Don't be shy - the new board won't bite!

SDS

I don't have permission to view this attachment?

This link launches in the current tab. I think all links, even TSW threads, used to launch in a new tab. For what it's worth, I like the new tab better.

Good point, I want them to launch in a new tab. Although it appears only internal links do that.

Edited by Booster4324

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good point, I want them to launch in a new tab. Although it appears only internal links do that.

It's not going to change. That is the way the web is moving. Just right click to do what you want.

Is everyone having this problem?

Yes.No.

Can you see the thumbnail?

No.Yes.

Other than that, it looks great. Good job. Thanks.

[EDIT] It looks to be fixed now. Thanks.

Edited by Taro T

I cannot see the image, nor click on the link. It gives me the same error message. I tried to insert an Image and it says I am not allowed to.

Uhg. There are so many settings on this scattered everywhere... What about now?

It's not going to change. That is the way the web is moving. Just right click to do what you want.

I find that annoying. Not a jab at you, just IMO every link should open a new tab. We have had this discussion at work. I test software as part of my job and we decided years ago to stick to that format.

I find that annoying. Not a jab at you, just IMO every link should open a new tab. We have had this discussion at work. I test software as part of my job and we decided years ago to stick to that format.

well, the tags used for that were deprecated. What used to take 2 words now needs javascript or invalid code to work. The issue is what do people do who don't want a new window/tab? They have no choice.

Or, if your mouse is set up this way, click the wheel as if it were a mouse button and it will automatically launch to a new tab.

The problem as I see it is, most people don't have their browsers configured to automatically go to the newly opened thread (I do, of course...harrumph!)

well, the tags used for that were deprecated. What used to take 2 words not needs javascript or invalid code to work. The issue is what do people do who don't want a new window/tab? They have no choice.

Gotcha, and frankly it is not a huge issue. I have become a mouse button click fanatic.

Edit - Oh and how do I send you money Scott?

Edited by Booster4324

Seems to be working now. Nice job.

I still get the error message "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board. " when I click on the Insert Image button and paste in the URL. Perhaps I am doing something wrong?

Frankly, not sure I like the idea of adding in images, unless there is an option to turn them off. I don't want my boss to wander in and see me looking at pics of naked women that some ass uploaded.

Edited by Booster4324

I still get the error message "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board. " when I click on the Insert Image button and paste in the URL. Perhaps I am doing something wrong?

I started posting my response before I saw people were having problems inserting images. Sorry. I just meant Scott's image was working.

As for being able to insert images in this forum, I have always been steadfastly against that option (so I didn't even try to do it, as I didn't know we regular peons had that ability). But I have to say, if the previews are small (like the one in this thread) it's a pretty nice option. I just hope it doesn't get overused by the mooks.