Preseason so far is breaking our way, think about it!

JustMaxx

Injuries are gonna happen. Theres no way around it. So lets accept it. Our two deepest positions...RB & safety, were hit with injuries. We have the guys who can step in and not miss a beat there. Perfect! Imagine if we were losing players on the lines, where the guys we have are barely adequate, like last year losing OT after OT. Ugh

I know WR has some injuries, but if its anyone other than Lee, than its not a big deal. They are all unproven young guys, or guys you can replace.

Furthermore, as of right now, no one is expected to miss week 1. Byrd and freddy I bet will be game time decisions, but nothing long term.

Plus, all you want to do during preseason is keep everyone healthy, and have everyone ready. Wins are not important.

So far, so good on the injury front.

Injuries are gonna happen. Theres no way around it. So lets accept it. Our two deepest positions...RB & safety, were hit with injuries. We have the guys who can step in and not miss a beat there. Perfect! Imagine if we were losing players on the lines, where the guys we have are barely adequate, like last year losing OT after OT. Ugh

I know WR has some injuries, but if its anyone other than Lee, than its not a big deal. They are all unproven young guys, or guys you can replace.

Furthermore, as of right now, no one is expected to miss week 1. Byrd and freddy I bet will be game time decisions, but nothing long term.

Isn't Byrd out "indefinitely"? In that case, you could be right that he's a game time decision, or he could miss the year. We just don't know.

Plus, all you want to do during preseason is keep everyone healthy, and have everyone ready. Wins are not important.

Really? :wallbash:

I appreciate your positive outlook!

However, anyway you slice it, it's looking grim.

We're also not healthy on the o-line. I can't remember the last time I saw D. Bell play.

It's time we all face it--this team is snake bit. Our best players get injured, and our worst players promoted.

Glad someone appreciates my positive outlook, the doom and gloomers need to leave this board. Why be a fan if you don't have realistic hope?

http://www.wgr550.com/Byrd-Having-Sugery/7941012

"Jairus, they had to do a procedure on Jairus and it looks like he's going to be out for awhile. It was residual from the off-season stuff. We're hoping (his return will be) first game but it may be not."

Sounds like its not serious. If theyre hoping for the first game, then they definately think its not long term. But you caught me, he could miss some time.

Our line is healthy, theyre just bringing them back slowly.

GO BILLS!

I was going to post the same exact thing, I just hope there aren't any more injuries for the remainder of the pre-season.

Yeah, it hurts to lose Byrd, but I do have faith in Wilson. I believe he can fill in Byrd's shoes adequately and maybe even a little bit better against the run. The passing defense might suffer a bit so overall it's a wash on that position.

As far as the receivers are concerned, we never really saw these guys play in live action anyways so we're not really missing much there.

Our RB's hurt the most, IMO, but we are deep there and I do feel comfortable with Spiller, Bell, and Simpson. The only thing we're going to miss is all the 2 back sets the Bills have been working on in training camp. That was going to be huge for our offense and we will really miss that, but the injuries suffered by Lynch and Jackson aren't considered major injuries so we can deal with that.

Good post, rookie.

Glad someone appreciates my positive outlook, the doom and gloomers need to leave this board. Why be a fan if you don't have realistic hope?

"Jairus, they had to do a procedure on Jairus and it looks like he's going to be out for awhile. It was residual from the off-season stuff. We're hoping (his return will be) first game but it may be not."

Sounds like its not serious. If theyre hoping for the first game, then they definately think its not long term. But you caught me, he could miss some time.

GO BILLS!

Why do some people say "they need to leave the board" if they don't agree with them? I never understood that. This board would be boring if every one thought and felt the same way. :wallbash:

I agree Maxx...Gailey even said he's hoping to have Bryd back by Week 1 - that doesn't sound like he expects him to be out for that long at all. I also would expect Lynch and Jackson to be available for Week 1.

I've been a Bills fan for over 20 years (wow, I'm getting old) now, living in Philadelphia for the past 15 - I will agree that the Bills have given us little to cheer about for the last decade or so but the pessimism on this board is too much to take sometimes. All most of you do is piss and moan about anything you can - which is your right - but why do you have to put someone down when they come up with an optimistic view??? Some of you take it so far that you'll tear another poster down because they used poor punctuation or sentence structure - it's a message board for christ sake not english class.

GO BILLS!

Please look up the defintion of that word before using it again....

I was going to post the same exact thing, I just hope there aren't any more injuries for the remainder of the pre-season.

Yeah, it hurts to lose Byrd, but I do have faith in Wilson. I believe he can fill in Byrd's shoes adequately and maybe even a little bit better against the run. The passing defense might suffer a bit so overall it's a wash on that position.

As far as the receivers are concerned, we never really saw these guys play in live action anyways so we're not really missing much there.

Our RB's hurt the most, IMO, but we are deep there and I do feel comfortable with Spiller, Bell, and Simpson. The only thing we're going to miss is all the 2 back sets the Bills have been working on in training camp. That was going to be huge for our offense and we will really miss that, but the injuries suffered by Lynch and Jackson aren't considered major injuries so we can deal with that.

Good post, rookie.

Only one of these players will be on an NFL team in 3 weeks...

Maxx, thanks for clearing some heads here and putting things into better perspective. :wallbash:

I thought about it.

Friend, we just lost our two best players on offense in Jackson and Lynch. We just played a game with two backup tackles. Neither of which would start on any other team in the league let alone even make their roster. Our best lineman, Wood, has not played yet.

We have zero depth at WR. All are unproven except for Evans, that goes for Parish who has done nothing as a WR. If the injuries at WR continue we will pulling players off of St. Joes practice squad.

Now Byrd is out and Poz has not played yet.

So how are we "good on the injury front"? I cannot think of a preseason that had more injuries than this one.

I thought about it.

Friend, we just lost our two best players on offense in Jackson and Lynch. We just played a game with two backup tackles. Neither of which would start on any other team in the league let alone even make their roster. Our best lineman, Wood, has not played yet.

We have zero depth at WR. All are unproven except for Evans, that goes for Parish who has done nothing as a WR. If the injuries at WR continue we will pulling players off of St. Joes practice squad.

So how are we "good on the injury front"? I cannot think of a preseason that had more injuries than this one.

Which one of these guys you mentioned won't be ready for week 1? theyre all minor, bringing guys back slowly, miss a week here, some days here, so far, our full squad will be there week 1.

Optimism is a wonderful thing but "so far so good on the injury front"? Even I can not find anything good about Jackson, Lynch, Byrd....all getting hurt.

Which one of these guys you mentioned won't be ready for week 1? theyre all minor, bringing guys back slowly, miss a week here, some days here, so far, our full squad will be there week 1.

There is a good chance Jackson, Lynch, and Byrd will not be ready for week 1. Broken hand, sprained ankle , and a groin injury that required surgery are not minor injuries.

I thought about it.

Bob, thanks for clearing some heads here and putting things into better perspective.