EVERYBODY CALM DOWN!

+1

I didn't see the game, saw the score late last night, and said "man, they got hammered!". Then I saw that it was 3-7 when the starters were in and thought "okay, not as bad as it seemed.". Then I read the play-by-play and saw the highlights and said "why is everyone freaking out?". The Bills forced a punt on the first series and would have forced another on the second series, if not for that absolutely BS call on Maybin (I think it has finally gotten to the point where defenders shouldn't even try to hit the QB anymore :wallbash:). Nevermind the TD that wasn't (and it should have been challenged, at least in a real game), which would led to a 4th down at the 4 yard line.

On offense, they scored a FG on their first series, despite missing 3 starters on the O-line and Jackson and Lynch playing sparingly. Now Trent's INT wasn't good, but I'd give him another start with a quick hook next game.

your post is so lame.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky for us, preseason openers don't count. They could have lost 540 to negative 36 and it still doesn't make.

Like I said, if they put a display like that on in game 3, then that's panic time. But not after an opener. It's silly to overreact to it, both positively or negatively.

i wouldnt even freak out if it was game 3. its still preseason.

Lucky for us, preseason openers don't count. They could have lost 540 to negative 36 and it still doesn't make.

Like I said, if they put a display like that on in game 3, then that's panic time. But not after an opener. It's silly to overreact to it, both positively or negatively.

Either my point right right over your head or you refuse to acknowledge what I had said. I tend to think it is the latter since I have read many of your posts and you seem to be quite intelligent.

i wouldnt even freak out if it was game 3. its still preseason.

I kinda was a preseason doesn't matter guy too but I've changed my opinion a bit. The key is seeing improvement. We should be much better in game 2. And hopefully by game 3 where teams game plan and we are more at full strength, we will see a better indictation of what this time will look like. If it is anything close to this game, then we should all be wonder.

But going crazy after the opener is flat out crazy to me.

Either my point right right over your head or you refuse to acknowledge what I had said. I tend to think it is the latter since I have read many of your posts and you seem to be quite intelligent.

Thanks for the compliment. I know you take a lot of crap but I think you jsut need to chill out a bit. It's the summer. You shouldn't be this upset about a preseason game.

And to address your previous post, that game was like a dress rehersal. It was the coaches first chance to get game film on the team. The depth charts will be changed and gameplans will be devised. But it was more of a feeling out process. You gotta give it time.

I can make excuses for just about anything. We looked like poop and the 'skins looked good. You can't tell me what happened tonight was good for our guys.

yea ok leaving 16 players home 6 starters had nothing to do with our performance get freaking real.we played without our 2 starting OT's and our best guard that makes no differance either right come on man.

lastly we lost our 2 best backs in the first series and we were going to use lynch and jackson in the backfield together as our game plan as chan told us i suppose that didntr matter either.

our first string defense playing without our 2 starting LB's looked very good in my opinion.

there were a few plays on both sides of the ball that allowed the game to get out of hand.

you people need to calm down and let this thing play out it was the first pre season game for Christs sake get real.

yea ok leaving 16 players home 6 starters had nothing to do with our performance get freaking real.we played without our 2 starting OT's and our best guard that makes no differance either right come on man.

lastly we lost our 2 best backs in the first series and we were going to use lynch and jackson in the backfield together as our game plan as chan told us i suppose that didntr matter either.

our first string defense playing without our 2 starting LB's looked very good in my opinion.

there were a few plays on both sides of the ball that allowed the game to get out of hand.

you people need to calm down and let this thing play out it was the first pre season game for Christs sake get real.

Well said. Could you imagine if the internet existed during Levy's days of treating the preseason like a summer camp? We were like the worst preseason team ever.

Thanks for the compliment. I know you take a lot of crap but I think you jsut need to chill out a bit. It's the summer. You shouldn't be this upset about a preseason game.

And to address your previous post, that game was like a dress rehersal. It was the coaches first chance to get game film on the team. The depth charts will be changed and gameplans will be devised. But it was more of a feeling out process. You gotta give it time.

I am hoping to see improvements.

Well said. Could you imagine if the internet existed during Levy's days of treating the preseason like a summer camp? We were like the worst preseason team ever.

I understand what your saying but that comparison is slanting the truth. The big difference (levy teams) is that we knew we had a great team with very experienced players. Those players already knew how to win. So, preseason wasn't all that important. This team is nowhere near that team. Preseason is much much more important. We have to evaluate talent, see how guys play in game time situations, learn how to win, develop an identity an attitude, etc...The comparison is a bad one. I know it is the 1st preseason game but I think a winning tone, positive attitude and thinking, and a swagger needs to be developed. Last nights game did nothing to extract that type of atmosphere. That is my point.....

He's in the last year of his contract.

You're very clever!

I guess it's all how you interpet "winding down". I interpet that to mean he won't be the starter soon, as if they were gonna sit him, and let one of the other get one of the other QB's in there by the start of this season. I don't think that will happen.

Honestly, I wish people would just let this notion die. Levy's Bills were favored to win the division year in and year out, they went to 4 consecutive Super Bowls, there were pro bowlers at every position and several future HOFers, Levy didn't need to do much in the Preseason.

This team, however, needs to prove it can play competent professional football. They're a far cry from that. So, yes, these preseason games mean a little more. Should they win them all - no. But, would't it at least be nice for them to look competent?

Honestly, I wish people would just let this notion die. Levy's Bills were favored to win the division year in and year out, they went to 4 consecutive Super Bowls, there were pro bowlers at every position and several future HOFers, Levy didn't need to do much in the Preseason.

This team, however, needs to prove it can play competent professional football. They're a far cry from that. So, yes, these preseason games mean a little more. Should they win them all - no. But, would't it at least be nice for them to look competent?

Well said Dan. Biscuit is doing his best to alter the facts to make the current Bills situation less discouraging. At least, you are willing to set the record straight. I basically said the same thing on another thread. He is comparing aples with oranges.

Well said Dan. Biscuit is doing his best to alter the facts to make the current Bills situation less discouraging. At least, you are willing to set the record straight. I basically said the same thing on another thread. He is comparing aples with oranges.

Yes, he is. And I really can't blame him, nor do I mean to discourage him. It's good that some of us can have hope and remain optimistic. I've tried, I really have. I've set my sights pretty low for this season, and certainly game 1 of the preseason is too early to cash in on the season. But, I really was hoping Trent would have shown some amount of improvement. I hope Brohm shows us something on Thursday - not because I like Brohm so much; but mostly because I just can't see Trent suddenly changing his spots and turning into the leader we so desperately need.

Did anyone expect the Bills to look good in the first preseason game?

We switched our offensive scheme and terminology.

We switched our defensive scheme.

Our old defensive tackles are learning to be DEs now.

Our old DEs are learning to be OLBs.

Our already poor offensive line was missing 3 starters.

As Joe Theismann pointed out, the Bills looked tired from the live practices and sometimes 2aDays.

And to make matters worse, out top two RBs both got injured early.

Remember, the old Levy Bills used to lose in preseason and Super Bowls but won a helluva lot of games in between. I won't say there aren't things that concern me in this performance. But we really need to give Chan more time before giving up on the season.

I agree with the title of the post: Calm down! The Bills sucked Friday night, they have sucked for oh so many nights in the past, and they'll suck again, and soon. The Bills are doing what they have always done, so we'll get what we always got. No need to get aroused, they are, and will be, awful until some fundamental changes are made.

I agree with the title of the post: Calm down! The Bills sucked Friday night, they have sucked for oh so many nights in the past, and they'll suck again, and soon. The Bills are doing what they have always done, so we'll get what we always got. No need to get aroused, they are, and will be, awful until some fundamental changes are made.

What does that mean to you?