Gailey's thoughts on Brohm's strengths

bfw1234

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnny Unitas was cut by the Steelers!!

So was Dawson & Kemp. Cleveland also cut Lenny the Cool while the G-men had Jackie as punter...

The point being -though as yet falling on 'deaf fingers'- is that jury is still out on Brian Brohm, early pick QB's HAVE changed teams and been sucessfu,l and I'm excited to see what the kid can do.

As for the doom sayers, :lol: off! go somewhere else to B word ficticiously about what -in your opinion only- may happen that you'll be vindicated by your negative perspective.

rant off

So was Dawson & Kemp. Cleveland also cut Lenny the Cool while the G-men had Jackie as punter...

The point being -though as yet falling on 'deaf fingers'- is that jury is still out on Brian Brohm, early pick QB's HAVE changed teams and been sucessfu,l and I'm excited to see what the kid can do.

As for the doom sayers, :lol: off! go somewhere else to B word ficticiously about what -in your opinion only- may happen that you'll be vindicated by your negative perspective.

rant off

This is what the Brohm ball boys have sunk to, going back 40-50 years to an entirely different era. There's no nice way to say it-You're a bunch of morons! Even then none of these guys were high picks. You people are morons!

Are there people who don't get that this was just a preordained pecking order by Gailey? The rotation for the first two games of the preseason (Edwards then Fitz in game 1 and Edwards then Brohm in game 2) was decided on BEFORE game one's performances.

It is not performance based! If it was, it would be Edwards sitting.

Clearly, after game 1, Fitzpatrick is the lead horse in the QB race, even though he is not playing in game 2. He outplayed Edwards, as sane fans would have expected. We have not seen Brohm yet. If Brohm plays well Thursday, he could jump ahead of Fitz. Edwards would have to play really well to jump back ahead of Fitz after that first game's performance.

I expect game 3 will show more of an order of who is winning the competition. Whomever starts will probably be the front-running by then. I expect all three to play in that game, with probably Levi sitting out that game. Then Levi will get a big chunk of time at the end of game 4, probably the entire 2nd half.

I understand the "pecking order"...but going based on ability alone, Fitzpatrick should be at the bottom.

And as far as I remember, Edwards led his team down the field on a darn good drive to start the game. He looked alright to me, given the amount of injuries he was dealing with around him...not to mention, a completely new offense.

I am not really a fan of any of these QB's...but I think Trent gives us the best chance to win.

And since we are building for the future...why even keep Fitzpatrick on this roster? Go with the 3 young guys...see if there is a capable starter out of Edwards, Brohm and Brown...if there is NOT, then find yourself the next "Frank Reich" that can backup your starter that you bring in next year via the draft.

They didn't want Brohm to go anywhere. They wanted to keep him. He decided to take the opportunity to compete in Buffalo, because (in his own words) he felt it gave him a much better situation where he could get on the field and play. (Not every QB is Billy Volek.)

Of course, you know all that, Deano... :wallbash:

That's why it's called a rhetorical question. :P

I'm sure that no matter who plays QB this season we will draft a QB next year.

Beware of being sure about anything this team will do in the offseason. If Bills fans knew last December that the team would pick a RB in round 1 most fans would have collectively sh*t their pants with shock and outrage. Funny how a few months removed from the season they are always able to sell their new RB or DB as a wise 1st round choice.

Warner wasnt a castoff. He was in NFL europe before coming to NFL, and only becmae a starter after Green wwent down.

My point remains, i can think of no current starter in the NFL, let alone a franchise QB, who was a bust or failed with one team only to turn it around with another.

Brohm was a good QB for a mid major college. He sucked in GB and was on the practice squad before we got him.

Hopefully, he can outperform what we've seen from any of our QBs so far. But the odds are he wont.

It was difficult for Warner to break into the NFL. He attempted to do so with the Green Bay Packers, but was unable to make the final roster. (Part of the problem was that they had Favre as their starter, and good depth at QB.) After the Packers turned him away, other NFL teams weren't interested in him either. For a while he worked at a grocery store, but he also bounced around other football leagues, including time in NFL Europe. It was something of a coup for him when he finally made it onto the Rams' roster as their third string QB--a sort of victory after years of NFL rejection. Which then proceeded to turn into a much bigger victory . . .

Beware of being sure about anything this team will do in the offseason. If Bills fans knew last December that the team would pick a RB in round 1 most fans would have collectively sh*t their pants with shock and outrage. Funny how a few months removed from the season they are always able to sell their new RB or DB as a wise 1st round choice.

What if someone last year had said. " We should draft the most talented offensive player available in the draft "? Being that we had little explosiveness on offense and trouble getting in the end zone would that be a wise choice?

What if someone last year had said. " We should draft the most talented offensive player available in the draft "? Being that we had little explosiveness on offense and trouble getting in the end zone would that be a wise choice?

They picked up Terrell Owens on March 7th. The offensive problems were solved.