Bills 2 a day

cmjoyce113

Also you have to look at what they are doing with the basics. Chan is a firm KISS man. Keep It Simple Stupid. The O line will get much better because they have played a year, and have been drilled to stay low and hit hard. Dick never approached them that way. Dick also was so laid back guys laughed at camp, which showed up in the 4th quarter when we would get blown away for not being tough. Chan has these guys knowing it takes 4 quarters and they have to stay focused. Buffalo will do way better than most think and I can't wait so I can call all these experts and ask them to eat s***

I hope you are right but it goes both ways too. You may need to prepare for a S*** sandwich too. YUCK

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost every NFL team (especially the ones at the bottom half) go with as many question marks as us. That is the fun of the beginning of the NFL season. No one knows how a player or team will turn out.

Even the dominating NE Patriots have issues at RB, a very thin LB corps, issues at OL with no good replacement at LG.

Chan gives us hope just as Jauron did four seasons ago. Jauron brought some calmness to a team that was torn apart in the Williams/Mularkey era. He steadied the boat and took us to a 7-9 seaons. However, he could not improve on that after the 1st season, because they could really not develop a QB. Losman had a good year throwing for 3000 yards, but they failed to capitalize on it in the next season.

Chan has bought toughness and discipline with him. I will watch for how the OL plays today. Are they minimizng their false starts or holding penatlies, things that killed us last year and put us in several 3rd and long several times...

This team has talent and needs better discipline to compete in the NFL. Jauron could not provide that. I hope Chan is the Man.

Is it really fair to compare the Pats organization and team to that of the Bills?

They had nothing good to say about the Bills this year.

Greeny picked the Bills to go 5-11

Golic picket the Bills to go 4-12

Heard a guy call into Philly talk radio and say the Eagles will go undefeated (again) this year ... and claim the Bills can't win anything at all.

I am booking that especially after seeing how our guys are rated on MADDEN!!

Truly amazing how these experts determine the seasons before the final preseason injuries are added up.

Right now ... I am excited about the possibilities of the Bills for a few reasons:

1. If we could win as many games as we did with Jauron's play to not lose philosophy that put the cap on offensive creativity and stressed having the defense on the field for extended periods of time I can only believe that Gailey's aggressive coaching style can only mean a few more wins in close situations.

2. Our defensive backfield is being set free ... we can compete with anyone's passing game and the new game in town will open us up to see more interceptions.

3. Our return game ratcheted up another notch with Spiller and a return of Roscoe because his coaches have confidence in him.

4. THE BEAST appears to be back (not a big Marshawn fan because of his off-field stuff and his 2009 performance but am willing to give guys a chance) and in combination with Jackson and Spiller ... our running game just needs a few small holes to gain ground.

5. A Head Coach who is putting his own neck on the line for the offensive game each week ... this means on 3rd and 8 we try for 9 rather than Jauron's efforts to gain 4 and punt. It means accountability.

So, GO BILLS ... there is hope ... and in EAGLES country there are way too many dreamers who just can't believe that all of their players are not PRO-BOWL calibar and that anyone can defeat their BIRDS. Once in a while I'd like to see this kind of eternal optimism from Bills' fans.

Normally I am not against speculation in fact it's quite fun. That being said we have no idea how good or bad we will be this year. Things we do know.

O-line SUCKS until it PROVES otherwise

-No proven stars on the line just a collection of projects, 2nd year guys and a career blue collar center

-2 starters healthy for the first preseason game.

-2 starters, 2nd year guy and undrafted project, are coming back from horrific season ending injuries

No Proven Star at QB

-No one has proven they can be a good starter for any length of time. Any QB can have a good game or 3

-No one that can win a game for you just guys that at best can manage them and not lose them

No #2, #3 ,#4 WR

-Lee Evans is the only proven good WR on this team

-3rd year 7th round pick Steve Johnson looks to be our #2

-2 candidates that were competing with Steve Johnson hurt. Hardy injury nightmare. Easley rookie.

Until those VERY BASIC issues are addressed on offense how can we argue with ANYONE about what the Bills record will be? We could EASILY end up 2 - 14. We could also improve to 9 - 6. WAY too many wild cards involved.

AND THAT IS JUST THE OFFENSIVE SIDE OF THE BALL!!!

I just don't see how we can be worse because of coaching alone. I see us being 7 and 9, 8 and 8. I do not see 4 and 12

And you can bet the national idiots are all predicting the Redskins to go from 4-12 to winning 8+ games this year, with a new coach, a suspect O-line and receivers, a switch to 3-4 (and less defensive talent and worse special teams than we have) and most of those idiots wouldn't even answer right if you asked who had more wins last year - Buffalo or DC.

This is really a rebuilding year. It is a year we expect to see glimpses of the future. Those expecting a marked improvement because we changed schemes will be disappointed. 4 wins is reasonable. 6 would be great.

And you can bet the national idiots are all predicting the Redskins to go from 4-12 to winning 8+ games this year, with a new coach, a suspect O-line and receivers, a switch to 3-4 (and less defensive talent and worse special teams than we have) and most of those idiots wouldn't even answer right if you asked who had more wins last year - Buffalo or DC.

Although I absolutely agree with you, the Redskins have 3 things going for them that we don't. Perhaps I should say two things and one not as bad. The Redskins have a proven multi probowl QB in McNabb. The Bills? (Not so much) Although disgruntled the Redskins have a defensive star in Haynesworth how has single handedly changed games. The Bills? (Honorable mention for a rookie Jarius Byrd). The Redskins organization although perhaps not deserving have a MORE, not well, respected organization which includes super bowl winning coach Mike Shannahan who snubbed. The Bills? (A proven history of failure and letting probowl talent leave the organization.)

Like it or not the only thing that will change public opinion is winning. "Show me the baby."

They had nothing good to say about the Bills this year.

Greeny picked the Bills to go 5-11

Golic picket the Bills to go 4-12

What did you expect them to say? What move have we made that can be seen as positive by the national media who don't closely follow this team? They are not listening to each Chan press conference, reading the daily TC notes, closely following our young players developments, etc.

As far as the national media goes, we did not draft a LT or QB, drafted a 3rd starting RB essentially, and hired Chan Gailey instead of a big name coach and we are doomed for a bad season.

Why do people expect the media to prop us up before we have gone and proven that we are headed in the right direction?

And NO, I am not bashing our moves...I love the Gailey hiring thus far, am excited about Spiller, glad we did NOT draft a QB this year and are finding out what we got in Trent and Brohm first, and think we added even more talent to our D. To me, this team is headed in the right direction for the first time in a long time. But I dont expect the media who doesnt closely follow this team to notice until we start showing it on the field.

Well, throw in the towel. Meathead and man-girl say we're gonna be horrible. :thumbsup:

Well done!

Look folks, sports media are going to gang up on us and say we suck until we no longer suck. Look past the inaccuracies and the stupid things they say and just remember....win and it stops. So as Marv used to say (and I like it better than than the baby reference) Don't tell me how rough the waters are, just bring the boat home.

I like your assessment, BUT I'm still skeptical.

1). Chan has been a mediocre offensive coach his whole career. Yes, he's better than AVP, but let's not put him in the HOF just yet.

I beg to differ. Chan had a pretty good offense in Pittsburgh, Dallas and KC...Much better than AVP. I never said he was HOF, but much better compared to what we had last year. Also, the emphasis on the RUN and not on a no-huddle attack, something for which the last years team was unprepared.

1.) The D was not the problem last year.

That is very questionable...A D that was 31st against the RUN in my opinion is BAD. The pass defense ranking is skewed by the fact that the teams were able to run, so hardly chose to pass and when they did, Jarius Byrd was there to intercept them. The early reports from TC (which is all we have got to use to judge the current team) is that the defense is playing well especially in stopping the run. The big question mark, is if we have the LBers to transition to the 3-4.

2.) We have no idea at this point if they will be better or worse than last year. The return of many starters who went on IR last year (McKelvin, Wood etc)

It was ranked 31st against the Run, so I think with the new 3-4, the run defense will get better....It can't get much worse...Agreed we could go to 32nd :-)

1) Potential means that he hasn't actually done anything yet. It remains to be seen if he becomes a difference maker. It is highly unlikely that he comes out in year one and has a huge impact. We'll see. A tough coaching staff as shown during the training camp

CJ Spiller has proved in college that he is a game breaker. You have to consider that he is a blue chip prospect and hence the potential to be sucessful. Again at this point, we are looking for positives...Having a game breaker on the team is a big Positive.

It is fine to be skeptical....I like to call it hopeful....Otherwise what is the point of watching them...

I feel anything less than a .500 season would be disapointing for the Bills.

Here is my logic.

1) After the complete dysfunction through last year and the complete destruction of the team to injuries, we still managed to win 6 games.

2) We have some real playmakers on offense with the addition of Spiller, the re energized Marshawn Lynch, and the proper use of Parrish. People keep talking about our no # 2 reciever, but Welker plays the slot next to Moss with no other real receiving threat and that offense does just fine. With our three running back tandem, Evans, Parrish, another servicable reciever in the 2 slot and our TE tandem, we should be much improved from a talent perspective on offense.

3) Yes our o line is green, but the interior 3 lineman are strong and if they remain healthy, should serve as a good base for the run game. Bell has one more year experience and maybe Merideth will surprise a few people.

4) I think Edwards will be a servicable QB, honestly we can't be any worse at that position than we were last year, so any consistant production there will be an upgrade. I think Edwards will do better because he has a coaching staff that will put him in better positions to succeed, not like he had under Jauron.

5) Our secondary is down right scary. I think the best in the league.

6) We are a lot stronger, bigger, and more athletic at the linebacker position.

7) We are bigger and more athletic on the defensive line, with better coaching all around.

We have to stay healthy, but I thnk the Bills will surprise a lot of people with the talent we have. I think we have more overall talent than the Jets and the Dolphins, even though they have some bigger names.

Just my 2 cents.