Gailey's thoughts on Brohm's strengths

bfw1234

The one thing (maybe the only thing) I respected about Jauron's head coaching ability was that he knew to pull the plug on Trent. It got him a few more W's. We'll see if Chan comes to the same conclusion in a more timely fashion.

umm, Jauron was fired on 11/17, after the Bills got crushed by the Titans and TE was still the starter... Interim coach Perry Fewell then replaced TE with Fitz for the rest of the season.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can i ask a serious question?

I dont have a favorite QB in this race.

But what exactly are people seeing in Brohm? What is all the optimism based on?

It's sort of like "innocent until proven guilty".

QBs are good until proven crappy.

Trent and Fitz have proven to us by their play on the field that they suck.

Brohm has not had the opportunity to prove his suckiness yet, so we assume he is awesome.

I'm chomping at the bit too. Because after Brohm ***** the bed in Toronto, all the Brohm fans will finally have to admit that he doesn't belong in the NFL.

dude, how long was Brohm with your girlfriend? you seem to posess a lot of hate for the guy -- he's not some normal guy, he showed more potential than the other two qbs coming out of school - let's give him a chance. TE has had 3 plus years

umm, Jauron was fired on 11/17, after the Bills got crushed by the Titans and TE was still the starter... Interim coach Perry Fewell then replaced TE with Fitz for the rest of the season.

One way for a HC to lose his locker room is by not respecting his players (especially veterans) enough to listen to them.

The players do not want Trent as their starter. Lee Evans has said it in the past when he pushed for JP instead of Trent. Josh Reed and T.O. pushed for Fitz last year. Jauron made the mistake of pushing Trent down the throats of his players and it ultimately cost him his job. Gailey is going down the same road right now with this "QB pecking order" charade.

Edwards got benched at halftime of jauron's last game...recall TO and Josh Reed yelling about TE's suck on the sidelines

Brohm was brought in late in the season last year. The big question should be who brought him in??? If the new GM did, then groom him this year and use Trent as the blunt of the O-line growing to get better.... I believe Wood use to be Brohms center once if I'm not mistaken. Rebuild this year and move on, makes sense. I still BILLIEVE we go 8-8 or better though.

Edwards got benched at halftime of jauron's last game...recall TO and Josh Reed yelling about TE's suck on the sidelines

well, not exactly, he was replaced with 2:54 left in the 4th...

I sit corrected, but stand by the original premise that Jauron didn't pull TE and gain any wins before being canned and one could argue that not pulling TE earlier in the season cost him his job...

well, not exactly, he was replaced with 2:54 left in the 4th...

I sit corrected, but stand by the original premise that Jauron didn't pull TE and gain any wins before being canned and one could argue that not pulling TE earlier in the season cost him his job...

So basically its just blind faith in another teams castoff?

Can anyone name one franchise QB who failed with one team but was reborn on another:?

One way for a HC to lose his locker room is by not respecting his players (especially veterans) enough to listen to them.

The players do not want Trent as their starter. Lee Evans has said it in the past when he pushed for JP instead of Trent. Josh Reed and T.O. pushed for Fitz last year. Jauron made the mistake of pushing Trent down the throats of his players and it ultimately cost him his job. Gailey is going down the same road right now with this "QB pecking order" charade.

yeah, I don't disagree, but as been pointed out many times, TE is, for the most part, the best QB in OTAs, mini-camps, and TC, but wilts when the real bullets start flying.

I agree with Alphadawg that 1 preseason game isn't enough to can him, but after 2 starts, he better show a huge improvement in that department or changes have to made. The real question is what will Chan do if TE shows the same behavior on Thursday.

Can anyone name one franchise QB who failed with one team but was reborn on another:?

Kurt warner comes to mind immediately -

Brohm needs playing time and experience and the Bills have nothing to lose by giving it to him (no playoffs this year)

Who claimed he was a franchise QB? All that is being said is he is an unknown entity that MAY turn out to be better than what we have.

dude, how long was Brohm with your girlfriend? you seem to posess a lot of hate for the guy -- he's not some normal guy, he showed more potential than the other two qbs coming out of school - let's give him a chance. TE has had 3 plus years

I have nothing against Brohm-he just sucks as a QB. It's his irrational fans, the ones who think Guy & Brandon outsmarted 31 other teams & found a franchise QB in the scrap heap, that I've got the problem with. The good news for me is that I won't have to be viewing their irrational posts once they go through an exhibition season with the guy. Unless they bury their heads in the sand & don't watch, they'll be reaching the same conclusion that I already have. If he plays to my expectations, the only in posts left will be from the most irrational who will claim that Brohm "will haunt us" after we cut him.

Who claimed he was a franchise QB? All that is being said is he is an unknown entity that MAY turn out to be better than what we have.

Anyone who claims the Bills won't have to draft a QB in 2011, that's who. There have been a bunch of posts like that.

Kurt warner comes to mind immediately -

Brohm needs playing time and experience and the Bills have nothing to lose by giving it to him (no playoffs this year)

He needs to go to the UFL if he wants playing time & experience. I'm pretty sure he'll have that opportunity.

Anyone who claims the Bills won't have to draft a QB in 2011, that's who. There have been a bunch of posts like that.

I'm sure that no matter who plays QB this season we will draft a QB next year. Bottom line is this, everyone knows TE is a horrible QB who is afraid to throw down field and Brohm is such an unknown that it is impossible to evaluate him as a QB.

As my disappointment mounts that Trent can't seem to throw (mentally not physically) the 15-20 yard pass down the middle, I am starting to get in the Brohm-curious camp.

For the supporters of Brohm, the best path to being the starter is to NOT be the starter week 1 of the preseason. Excelling instantly with the new system and our current team would be very difficult, and it would put him in a more stressful and controversial situation if he had won the position over two veterans based on some summer practices.

His best path to be our starter is for Trent to struggle and him to shine, which he can do this week against Indy backups. I think the pro-Brohm goal for week 2 would be Trent struggling and Brohm excelling, but it would have to be enough to make the #1 change for the third pre-season game, since they won't make a change prior to the starters-barely-play fourth pre-season game or between pre-season and week 1.

So either a huge differential of Trent bad/Brohm good on Thursday or Trent will be starting the opener and playing until he fails or is hurt. And if he can't complete some 15-20 yarders in the next two weeks he is officially losing any of my remaining support. Something between a dump off/checkdown and a bomb to Lee has to be part of our passing game.

Warner wasnt a castoff. He was in NFL europe before coming to NFL, and only becmae a starter after Green wwent down.

My point remains, i can think of no current starter in the NFL, let alone a franchise QB, who was a bust or failed with one team only to turn it around with another.

Brohm was a good QB for a mid major college. He sucked in GB and was on the practice squad before we got him.

Hopefully, he can outperform what we've seen from any of our QBs so far. But the odds are he wont.

Understood. Trent is relatively accurate in short to medium throws. I havent seen too much of Brohm to compare.

If Brohm shines tomorrow i wouldnt be surprised to see him get more reps. With this Line and WR corps its gonna be a big task.

short to Medium in terms of Trent is 4 yrads behind the line of scrimmage for short and 4 yrads past the line of scrimmage for medium. forget anything over 10 yards past the line of scrimmage.

Warner wasnt a castoff. He was in NFL europe before coming to NFL, and only becmae a starter after Green wwent down.

My point remains, i can think of no current starter in the NFL, let alone a franchise QB, who was a bust or failed with one team only to turn it around with another.

Brohm was a good QB for a mid major college. He sucked in GB and was on the practice squad before we got him.

Hopefully, he can outperform what we've seen from any of our QBs so far. But the odds are he wont.

what mid-major college? Brohm had his team at the top of national rankings I think when he was in college and won MVP at a BCS bowl. he wasn't an obscure qb no one knew until the draft a'la JP Losman or TE but rather he was a major pro prospect

So then you are of the stance that if a drafted QB doesnt perform in year 1 in the NFL then he is a bust?