Lee Evans vs Miles Austin

Talley56

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's an insider link on espn.com that reads "FBO: How Lee Evans trumps Miles Austin". Does anyone here have insider? I would love to know what this article says.

Eh. Evans cashes his check every week, seldom mixes it up and never puts his body at any risk to make a catch. He cruises on, pocketing the cash until he hangs it up and retires in comfort.

Cheap Coaches, Cheap Owner, he gets F***ked.

10/2/2008: Signed a four-year, $37.25 million contract extension through 2012. The deal includes $18.25 million guaranteed and a first-year salary of $11,730,770. Another $3 million is available through incentives. 2010: $5.4 million (+ $3 million roster bonus), 2011-2012: $3.025 million (+ $1 million roster bonuses), 2013: Free Agent

- yeah he sure is getting the shaft.

If he got open more he might get the ball more.

10/2/2008: Signed a four-year, $37.25 million contract extension through 2012. The deal includes $18.25 million guaranteed and a first-year salary of $11,730,770. Another $3 million is available through incentives. 2010: $5.4 million (+ $3 million roster bonus), 2011-2012: $3.025 million (+ $1 million roster bonuses), 2013: Free Agent

First of all it's about the game not the money. Evans is open and that's with being double teamed constantly. Him and TO had similar numbers last year. Why is it that neither had a big year? They were never open? Whatever, dude. We need the OL to block, a QB to throw the ball and coaches to call the right plays. When Bledsoe was in B-Lo Evans didn't have any trouble getting open did he?

First of all it's about the game not the money. Evans is open and that's with being double teamed constantly. Him and TO had similar numbers last year. Why is it that neither had a big year? They were never open? Whatever, dude. We need the OL to block, a QB to throw the ball and coaches to call the right plays. When Bledsoe was in B-Lo Evans didn't have any trouble getting open did he?

Funny how people forget that...thats how bad Trent, JP and Fitz have been...they dont just kill our seasons, they kill the careers of those around them.

Exactly, like someone else said in this post, when you don't have any help around you and your quarterback play and offense line play are terrible, even the best players in the league can be average at best. You can put Jerry Rice in his prime on this team for the past 5 seasons and he is an average player-at best. What great receivers have had terrible quarterbacks throwing to them-None that I can think of.

Oh yeah, the Evans fanboys are out in full force making excuse after excuse after excuse. Better this, better that...

Everything better but Evans.

Can SOMEONE please turn down the dumb in here? It's really too much....

It's bad enough the team stinks but when the fans fall madly in love with mediocrity, it's just gone real dumb. Much like the 'give Brohm a chance' fanboys. Boy we loves us some losers don't we??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

By the way, how much money does Megatron make compared to Lee?

Oh yeah, the Evans fanboys are out in full force making excuse after excuse after excuse. Better this, better that...

Everything better but Evans.

Can SOMEONE please turn down the dumb in here? It's really too much....

It's bad enough the team stinks but when the fans fall madly in love with mediocrity, it's just gone real dumb. Much like the 'give Brohm a chance' fanboys. Boy we loves us some losers don't we??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

By the way, how much money does Megatron make compared to Lee?

Thank you for trolling

Exactly, like someone else said in this post, when you don't have any help around you and your quarterback play and offense line play are terrible, even the best players in the league can be average at best. You can put Jerry Rice in his prime on this team for the past 5 seasons and he is an average player-at best. What great receivers have had terrible quarterbacks throwing to them-None that I can think of.

If I could put Jerry Rice in his prime on a Bills' team, we'd be talking about how gritty, spot-on, and resourceful those quarterbacks were.

If I could put Jerry Rice in his prime on a Bills' team, we'd be talking about how gritty, spot-on, and resourceful those quarterbacks were.

yeah, damn lee evans for not being as good as the best WR of all time! :flirt:

Truth is, Evans isn't a great number one reciever. But Evans is a better number one reciever than Edwards, fitz, brohm are at QBs. Evans actually has nfl talent. Our QBs should not be starting, period. But, they are all we have.

yeah, damn lee evans for not being as good as the best WR of all time! :flirt:

Truth is, Evans isn't a great number one reciever. But Evans is a better number one reciever than Edwards, fitz, brohm are at QBs. Evans actually has nfl talent. Our QBs should not be starting, period. But, they are all we have.

Indeed - it take two to tangle.

In the six years he has played - seven coming up - I never got the thought that he was the type to help out a QB or the team. I would have never re-upped his contract.

Lee Evans is off to the best start of any Bills receiver in franchise history. Moulds played with 2 pro bowl QB, Flutie & Bledsoe. Andre Reed (my favorite Bill ever) played with a HOFer. Evans hasn't played with a QB that has sniffed the pro bowl yet he has better numbers to start his career than both of those really good receivers.

If you honestly hate on Evans, you're a moron.

Indeed - it take two to tangle.

In the six years he has played - seven coming up - I never got the thought that he was the type to help out a QB or the team. I would have never re-upped his contract.

And this board would have been fileld with Ralph is cheap after Evans left and became an annual pro bowler on a team with a real QB.

Evans=Marvin Harrison/ Torry Holt without the QB

If you honestly hate on Evans, you're a moron.

"Hate on" - what an unfortunate contemporary usage of our language. More unfortunate - offer a differing opinion on anything, and expect hateful accusation and/or insult. What a sniveling, thin-skinned, cry baby society we have these days. :flirt:

"Hate on" - what an unfortunate contemporary usage of our language. More unfortunate - offer a differing opinion on anything, and expect hateful accusation and/or insult. What a sniveling, thin-skinned, cry baby society we have these days. :flirt:

Maybe not you in particular but Evans catches a ton of grief amongst Bills fan. He is a very good receiver who is being wasted because his position is so dependant on others. And because he's such a class guy who plays teh good soldier role. Any other receiver with his talent would have blown up a long time ago.

I think we all look back at Evans' career with a lot of regret one day.

Eh. Evans cashes his check every week, seldom mixes it up and never puts his body at any risk to make a catch. He cruises on, pocketing the cash until he hangs it up and retires in comfort.

Interesting comment coming from someone who doesn't actually watch any Bills games.

I know you don't go to the games because Lee Evans is open can't throw it to himself dude

Interesting comment coming from someone who doesn't actually watch any Bills games.

Football is a but four-act play that has been on the stage, untold thousands of times. Everything that is needed to be known about it happened a long time ago.

After a while, you learn that you don't need to watch another one to draw some conclusions.