Paladino's idea for welfare reform

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not familiar with Mr. Paladino as I'm not living in the confines of the State of NY.

No big deal. He seems like a flash in the pan and pretty inconsequential in the grand scheme of things: someone to laugh at today and forget about tomorrow.

It sounds insane at first but thats because it has a lot of shock value for being politically incorrect. But if you can get past that and actually head his message, he is taking an honest look at a politically incorrect problem and offering and out of the box solution to willing participants... whats wrong with that?

There are a lot of tough problems that are in continued cycles of dependence on social programs that are never going to change unless bold politically incorrect ideas are shared on how to address various social problems.

just my .02 cents

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

• 2 weeks later...

This guy wants to cut state spending by 20%, that's 27 billion dollars, and that's a lot of jobs. So he would seriously increase unemployment in the state if he gets his way.

Of course, the sacred free market would immediatly step in and create a capitalist utopia in the state :rolleyes:

This guy is cartoonish. I just wonder why the Libertarians are not jumping up and down in support of this fool

This guy wants to cut state spending by 20%, that's 27 billion dollars, and that's a lot of jobs. So he would seriously increase unemployment in the state if he gets his way.

Of course, the sacred free market would immediatly step in and create a capitalist utopia in the state :rolleyes:

This guy is cartoonish. I just wonder why the Libertarians are not jumping up and down in support of this fool

you're right... there is nothing wrong with the current system and it's great living in one of the most highly taxed states in the country that loves to exert their control, tax you to bankruptcy, chase jobs out of state, raise taxes some more to cover the revenue that moved south, throw some kick backs to the state civil service unions, raise more taxes, and so on for infinity. All of that is controlled by people who are completly out of touch with 80% of the state they control. the current NY state government is nothing short of a government sanctioned organized criminal enterprise :blink:

F**K you Albany. I cant wait for tuesday

20 billion will be cut from the most generous welfare system in the US.

Andrew Cuomo is not a James Bond villain he's the mid-level bureaucrat who wants James Bond to itemize his expenses.

No, he's far worse than that.

He's a career politician from a oligarchical ruling class family that feels he's entitled to rule, and holding a lifetime of government offices is his privilege and birthright.

He also looks like Harpo Marx.

No, he's far worse than that.

He's a career politician from a oligarchical ruling class family that feels he's entitled to rule, and holding a lifetime of government offices is his privilege and birthright.

He also looks like Harpo Marx.

Welcome to New York's Favorites.

Welcome to New York's Favorites.

Like Hillary and Caroline Kennedy before him. Not to mention Bobby Kennedy.

What a country.

NYS Electorate: "Hey, I've HEARD of them! They've got my vote! Let's get 'er dun!"

Edited by Nanker