Don't be shy - the new board won't bite!

SDS

I put a 30 minute time limit on the edit feature and now all edited posts will have that tag, so the checkbox is probably removed by default.

That's a HORRIBLE idea. Now when I reply with profanity and personal insults I only have 30 minutes to decide that it was excessive. :rolleyes:

I'm going to have to be more thoughtful now!

It looks great, thanks for all the hard work.

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, WTF is the "reputation system"? Is it just the + and - next to the posts, or are we actually going to start rating posters, once again?

I don't know but I did try to give your post a - because you don't listen, aren't observent, and didn't ask it in the question thread like you are supposed to.

Edited by Stl Bills

Looks great, SDS! I'm a big fan of the "rep" feature.

What does the twitter function do? I know we had gone back and forth about tagging members in posts (e.g. great work on the new site, @SDS)

Also, perhaps San Jose was incorrect in the use of his word "avatar," but the picture that appears next to his posts is definitely different from what it was yesterday, and when I pulled the site up on my iTouch (had a whole different "mobile" layout), he had no picture whatsoever, and the pictures that displayed for me and others were the ones that used to be our "profile" pics. Just an fyi.

Love the work though, bravo!

OK, WTF is the "reputation system"? Is it just the + and - next to the posts, or are we actually going to start rating posters, once again?

yes and yes. We'll see how it works when I get a plan together... the idea is to tie it into self-moderation which is very successful with blogs.

What does the twitter function do? I know we had gone back and forth about tagging members in posts (e.g. great work on the new site, @SDS)

Also, perhaps San Jose was incorrect in the use of his word "avatar," but the picture that appears next to his posts is definitely different from what it was yesterday, and when I pulled the site up on my iTouch (had a whole different "mobile" layout), he had no picture whatsoever, and the pictures that displayed for me and others were the ones that used to be our "profile" pics. Just an fyi.

See, as a non twitterite, I hate that. What does it even mean? SDS is saying "great work on the new site"? You're saying it to him? Why not just say it to him? Does it post that to twitter? What's it even for other than confusing me?

I don't like it.. (Good thing the reputation thingy isn't working yet)

We've been open for over an hour and other than some PMs - y'all are pretty quiet!

post-1-023252200 1282477526_thumb.jpg

I click on the attachment and I get:

An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#10171] You do not have permission to view this attachment.

Looks like individual posters. You are even more screwed than I am.

It's ain't easy being me.

And keep in mind, if everyone likes you, you probably aren't saying much.

I don't know but I did try to give your post a - because you don't listen, aren't observent, and didn't ask it in the question thread like you are supposed to.

:censored:

:bag:

yes and yes. We'll see how it works when I get a plan together... the idea is to tie it into self-moderation which is very successful with blogs.

Yes, I guess we will see. But just once more for clarification (I can be quite thick in the head) is that + and - for the particular post, or the poster? My impression is those were for that particular post, and not rating the poster, per se. (See that? I got to use "per se".) Am I to assume the combined total of +'s and -'s of the posters individual posts will be used to make some sort of reputation rating?

If so, that will present me with the opportunity to use one of my favorite expressions from my days of playing mourra. When some new, unrated poster challenges one of your posts, you can tell him/her to, "Get a reputation!"

No tagging function yet.

The twitter/facebook thing is you can post a ink to your account. You can also use FB to login now.

See, as a non twitterite, I hate that. What does it even mean? SDS is saying "great work on the new site"? You're saying it to him? Why not just say it to him? Does it post that to twitter? What's it even for other than confusing me?

I don't like it.. (Good thing the reputation thingy isn't working yet)

In certain applications, it would just mean SDS doesn't have to read through every thread to know somebody has mentioned him/complimented him/alerted him about a problem. He would just get a ping that says "The Big Cat tagged you in a post" or something like that. It could also be used to make fun of @Conner and have him know about it, every time.

I wanted to test this new site...so I'll ask a dumb question. I would like to know what the young lady in your avatar is doing...can you enlighten me please? Thank you!

I wanted to test this new site...so I'll ask a dumb question. I would like to know what the young lady in your avatar is doing...can you enlighten me please? Thank you!

I always suspected she was giving someone head behind the cup. But now that I look at it on a bigger monitor, it seems she is licking the cup.

How does one add a little blurb under their avatar? I see that on some and can't figure out how to do it.

Edit: I gather one needs a certain number of posts to earn that right? Am I correct? If so, what is the magic number?

Edited by ChasBB