Training Camp 8/17/10

Well I had the afternoon off and I took the opportunity to go to camp today. The weather was beautiful and it was nice to relax on the hill and watch how Chan runs his camp. I was impressed. As reported the players spent a lot of time working on fundamentals.

Linemen were pounding the sleds. Running backs were running through netting, around pylons, and working on a drill that had them cut between to pylons as two coaches filled the hole. The QB's were working on trying to hit a fade in the corner of the end zone (tossing the ball from snap into a barrel in the corner of the endzone). The defensive linemen were practicing a sacking drill where the lined up on the line and spun around to hit a tackling dummy at the snap. Watching Maybin try this was shocking, he is why to small to be paid the money he is getting.

Chan watched the kick-off drills closely. I saw McGee drop one and Roscoe and Spiller caught one. I couldn't see much more from where I was sitting.

It looked like the defense did better than the offense in the goal line drills. In 11 on 11's we run well and struggled with passing. Chad Jackson had a lot of nice catches. I would put him on a fantasy team. Joique Bell ran well. David Nelson went down holding his leg.

Trent is our best QB.

Spiller is the real deal.

Wood was practicing.

Levi Brown isn't ready to play.

We will run the ball well this year.

I really liked the way that camp was run. I don't know if this team has the talent (oline and Qb's) to succeed this year but I believe in what the staff is doing and I think this team will get better and better.

Guest dog14787
Well I had the afternoon off and I took the opportunity to go to camp today. The weather was beautiful and it was nice to relax on the hill and watch how Chan runs his camp. I was impressed. As reported the players spent a lot of time working on fundamentals.

Linemen were pounding the sleds. Running backs were running through netting, around pylons, and working on a drill that had them cut between to pylons as two coaches filled the hole. The QB's were working on trying to hit a fade in the corner of the end zone (tossing the ball from snap into a barrel in the corner of the endzone). The defensive linemen were practicing a sacking drill where the lined up on the line and spun around to hit a tackling dummy at the snap. Watching Maybin try this was shocking, he is why to small to be paid the money he is getting.

Chan watched the kick-off drills closely. I saw McGee drop one and Roscoe and Spiller caught one. I couldn't see much more from where I was sitting.

It looked like the defense did better than the offense in the goal line drills. In 11 on 11's we run well and struggled with passing. Chad Jackson had a lot of nice catches. I would put him on a fantasy team. Joique Bell ran well. David Nelson went down holding his leg.

Trent is our best QB.

Wood was practicing.

I really liked the way that camp was run. I don't know if this team has the talent (oline and Qb's) to succeed this year but I believe in what the staff is doing and I think this team will get better and better.

Thanks for the report evans,

Injuries are really starting to add up on offense :D

Thanks for the post!

I was wondering why you thought that our camp was run well though. You like that QBs where throwing a ball into a bucket?

That was fun to watch and I thought it was a good drill but not what I liked. I was impressed by the organization of the practice and the way that the players went from working in units on fundamental skills to live action team drills. All of the players were active and as talked about over and over in pads. I liked the focus on goal line drills and special teams. This team has a long way to go as evidenced by the Washington game. I just feel like if they stick with this program they will be the best team they can be.

Trent is our best QB.

Wood was practicing.

Thanks for the report. To be honest though, you lost a little credibility with this comment. I hate fantasy football more than Osama, but even if Chad Jackson makes the squad - an iffy prospect - he has no business on any fantasy rosters.

Thanks for the report. To be honest though, you lost a little credibility with this comment. I hate fantasy football more than Osama, but even if Chad Jackson makes the squad - an iffy prospect - he has no business on any fantasy rosters.

I think he meant a fantasy team of his creation in the real world, not a fantasy football team. At least I hope so.

I think he meant a fantasy team of his creation in the real world, not a fantasy football team. At least I hope so.

Yes sorry, I don't do the fantasy football thing I think he is a player that will put up surprising numbers this season. I hope you found some value in the rest of the post.

My kids went yesterday for the 5th time this year (I think they are addicted) and the thing that stuck out to them yesterday compared to the other times was the lack of contact. For example, they would run a play to the point of there being a tackle, then stop. The previous times there was tackling as well as a lot of other contact. Chan must not want to risk other players going down this camp.

My kids went yesterday for the 5th time this year (I think they are addicted) and the thing that stuck out to them yesterday compared to the other times was the lack of contact. For example, they would run a play to the point of there being a tackle, then stop. The previous times there was tackling as well as a lot of other contact. Chan must not want to risk other players going down this camp.

I read they were going at 3/4 speed to prepare for a Indy's 4-3 defense on Thursday.

Trent is our best QB.

Wood was practicing.

Superb post and thank you for the insights