ELIMINATE THE MISTAKES

Stupid penalties

- Stupar's hold costs us a potential TD and HUGE momentum

- Maybin's roughing call keeps a drive alive

- Davis illegal contact

Stupid throws

- Trent has got to be more disciplined and NOT make that throw

Evans

- come back to the ball Lee, that's WR 101.

Fumbled punts

- Anyone know who dropped the punt?

Unless I'm mistaken that's 21 points as a result of STUPIDITY. A little help, the officials actually making the correct calls wouldn't have hurt either. Apparently no one saw Harris get blasted right in the middle of the back on the punt that was returned for a TD!

We're not going to be a great team but if we can eliminate the mistakes we can at least stay in the game!

Guest dog14787
Stupid penalties

- Davis illegal contact

Stupid throws

Evans

Fumbled punts

Unless I'm mistaken that's 21 points as a result of STUPIDITY.

We're not going to be a great team but if we can eliminate the mistakes we can at least stay in the game!

Good post Mike and I agree :beer:

Stupid penalties

- Davis illegal contact

Stupid throws

Evans

Fumbled punts

Unless I'm mistaken that's 21 points as a result of STUPIDITY.

I don't have a prpoblem with Trent's throwing the ball but he has to get more zip on his throws. Can't throw a changeup on a sidleine pass across the field. Ball was thrown too softly as usual.

Stupid throws

Evans

I'm not saying that you're blaming Evans for that pick but that was all on Trent. Trent's biggest problem is not pulling the trigger in tight spots. He had plenty of time in the pocket and Lee ran some sort of speed cut. Trent DOES NOT THROW AT THE TOP OF HIS DROP, he moves out of the pocket, Lee IS sitting and waiting, but the ball should've never been thrown in the first place because the CB was sitting on the route at that point. DB's are taught that once a QB breaks the pocket, to sit on WR's on the sidelines. You see it all of the time.

After 4 years in the NFL, Trent's picks all look the same. Late throw after late throw! He either doesn't trust his arm or he will never understand that a QB must throw with anticipation. Trent just doesn't do that.

He also missed a wide open Johnson the play before. Johnson had at leat 4 steps on Rodgers and what does Trent do? Wait until he's cleared everyone and overthrows him by 10 yards instead anticipating the route and getting the ball in the air sooner.

Guys, this IS TRENT EDWARDS. If it's not short passes, it's hesitation and bad decisions follow.

I'm not saying that you're blaming Evans for that pick but that was all on Trent. Trent's biggest problem is not pulling the trigger in tight spots. He had plenty of time in the pocket and Lee ran some sort of speed cut. Trent DOES NOT THROW AT THE TOP OF HIS DROP, he moves out of the pocket, Lee IS sitting and waiting, but the ball should've never been thrown in the first place because the CB was sitting on the route at that point. DB's are taught that once a QB breaks the pocket, to sit on WR's on the sidelines. You see it all of the time.

After 4 years in the NFL, Trent's picks all look the same. Late throw after late throw! He either doesn't trust his arm or he will never understand that a QB must throw with anticipation. Trent just doesn't do that.

He also missed a wide open Johnson the play before. Johnson had at leat 4 steps on Rodgers and what does Trent do? Wait until he's cleared everyone and overthrows him by 10 yards instead anticipating the route and getting the ball in the air sooner.

Guys, this IS TRENT EDWARDS. If it's not short passes, it's hesitation and bad decisions follow.

Lack of faith in the route and refusal to step up in the pocket and drive the ball. What are those symptoms of? COMPLETE LACK OF CONFIDENCE.

Lack of faith in the route and refusal to step up in the pocket and drive the ball. What are those symptoms of? COMPLETE LACK OF CONFIDENCE.

The bottom line is that he ooks the part in pads and in camp but he's just not a good QB. QB 101, don't throw the ball to the outside when you break contain. 4 years later Trent doesn't get it.

In the Panthers game the other night Clausen made some great throws. Rosario wasn't open, Clausen threw the ball to where he anticipated him down the middle between the LB's and S's and put it right in his chest 20 yards downfield. He hit a WR over the middle on a dig pattern, the guy was covered but Clausen pulled the trigger and the WR came down with it for a big gain. Those are 2 throws Trent has yet to make in his career and 2 throws Clausen makes in his first game. That pick is going to make Nix look very stupid...unless Troupe is the next Ted Washington.

I don't disagree with you but don't overlook the responsibility a WR has well. It's Evan's job to come back to the QB once the pocket is broken. If Lee is going to just stand on the sideline I could cover him.

No arguing, it was a bad decision to throw the ball and it was thrown in the wrong spot as well. I do have a feeling that Chan might be having a conversation with Trent about that decision.

I don't disagree with you but don't overlook the responsibility a WR has well. It's Evan's job to come back to the QB once the pocket is broken. If Lee is going to just stand on the sideline I could cover him.

No arguing, it was a bad decision to throw the ball and it was thrown in the wrong spot as well. I do have a feeling that Chan might be having a conversation with Trent about that decision.

Agreed on the Lee front but that ball would have been picked either way.

Unless I'm mistaken that's 21 points as a result of STUPIDITY. A little help, the officials actually making the correct calls wouldn't have hurt either. Apparently no one saw Harris get blasted right in the middle of the back on the punt that was returned for a TD!

I saw that; bad no call. Also, how is there no holding on McNabb's 3rd and short scramble when Kyle Williams blew the play up and was hooked down? That's 2 TD's there.

Also, I would add to the mistakes: Corner's drop of the pick 6. That would have made the score 14-10, rather than 21-3 (as the Skins scored on that drive when Corner again whiffed at the goal line).

Stupid penalties

- Davis illegal contact

Stupid throws

Evans

Fumbled punts

All good and dandy Mike. However, young, inexperienced, and less than talented players make mistakes. It is not enough to say if we could eliminate the mistakes....

Stupid penalties

- Davis illegal contact

Stupid throws

Evans

Fumbled punts

Nice post. I agree.

I'm sure i'll get flammed for this but..... Its also pre season for the Refs. I mean they need to get back into full on game mode too. Which that being said most of them were mental errors.

Eliminate the mistakes ... cut Corner and relegate Moats to special teams ... those two cost us about 21 points(Corner allowed at least 2 scores on bad plays & missed the pick 6), 250 yards & lots of momentum all by themselves. Out of position and lunging at air all over the place ...

Stupid penalties

- Davis illegal contact

Stupid throws

Evans

Fumbled punts

I agree with all of them, but one. Maybin's roughing the passer call. The replay did not show any contact with the head, he had a firm grasp of the upper chest, but nothing around the head. It was a bad call by the refs, and Theisman who babbled on about protecting the QB.

Same stuff. Different year. How long does it take to eliminate the mistakes and clean things up? 11 years? Same old tired BS. Just another useless pile of cliches. It's the NFL. Don't make the mistakes in the first place. Of course, when you are a horrid football team, you make mistakes and take penalties. Edwards makes bad throws. Groundbreaking. That's all he ever does. Every week it's "We have to play better and eliminate mistakes. Watch film and clean things up" Blah Blah Frickedy Blah.