Will the Bills make the playoffs this season ?

Skoobydum

Playoffs?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Bills make the playoffs this season?

• Of Course they will
    • Not a chance
    • If we stay healthy, yes
    • Are you insane?
    • Superbowl or bust baby

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted "Not a Chance", though I think there is at least a small chance, just not a good one. I didn't want to call you insane, see. The Bills schedule is a big thing working against them. I think they will make improvements this year but they might be harder to see because of the gauntlet of a schedule the team has.

I think they're a potentially 9 win team playing a schedule that probably makes them a 6 or 7 win team, which with a few likely injuries will probably make them a 4 win team. This will drive lots of people insane, to have another middle-of-the-pack season or worse season, but it is what it is. Unfortunately, this rebuilding process has not really started with any sort of depth.

Where is the plain no option? There is a slight chance but I highly doubt it, so I would go with no, unless they stay pretty healthy and are pretty lucky.

BTW I went with if they are healthy because the no's just weren't well worded.

Edited by bowery4

Where is the plain no option? There is a slight chance but I highly doubt it, so I would go with no, unless they stay pretty healthy and are pretty lucky.

I love that we need to have degrees of 'no' when discussing the Bills playoff chances.

It would be so great if we won the division this year. Everyone is talking about a three team race amongst the Pats, Fins, and Jets so it would be so funny if we surprised everyone. I said not a chance, but that's only because there's no option stating "barely miss out" or "close, but no"

I voted "Not a Chance", though I think there is at least a small chance, just not a good one. I didn't want to call you insane, see. The Bills schedule is a big thing working against them. I think they will make improvements this year but they might be harder to see because of the gauntlet of a schedule the team has.

I think they're a potentially 9 win team playing a schedule that probably makes them a 6 or 7 win team, which with a few likely injuries will probably make them a 4 win team. This will drive lots of people insane, to have another middle-of-the-pack season or worse season, but it is what it is. Unfortunately, this rebuilding process has not really started with any sort of depth.

Who are you talking about? Not the Bills unless they are playing in the ACC maybe.

NE can't run, they only pass. Jets are missing one of their best secondary players, potentially all year. Miami is in similiar or worse shape then us.

Will the Bills make the playoffs this season?

Sure the Bills will make the playoffs this season. :w00t: They are close! :lol: In my humble opinion, all that has to happen for them to win the AFC East or at least 10 games to get in the tournament as a Wild Card is the following:

1) Edwards has to throw for over 60% completions, at least 20 TD's with only about 10 Int's, and he HAS to throw for over 3,000 yards. (Yes that's 3,000, not the usual 2,400 Bills' QB allotment)

2) Jackson/Spiller/Lynch must combine for over 1,600 yards rushing, and combine for at least 10 TD's rushing or pass catching.

3) Lee Evans must become the elite #1 receiver, finally. He has to make at least 80 catches for at least 1,200 yards and 10 TD's.

4) For all of the above to happen, naturally the offensive line MUST stay virtually injury free, so the starting 5 of Bell, Levitre, Hangartner, Wood and Green are able to develop chemistry and cohesion for an entire season.

5) Kelsay and whoever ends up starting opposite him must have an impact as pass rushing and cover DE's. That's the main reason you play a 3-4 isn't it? Because you have 4 EXCELLENT linebackers to fill the gaps, blitz the passer and cover the flats??

6) Byrd must continue intercepting passes.

7) Donte Whitner has to become an elite SS - finally. He must have the same season on defense that Lee Evans must have on offense. It's time to shut down those tight ends, Donte!

8) Stroud, Edwards and Williams along with breathers from big Troup and Carrington must keep those OL's off the linebackers.

9) Poz must stay healthy all season, and make more of his 100 tackles within a yard or two from the line of scrimmage, instead of 4 to 8 yards beyond the line of scrimmage.

10) Andra Davis or Kawika Mitchell must be right up there with Poz in total tackles this season.

11) The special teams and defensive backs must continue their excellence with no drop offs from last season, or serious injuries.

So.....other then those 11 minor things, it should be a breeze for the Bills to make the playoffs. After all, the Pats this, the Jets that and the Dolphins the other thing, right?? :beer::doh: