Don't be shy - the new board won't bite!

SDS

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Q: how backward-compatible is this browse-wise? Will it work in IE 6 (what they use at work. I know, I know..)

Beerball had issues with IE6. And why not download Firefox? Just run a separate browser session for this site IMO. Eats a bit of memory, but shouldn't be much of an issue.

Beerball had issues with IE6. And why not download Firefox? Just run a separate browser session for this site IMO. Eats a bit of memory, but shouldn't be much of an issue.

Because our IT department is staffed with fascists that lock everything down, that's why.

Wow, that sucks. They stick you with IE6, really? God, we even got our German division to switch to Firefox. And they are so anti-change.

We use a legacy database application (Siebel) that requires IE6 since it hasn't been supported by Oracle in years. It is truly craptastic.

We use a legacy database application (Siebel) that requires IE6 since it hasn't been supported by Oracle in years. It is truly craptastic.

I follow, but wow. If it makes you feel better, our company still uses what was supposed to be an inventory control system to manipulate records. It causes all sorts of issues if you try to do too much. One aspect of my job is to explain how not to do those things. :angry:

We are switching over to all web based applications. It has been sort of a trial, but at least we have Firefox.

I follow, but wow. If it makes you feel better, our company still uses what was supposed to be an inventory control system to manipulate records. It causes all sorts of issues if you try to do too much. One aspect of my job is to explain how not to do those things. :angry:

We are switching over to all web based applications. It has been sort of a trial, but at least we have Firefox.

I'm gonna try bringing in a livecd, see if that'll work

Nice upgrade, SDS. I just want to thank you for all that you do for us Bills fans. I don't think you get enough credit. I for one am grateful, despite my fellow fans' effects on my blood pressure. :)

New board looks great, but I'm not sure about the "rep" thing. Other boards have it and in some ways it's been kind of nice not having this.

Can I give him positive rep points for this?

Don't be shy - the new board won't bite!

OUCH!

You lying mofo. My hand is KILLING me.