Your assesment of Bryan Scott

SoggyHog

I like Bryan Scott and thought he stepped-in well for injured players the past few years, but last night, I saw him wiff on 2 or 3 makeable tackles. He also looked slow and heavy and couldn't cover anyone out of the backfield. He was out of position on most plays and looked lost on the others. What do you take from his play last night?

I like Bryan Scott and thought he stepped-in well for injured players the past few years, but last night, I saw him wiff on 2 or 3 makeable tackles. He also looked slow and heavy and couldn't cover anyone out of the backfield. He was out of position on most plays and looked lost on the others. What do you take from his play last night?

Looked like the same Bryan Scott I've been watching for his tenure in Buffalo. Willing hitter who whiffs as much as he connects and is pretty woeful in coverage.

Fit right in with the rest of the defense, because they all looked slow and whiffed on tackles. I thought the tackling was terrible last night. I have not seen this team tackle that bad in a long time. A lot of guy's were missing tackles hopefully just a bad game.

He and Wilson are sssssssooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than Whitner. :doh::wallbash::D Sorry, the cover 2 ain't here nomore to hide these two TSW heros.

Well, Whitner did put a lick on a guy after a 20+ yard gain down into the redzone, which was eventually converted into a touchdown. Whitner got up and started yelling in the guy's earhole and waving his arms back and forth mimicking the motion an official would make if the pass had been incomplete. Though it wasn't incomplete, just a big gain, and a 1st down. :worthy:

Well, Whitner did put a lick on a guy after a 20+ yard gain down into the redzone, which was eventually converted into a touchdown. Whitner got up and started yelling in the guy's earhole and waving his arms back and forth mimicking the motion an official would make if the pass had been incomplete. Though it wasn't incomplete, just a big gain, and a 1st down. :wallbash:

Sounds like the Whitner I've seen over the past 5 years. :D

Scott didn't look good at all last night and neither did Wilson. I know they can play better than what they showed but it's obvious to anyone who cares to be objective, Whitner is better than either by quite a bit.

Well, Whitner did put a lick on a guy after a 20+ yard gain down into the redzone, which was eventually converted into a touchdown. Whitner got up and started yelling in the guy's earhole and waving his arms back and forth mimicking the motion an official would make if the pass had been incomplete. Though it wasn't incomplete, just a big gain, and a 1st down. :wallbash:

This is the kind of BS I hate from fans. Why do you have to tells lies trying to be witty with a guy you don't like? Reading this post I went to the watch that play and Whitner did none of what you posted after the hit.

What is your point? You don't like him? Fair, but don't spread BS so that the people that didn't watch the game run with his BS and spread it some more elsewhere.

Umm he did none of that. He may have stared at him for a second but that's all. Nothing like making things up to keep up a player's whipping boy status.

Actually what he did was make a statement with his hit. Come over the middle and ur gonna get a good lick. He did none of what you said after the play. If you don't like the guy fine, but that was a great hit. Granted it was still a completion, but stop ragging on the guy, he's a very good safety. At least he didn't get run over like i saw Jarius Byrd did on a couple running plays.

Umm he did none of that. He may have stared at him for a second but that's all. Nothing like making things up to keep up a player's whipping boy status.

Correct. There was nothing that made Donte look stupid. Strong hit, maybe in a few games he'll get there quicker to start breaking that up, but he acted nothing like the clown many paint him out to be.

Looked like the same Bryan Scott I've been watching for his tenure in Buffalo. Willing hitter who whiffs as much as he connects and is pretty woeful in coverage.

Agree. Scott looked slow. Wilson had a bad game too and he played against back ups.

Sounds like the Whitner I've seen over the past 5 years. :wallbash:

Since you missed the game, you also missed the 3 QB pressures/hurries Whitner had coming on blitzes. You also missed the fact that Wilson and Scott looked terrible out there. Scott was slow and one dimensional, like usual. Wilson struggled.

Hate him all you want, but he's the best safety on our roster.

Since you missed the game, you also missed the 3 QB pressures/hurries Whitner had coming on blitzes. You also missed the fact that Wilson and Scott looked terrible out there. Scott was slow and one dimensional, like usual. Wilson struggled.

Ha ha Bryd had more int his rookie season than $hinter has had his whole pathetic career. But he does hit hard 25 yards down the field after the the wr/te catches right in front of him! He reminds me of an older Aaron Maybin with the great celebrations.

Actually what he did was make a statement with his hit. Come over the middle and ur gonna get a good lick. He did none of what you said after the play. If you don't like the guy fine, but that was a great hit. Granted it was still a completion, but stop ragging on the guy, he's a very good safety. At least he didn't get run over like i saw Jarius Byrd did on a couple running plays.

I was impressed with Whitner's play. When I saw him make the hit it reminded me of a hit Henry Jones put on Hershel Walker years ago. When is the last time you have seen any of our LB's make a hit like that in a real game..Madden 2010 or 2011 doesn't count.

This was the secondary 1st game in a new defense, I expect them to get better.

I did miss the game, so my comment was based solely on that assessment. Perhaps Whitner will be better in this system. Maybe he has "the potential" to be the best safety on this roster. But he certainly has not been the best safety on this roster the past 4-5 seasons. I hope he turns it around this year, I definitely think he'll step it up given that it's his contract year... though it's fairly unfortunate that it takes a contract year for him to produce for a change.

Has it occurred to anyone that maybe the practices have taken their toll in the short term. Perhaps their uncharacteristic workload in training camp sapped them a little leading up to the game. Our regular season record still does not reflect a loss yet for the above mention reasons, so I think I'll let the preseason play out before I claim that the sky just hit me in the head.

Has it occurred to anyone that maybe the practices have taken their toll in the short term. Perhaps their uncharacteristic workload in training camp sapped them a little leading up to the game. Our regular season record still does not reflect a loss yet for the above mention reasons, so I think I'll let the preseason play out before I claim that the sky just hit me in the head.

I also suspect that part of the listlessness or lack of aggression came with the being a new D style and basic assignments and the boys are thinking rather than flying around.

Making a conclusion based on one game is simply stupid.

I think its best to keep performances from last night in mind simply to see if poor performances continue in the next game, but if not I think that Thurs nights results are imminently forgetable.

I did miss the game, so my comment was based solely on that assessment. Perhaps Whitner will be better in this system. Maybe he has "the potential" to be the best safety on this roster. But he certainly has not been the best safety on this roster the past 4-5 seasons. I hope he turns it around this year, I definitely think he'll step it up given that it's his contract year... though it's fairly unfortunate that it takes a contract year for him to produce for a change.

It may be a contract year, but its also the totally new defense that he's in. Nice having a coach who at least shows some semblence of putting players in position where they can succeed. He was certainly effective in his little time playing against washington.