Preseason game 2 Colts @ Bills "Gameday" thread

Skoobydum

Malbec, huh? Interesting

I'm making my game drink decision right now. I had a couple of beers today so no beer. The bar is fairly empty, but I still have choices:

I have a bottle of Malbec. A bottle of a red blend from the Central Coast of Ca. A bottle of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc. Vodka. Gin. Canadian Whiskey. Cognac (but not enough, I fear)

The liquor store is about a 10 minute round trip. So I have to go with what I got, or hit the road pronto.

So, what'll it be? I'll take suggestions for 5 or 10 minutes.

I'm leaning toward Whiskey (rocks/splash water) or Vodka w/diet iced tea.

Geez, Dean, tough call. A Kiwi Sauvignon Blanc? That's their signature grape (I'm not telling you anything you don't know). But, with poor culinary accompaniment, it's probably not what I'd suggest for a Bills game, unless it's something like a champion Schuster 1998 (and there ain't a lot of those kicking around anymore).

Open the Malbec and let it breath a little bit. Start with the whiskey if you wish. But roll towards the Malbec by the second quarter to avoid getting totally hammered and incoherent by the third quarter. Any Malbec you DON'T finish tonight is going to go GREAT with the ribeye you're going to have tomorrow night.

Just looking out for ya. You know that.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be very telling - I believe the penultimate preseason game is typically when the regular-season offense is installed, yes?

Yeah, typically, however this QB competition isnt typical with 3 guys literally competing for the job. I would fully expect that regardless of how Trent and Brohm play tonight that the 3rd game will be used just like the first 2 to further evaluate the QB's.

That being said, I would also suspect that if Brohm or Trent start the 3rd preseason game then it will indicate that is the guy in the lead for the spot. If Fitz starts that 3rd game it could be just for evaluation purposes in this continuing rotation. But if Trent or Brohm do, then I think that is more of an indicator of who is leading this race.

Geez, Dean, tough call. A Kiwi Sauvignon Blanc? That's their signature grape (I'm not telling you anything you don't know). But, with poor culinary accompaniment, it's probably not what I'd suggest for a Bills game, unless it's something like a champion Schuster 1998 (and there ain't a lot of those kicking around anymore).

Open the Malbec and let it breath a little bit. Start with the whiskey if you wish. But roll towards the Malbec by the second quarter to avoid getting totally hammered and incoherent by the third quarter. Any Malbec you DON'T finish tonight is going to go GREAT with the ribeye you're going to have tomorrow night.

Just looking out for ya. You know that.

Pretty good thinking. Actually I bought a rib eye today for tomorrow, but now it looks as though I am getting a bunch of fresh shrimp from the river tomorrow. So the Sauv Blanc will be on the menu tomorrow.

I think I will start with whiskey. I'll play it by ear after that.

Pretty good thinking. Actually I bought a rib eye today for tomorrow, but now it looks as though I am getting a bunch of fresh shrimp from the river tomorrow. So the Sauv Blanc will be on the menu tomorrow.

Ale, man, ale's the stuff to drink

For fellows whom it hurts to think

- A.E. Housman

Ale, man, ale's the stuff to drink

For fellows whom it hurts to think

- A.E. Housman

Indeed

FYI:

Feed at channelsufing.net is up and running. A bit choppy, though.

Checking justin.tv now

I have nothing but a work picnic tomorrow. So I plan on settling in around 8:30 (DVR) to watch the game. Can't wait to see some Buffalo Bills football tonight, good and bad. I am very excited to see what Spiller can do and get a greater sense for our front 7 on D because of some Vets returning.

To top it off some buddies and I will be moving our weekly microbrew beer tasting to tonight. Nothing like Buffalo Bills football and some 13.0 % ABV IPA.

Good planning. Save the Kiwi for the fresh shrimp. Fuggin' perfect.

Open the Malbec very soon. The ribeye is going to be screaming for it in about 30 minutes.

You know this. I know this. Succumb.