Unexpected source sheds light on Bills

Last night was the Basketball Hall of Fame induction which included The Mailman, Karl Malone. He was a great player but it was his not his play the Bills should emulate, it was his speech. His speech was all about how it was not one person that does everything in life. It is about sharing with others, doing the right thing and understanding how it is not all about you. It is about team and family.

That is what FOOTBALL is really all about. And what do we get? From Karl Malone's own son? Maybe I missed something but Bell sat out last night while his teammates struggled, he claims his father has done nothing for him and generally does not seem to understand the things laid out so clearly in his father's speech.

Now I don't want to dump everything on Bell who is a kid, because Hardly also allegedly tried to kill his father and Lynch has had his issues, but Demetrius should listen to dad.

And before you all start in with criticizing Malone, I'm sure the Hall of Fame checks all the speches out and validates them before they are made. I doubt they would let him go on and on unless he had lived up to his word. I think the Hall does a lot of background checks.

So come Bell and the rest of you.....T-E_A-M. I don't see an "I" in there.

Quite possibly the worst post ever. :wallbash:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't yell at me. Yell at the Hall of Fame if you think they didn't do their homework. My guess is that it will be you with egg on your face. The Hall has a large staff and I'm sure they check this stuff out.

They do their homework to the extent that nothing is infammatory or comes off as negative towards the HOF. They don't care if the player goes up there and paints their life in the best possible light. Do you really think the HOF read his speech and said "we can't let Karl say he loves his family because he lost contact with his son." That's crazy. They wouldn't have let Jordan rip half the people he came into contact in his life if that were the case because that's just not "nice." Stockton was sitting in the crowd (himself newly elected) having to listen to him rail against the Jazz.

And don't even begin to think the NFL has higher standards. Every Cowboy's speech from the 90s according to Jeff Pearlman's book would be false.

What I don't get is how do we even know for sure Malone is his father? I mean anyone can say anything now a days. Has anyone even looked into it? Maybe the Basketaball HOF did and found that there was nothing to Bell's "claim"? It could happen. It makes me wonder about his claim that he's a football player too? It seems everytime he's expected to play he suddenly gets "injured" and can't. Sounds pretty convenient to me. Maybe we're seeing a pattern here where someone is being caught in their own lies.

Dude,

Perhaps you didn't see it despite me posting it over and over but you are right that we cannot single out Bell. Wood, Poz, Wang and the others should also follow Malone's example. Bell was first on the list because Malone's speech was so illuminating and he is related to Malone. Basically, all the Bills should be more like Malone and put family and team first.

Do you have down syndrome or something man :huh: ? THEY WERE INJURED :wallbash: !!!!! Why would they play in a meaningless preseason game if they are hurt :wallbash: ? how !@#$in dumb are you :wallbash: ?

Also when you really think about it they ARE putting team first! By not playing in the dumb preseason game they are preventing the risk of further injury so that THEY CAN BE THERE FOR THEIR TEAM WHEN IT COUNTS IN REGULAR SEASON! At the same time give young players valuable experience and opportunity. And besides, if a player is injured playing in the game would only make the team worse because they are not able to play at their highest level. It can even be said that playing with an injury is selfish because you are not being fair to your team and letting a more capable HEALTHY backup take your spot.

But of course even though my argument is clearly more logical and yours is retarded (as everyone on this thread has already stated and made fun of you for) you will still not admit your wrong.

And dont give us this "illuminating speech" by Malone BS he is a prick that basically told his son to F off. Honestly go suck his dick already its pretty obvious that you want to :lol:

Oh and dont worry Crayonz ill do you a favor and start the thread about how Fred Jackson is a selfish ass for sitting out the preseason because he broke his hand :lol:

Do you really think an organization like the Hall of Fame which is the absolute pinnacle, would allow a speech filled with lies? I'm going to go with the Occum's shaver theory on this and say no. Malone would not have been allowed to say it if it weren't true.

The Bills should look at things like the Mailman and then maybe we'd be winners.

Malone can tell lies or truth. The hall has nothing to do with it.

They do their homework to the extent that nothing is infammatory or comes off as negative towards the HOF. They don't care if the player goes up there and paints their life in the best possible light. Do you really think the HOF read his speech and said "we can't let Karl say he loves his family because he lost contact with his son." That's crazy. They wouldn't have let Jordan rip half the people he came into contact in his life if that were the case because that's just not "nice." Stockton was sitting in the crowd (himself newly elected) having to listen to him rail against the Jazz.

Halls of Fame are basically the highest standard in sports.

Now we're supposed to believe that they don't give a crap about what people say in speeches?

I'm sure they also checked their facts about the people Jordan ripped into. This is actually a good point. Did you hear even one of those people argue about Jordan's facts? They might not have liked the speech but they knew it was true. The FACT that nobody argued based on facts pretty much proves the Hall of Fame checks out all of these speeches.

Halls of Fame are basically the highest standard in sports.

Now we're supposed to believe that they don't give a crap about what people say in speeches?

I'm sure they also checked their facts about the people Jordan ripped into. This is actually a good point. Did you hear even one of those people argue about Jordan's facts? They might not have liked the speech but they knew it was true. The FACT that nobody argued based on facts pretty much proves the Hall of Fame checks out all of these speeches.

That's besides the point. It's a subjective analysis on the part of the person going in. The HOF can't tell a person how a particular event should make them feel/influenced them/motivated etc.

.....and your posts continue to get more delusional with every post.

Malone bailed completely on his "family". His son, Demetrius was a complete non-entity in Sir Karl's life. That sure shows a strong commitment to responsibility, and family by the anointed one. What it shows is that Sir Karl is dirt.

Thanks for slapping up one of the worst posts I've read in a long, long time.

All I can think about when I think of Malone is that when he was 19 he had sex with a 13 year old girl, got her pregnant, and the baby turned out to be a decent human being through the efforts of the mother's side of the family, and has a chance to even be a good NFL player. Malone is not worthy to tie the shoelace of his son Demetrius who I consider someone who deserves a lot of respect for overcoming as much as he has to still be where he is. Even to this day Malone refuses to even talk about his son in public. And yes, Malone has done nothing for his son, and told his son years ago that it was too late for him to be a father to Bell. Malone doesn't want to acknowledge his son because it would bring up his sordid past which he doesn't want people to know about.

+1

And don't even begin to think the NFL has higher standards. Every Cowboy's speech from the 90s according to Jeff Pearlman's book would be false.

I've lurked here on and off for quite a while, but I'm a newbie as a poster. I was dubious about this notion of professional fact checkers, so I decided to research the issue a little bit. As I dug deeper, I was surprised at what I found. I may be new around here, but I think everyone who attacked crayonz underestimates the role of people who work as professional fact checkers. They actually get paid to painstakingly verify things, because some situations (like the relationship between Malone and Bell) aren't what they seem to be.

If you don't believe me, check out this link:

http://mediacareers.about.com/od/mediajobp...FactChecker.htm

It states, right there in black and white in the third sentence of the article - - - "Fact checking is one of those oft discussed jobs within the industry that many people outside of the media world don’t know too much about."

You only get inducted into the Hall of Fame once, so although Karl Malone was a veteran basketball player, he was a newbie at making an induction speech. Whether you're a newbie at making a HOF speech like Karl Malone, or a newbie at posting like me, I think we can all agree that it's important to have the facts straight before you start talking. So I'm glad that the HOF employs professional fact checkers. Just my 2 cents.

I've lurked here on and off for quite a while, but I'm a newbie as a poster. I was dubious about this notion of professional fact checkers, so I decided to research the issue a little bit. As I dug deeper, I was surprised at what I found. I may be new around here, but I think everyone who attacked crayonz underestimates the role of people who work as professional fact checkers. They actually get paid to painstakingly verify things, because some situations (like the relationship between Malone and Bell) aren't what they seem to be.

If you don't believe me, check out this link:

http://mediacareers.about.com/od/mediajobp...FactChecker.htm

It states, right there in black and white in the third sentence of the article - - - "Fact checking is one of those oft discussed jobs within the industry that many people outside of the media world don’t know too much about."

You only get inducted into the Hall of Fame once, so although Karl Malone was a veteran basketball player, he was a newbie at making an induction speech. Whether you're a newbie at making a HOF speech like Karl Malone, or a newbie at posting like me, I think we can all agree that it's important to have the facts straight before you start talking. So I'm glad that the HOF employs professional fact checkers. Just my 2 cents.

Looky here.

Through this whole thread people just told me I had everything screwed up. One guy does research and he finds out what I've been saying has been true all along.

Looky here.

Through this whole thread people just told me I had everything screwed up. One guy does research and he finds out what I've been saying has been true all along.

Lets not forget.....Not only did Malone get int the the hall of fame he is also friends with John Stockton who is also a great guy and a fellow hall of famer. John Stockton wouldn't hang out with a liar........I think you have to agree with whatever Karl Malone says.