Unexpected source sheds light on Bills

Do you know any of this for a fact? Do you know for a fact that the Basketball Hall of Fame reviews speeches in advance to ensure that the speech is completely factual and not simply spin from some horny jerk who likes to drill underage girls?

When I first saw this stupic F***ing excuse for a thread, I sent an email to the basketball hall of fame, asking if they review inductees' speeches for accuracy. I'm still waiting for a respsonse. Granted I'm a nobody and the basketball hall of fame can't be bothered responding to a request from a nobody, but if I were a betting man I'd say that inductees can say any freaking thing they want.

Do you know for a fact that the air you breathe helps sustain you? Can you see it happening? No, but it is obvious.

Of course I do not have the operations manual of the Hall of Fame at my fingertips. But I do know the high standards that are held because it is obvious. Every player in every sport wants to make the Hall. Every fan and reporter, even fans of arch rival teams, acknowledge someone that makes the Hall is great. This is because the Hall itself has had to consistently uphold its high standards. Its very name can't be allowed to be sullied by having false induction speeches any more than it can by inducting every crappy player that comes along.

I doubt the Hall will write you back as I'm pretty sure they won't want to reveal details of how they run their operation. You can write a letter to McDonald's asking for their recipes but I don't think they'd reply either.

Anyway, as this thread has progressed it seems people have realized I am right. The Lightning guy helped me out by using crap sources like Wikipedia to argue.

Let me reiterate that I am not being harsh on Bell or picking on him. I am saying all of the Bills should act in a manner consistent with Malone's speech. That's it. If you think we're better off with players sitting out then fine.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes the past can be used to predict the future, sometimes not. Take Hitler for instance...he was a corporal, a nobody and yet look at what he bacame.

The OP is hopeful that Bell can come out of his shell (excuse the pun) and become a productive member of the team. Isn't that what you want too?

The OP is an idiot. You however are a solid poster. To you I would say we all hope D. Bell matures into a solid LT and person, DESPITE his POS father who waxes about family while denying, to this day, three kids he fathered and had to be brought to court to acknolwedge. I prefer if D. Bell listen to someone who actually does whtat they say, but hey, that's just me.

The OP is an idiot. You however are a solid poster. To you I would say we all hope D. Bell matures into a solid LT and person, DESPITE his POS father who waxes about family while denying, to this day, three kids he fathered and had to be brought to court to acknolwedge. I prefer if D. Bell listen to someone who actually does whtat they say, but hey, that's just me.

Your loyalty to wikipedia borders on the bizarre.

Do you know any of this for a fact? Do you know for a fact that the Basketball Hall of Fame reviews speeches in advance to ensure that the speech is completely factual and not simply spin from some horny jerk who likes to drill underage girls?

When I first saw this stupic F***ing excuse for a thread, I sent an email to the basketball hall of fame, asking if they review inductees' speeches for accuracy. I'm still waiting for a respsonse. Granted I'm a nobody and the basketball hall of fame can't be bothered responding to a request from a nobody, but if I were a betting man I'd say that inductees can say any freaking thing they want.

+1 to this guy for out-crayonzing crayonz.

Do you ever think Crayonz has to be Dossi?

god, it's possible.

Your loyalty to wikipedia borders on the bizarre.

Thank you for not questioning my solidness. :wallbash:

Bell is similar to Little Orphan Annie before she met Daddy Warbucks. He needs someone to take him in and show him the way. He's older than Annie, but I think he can change his ways and become a productive teammate.

The Bills will win tomorrow

Tomorrow bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow

There'll be wins

Hook, Line and Sinker.

Get out the fillet knife

Last night was the Basketball Hall of Fame induction which included The Mailman, Karl Malone. He was a great player but it was his not his play the Bills should emulate, it was his speech. His speech was all about how it was not one person that does everything in life. It is about sharing with others, doing the right thing and understanding how it is not all about you. It is about team and family.

That is what FOOTBALL is really all about. And what do we get? From Karl Malone's own son? Maybe I missed something but Bell sat out last night while his teammates struggled, he claims his father has done nothing for him and generally does not seem to understand the things laid out so clearly in his father's speech.

Now I don't want to dump everything on Bell who is a kid, because Hardly also allegedly tried to kill his father and Lynch has had his issues, but Demetrius should listen to dad.

And before you all start in with criticizing Malone, I'm sure the Hall of Fame checks all the speches out and validates them before they are made. I doubt they would let him go on and on unless he had lived up to his word. I think the Hall does a lot of background checks.

So come Bell and the rest of you.....T-E_A-M. I don't see an "I" in there.

Spot on. I couldn't agree more.

I looked he up and he is dead. He said I am Dossi, not I was Dossi. I don't believe in reincantation anyway so I'm still pretty confused.

You can reincant all you want but it still doesn't change the fact that you were getting a compliment and now your acting all pissy about it.

You are the embodiment of Dossi. You carry his spirit, his artisticness, his ability to touch the soul of those around him and make them weep in an uncontrollable manner. Stop taking everything liberally, sometime you have to read the lines between the lines.

You can reincant all you want but it still doesn't change the fact that you were getting a compliment and now your acting all pissy about it.

You are the embodiment of Dossi. You carry his spirit, his artisticness, his ability to touch the soul of those around him and make them weep in an uncontrollable manner. Stop taking everything liberally, sometime you have to read the lines between the lines.

Ok ok. But I wasn't being pissy, I was being confused.

I don't know Crayonz reputation all that well so I could be wrong, but I think he's f'ng with everyone. If not, the assumption that Karl Malone was a good dad b/c the NBA HOF let him give a speech about the importance of family is retarded. And ripping a guy as not being a team player because he sat out a preseason game while still recovering from ACL surgery ... well.

Smart man Rob...you're not wrong :thumbsup:

Looky here. Bell starts playing right after the speech is made and the Bills to a player look much better. Even Nelson, who had screwed up earlier, apologizes.

Do you think maybe the Mailman's speech is beginning to have an impact?

The brilliance of crayonz joke is that he gets literally everyone to accept the premise. Why should the Bills take character cues from any basketball player? There would be thousands of people in thousands of occupations throughout history who would serve as better examples, regardless of whether or not Malone is a good guy or whether or not the Basketball Hall of Fame is a class organization.

The joke is in the absurdity of getting you to accept the premise.