donte!

8) Stroud, Edwards and Williams along with breathers from big Troup and Carrington must keep those OL's off the linebackers.

9) Poz must stay healthy all season, and make more of his 100 tackles within a yard or two from the line of scrimmage, instead of 4 to 8 yards beyond the line of scrimmage.

10) Andra Davis or Kawika Mitchell must be right up there with Poz in total tackles this season.

11) The special teams and defensive backs must continue their excellence with no drop offs from last season, or serious injuries.

So.....other then those 11 minor things, it should be a breeze for the Bills to make the playoffs. After all, the Pats this, the Jets that and the Dolphins the other thing, right?? :beer::doh:

So what you are saying is that Buffalo will not make the playoffs until they have pro bowl and elite players at the following positions:

1) QB

2) RB

3) RB - actually back-up running back

4) WR

5) ILB

6) ILB

7) OLB

8) DE

9) DT

10)SS

11)FS

12)Can have no injuries to the offensive line.

Before you say "I never said they had to be probowlers" Keep in mind, you infere that the the ONLY way the Bills will make the playoffs is if all of these positions play at a pro bwol level or higher (IE Elite) status. sorry, but if this is the criteria, virtually no teams would make the playoffs every year.