We have a good team!

major

I know it's only a preseason game, but our starters hung in there with the starters from the defending AFC champion Colts. After the game, I realized what I had just witnessed - the beginning of something special. We have a good team this year! Enjoy the ride fellow fans. It's going to be a fun year.

I know it's only a preseason game, but our starters hung in there with the starters from the defending AFC champion Colts. After the game, I realized what I had just witnessed - the beginning of something special. We have a good team this year! Enjoy the ride fellow fans. It's going to be a fun year.

I hope so. Right now I would say that we have an average team, but I do think we are headed in the right direction.

I agree. I am so sick of hearing how BAD BAD BAD the Bills are when they play an Offensive Line with 3 back ups, and a Defense missing a few starters. With everyone in place on the Offense they didn't look so bad. The Defense even played decently. I love the sky is falling mentality when they are playing poor, but no credit to when they play well. GO BILLS!!

Your having Major delusions Major. :rolleyes:

Enjoy your dreams, dude. Reality hits very very soon.

I think we could have a pretty good team this year. If we get good play all around and the ball bounces our way sometimes, we could be duking it out for that last playoff spot in late December.

Our offense has showed some good things. I've seen a lot mis direction and counters in the run game. I don't think we've seen the beginning of it. Plus Spiller can break on at any time looks like. Coach Gailey's holding some back for the regular season. The short 5 - 12 yard passing seems to be a big part too. Throw in the occasional long ball. Guys have been open long and hit on occasion.

Our defense is the wild card. If we can make the transition to whatever we're going to run this year we could be pretty good. The Colts game was a lot better. Hopefully we won't give up these increased points on offense on defense.

Special teams will be good once we get the starters back in there.

We have a team with 6-10 or 7-9 talent however I believe that we are going in the right direction defensively we have the right scheme in place and offensively there are some pieces of talent to work with. We still need a QB and a LT as well as a few other parts but if we can show signs of improvement this season can be something to improve upon.

I'm as big of an optimistic homer there is, but I offer this as a cautionary tale:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hruby/100823_nfl_preseason_hall_of_fame&sportCat=nfl

It's a list of preseason "Hall of Famers" through the years. In the "obvious but true" category, ou might look great in preseason, but you never really know until the game goes live.

That being said, I stand by my prediction of 8-8 :thumbsup:

I look forward to your sentiments after we come out of the gate 0 -4, which is highly likely. Phins, Pats, Packers and Jets. I do not see how this team wins any of those games.

I agree. I am so sick of hearing how BAD BAD BAD the Bills are when they play an Offensive Line with 3 back ups, and a Defense missing a few starters. With everyone in place on the Offense they didn't look so bad. The Defense even played decently. I love the sky is falling mentality when they are playing poor, but no credit to when they play well. GO BILLS!!

With the Bills luck it is a possibility that we have to play a few games without our starters. They did play BAD BAD BAD without all of the starters in. It's just an observation. They were significantly improved in the second preseason game when the whole unit was in, but the play calling in game 2 seemed to show much more of an awareness of the O-Line weakness. A lot of 3 step quick passes were called and the ball was often out by the 2 to 2.5s mark.

Guest dog14787

This Bills football team is only a player or two away from being a real good football team in my opinion.

What I wouldn't do for an above average, seasoned LT,

Defense wins championships and the Bills Secondary is second to none...

Edited by dog14787

It is a good Confidence Booster for the team....However, like other said, it is pre-season. Just like how we lost to the Redskins allowed the team to focus and play better, I hope the confidence lets them make more plays next week.

This Bills football team is only a player or two away from being a real good football team in my opinion.

I, too, think this team has better than 6-10, 7-9 talent -as BF89 professes.. The new system and -as you state- a couple more players may make for a less than desireable season, but we have talent on a par with the best teams. Definition of a 'Best Team': an organization completely dedicated and experienced in a formula for success, surrounded by the personell necessary to produce results.

Experience in the system and just a couple more players will likely cause growing pains this season. I just hope there's NFL football next year...dry.gif

Lets look at that game again, Freeney did nothing against the run, or in passing situations, so maybe Bell is better than we all thought he was!!!

we might have a good team. Remember we had 7 wins last year with an unbelievable raft of injuries, an offensive co-ordinator being fired after the last pre-season game, a coach fired in mid year and lots of issues. I think nine games is a realistic goal, been saying that for months, even though I think we could do even better had we made a few personnel changes by keeping some of the departed, by aggressive movement in the free agent market, by trade and by filling holes in the draft. That all being said, I'm confident that Gailey will be a huge game day improvement, that Spiller seems to be the real deal, and I'm hopeful the offensive line will gel. The 3-4 will be a work in progress early on but seems to have improved greatly from preseason 1 to preseason 2. The nice thing about all this is that if we get to the postseason Mike Ditka will have a caniption.

In another thread I posted my opinion about "motivations" different teams have depending on the situation of a particular preseason game.

IMHO ... Buffalo is not as bad as they looked the 1st game, nor is Washington as good as they looked.

Buffalo is not as good as they looked in the second preseason game nor is Indy as bad as they looked.

It is also my opinion that both Washington and the Bills are low to mid level teams overall talent wise, and will end the season with appropriate records, Indy is an upper level team and will end the season with their usual double digit wins.

I don't think the Colts were really playing, honestly. I think it was kind of like how the Bills played against the Skins.

I'm still not moving my expectations of this team to finish any higher than 4 wins.

(I sure hope they do though. :lol:)

I saw in a post that they were missing starters on the o-line.Anyone know how many?