Why is everyone worried about tomorrow's...

Justice

Sorry, I need a better explanation than the Dolphins areplaying well lately. Do you call barely losing @Seattle, a team we destroyed, and a win against lowly San Fran, playing well? I need some hard facts that can explain WHY this game may be difficult.

Not taking a game seriously and having the desperation that you might lose because you are playing against pro players is one of the key elements in many surprising losses.

As a fan face people down and go crazy (just be prepared to leave town or stay in town and eat crow if this happens to be the given Sunday) that the Bills will trash the Fins. Just hope that the players are taking us fans for what we are worth and minding their Ps and Qs about this one.

MM really passed a great test in motivating his team after an 0-4 start (not atypical in this game with an oddly shaped ball for any rookie HC) with some nice change-ups in the redzone offense, got a good response from the team after the NE debacle which simply could have killed the team's spirit, and on the road last weekend which reversed a long record of road futility.

However, the nature of the NFL and the way it seems to me to win games is to constantly ask what did you do this week. The team needs to not live in the past or in the future like us fans in order to truly become a TEAM.

Why should we be worried about a fishfelon team that is missing:

Zach Thomas ought oh big hole for Willis Mcghaee

Has absolutly no running game

QB AJ feeley :rolleyes:

The only worry is Chambers. Other than this Wr. What are you worried about.

BILLS 42

FISH 0

Why should we be worried about a fishfelon team that is missing:

Zach Thomas ought oh big hole for Willis Mcghaee

Has absolutly no running game

QB AJ feeley :rolleyes:

The only worry is Chambers. Other than this Wr. What are you worried about.

BILLS 42

FISH 0

145752[/snapback]

This is why you should worry.

Tomorrow's game is a trap game. The Bills rose to the challange the last 2 weeks and beat teams they were supposed to lose to. Now don't let it go to their heads and look past a team they should beat with ease

If they keep their focus, Bills 27 Dolphins 12. Willis 100+ yards and a TD, Drew 200ish yards and a TD, Clements INT for TD

If they look past the phish, Dolphins 13 Bills 10. Willis under 100 yards, Drew 2+ INT, Clements INT for TD

We're having people over to the house for the game. That usually spells dooom. :rolleyes: And, of course, whenever I get too confident they will win a game, they usually blow it. :lol:

As others have said, it's in the division, it seems that within the division is always toughest, no matter what the differences between the teams are. It's on the road. And they have a .500 record with their current coach!!!

We're having people over to the house for the game.  That usually spells dooom. :lol: And, of course, whenever I get too confident they will win a game, they usually blow it. :P

As others have said, it's in the division, it seems that within the division is always toughest, no matter what the differences between the teams are.  It's on the road.  And they have a .500 record with their current coach!!!

145837[/snapback]

Tell those people that something has come up! and Pronto!

:rolleyes:

Sorry, I need a better explanation than the Dolphins areplaying well lately. Do you call barely losing @Seattle, a team we destroyed, and a win against lowly San Fran, playing well? I need some hard facts that can explain WHY this game may be difficult.

145717[/snapback]

For the same reason the defending Super Bowl Champion Cowboys came to Buffalo and lost to the Todd Collins led BILLS 10-7, despite desperately needing to win.

For the same reason the 1968 BILLS beat the Jets 37-35. The BILLS only win of the season. That BILLS team had lost to the Raiders 2 weeks prior 48-6. The Jets went on to the Super Bowl that year.

For the same reason the 1977 BILLS beat the playoff bound NE Patriots. The BILLS finished 3-11.

For the same reason the 1984 BILLS beat the Dallas Cowboys. The BILLS won two games that season. The loss cost the Cowboys a spot in the playoffs.

For the same reason the 1986 Kansas City Chiefs lost to the lowly BILLS in Rich Stadium. The Chiefs finished 10-6 and lost their wildcard game on the road at the NY Jets. Had they beaten the BILLS, they'd have won their division and played their first playoff game at home.

For the same reason the 1988 Tampa Bay Buccaneers handed us one of the most devastating regular season losses in franchise history. The lowly Bucs finished 5-11, while we finished 12-4. That loss meant we traveled to Cincinnati (where we had already lost in the regular season) for the AFC Championship game, instead of playing at the Ralph.

For the same reason the 1992 BILLS lost to the NY Jets. The Jets finished 4-12 but their victory over the BILLS cost us the division title (though it did lead to the greatest comeback ever).

Those who don't know history will be very shocked when it's repeated.

For the same reason the 1984 BILLS beat the Dallas Cowboys.  The BILLS won two games that season.  The loss cost the Cowboys a spot in the playoffs.

Those who don't know history will be very shocked when it's repeated.

145843[/snapback]

It was the first the Cowboys missed the playoffs in over 20 years and the Bills game was the first they were held without a TD in over 20 years.

I was a Cowboys fan at the time (hey, I was a kid!) and was at that game. The one time I got to see them play. The Bills were my AFC team, so I struggled that day with who to root for.

When JJ took the Cowboys over and unceremoniously dumped Landry for JJ, that was it for me. Straight up Bills fan from then on...

Note also that a victory on Sunday would mark the first time since the Wade Phillips era that we managed to go at least .500 within our own division. Note also that I seem to recall us heading down to Miami last year riding high off two very impressive wins. I'm not sure that we ever recovered from the physical beating they put on us...

I'm always nervous about these "sure win" games, especially against an arch rival! We are playing on the road aginst a division opponent who has nothing to lose.

That being said, we should have a great day against the fish! Their # 6 defense has lost a step since our first game. They are terrible against the run giving up an average of 136 yds/gm, 29th in the league. Teams average 32 attempts per game, 4th most in the league. They are # 1 in passing yds/gm, but they only face 27 attempts per game, least in the league.

That is a pefect matchup for our offense. Throw in the fact that Zach is out and 2 of their starting DL on now on IR, we could have a big day, that is if Drew doesn't make any big mistakes!

I'm not worried that the Bills will take this game lightly, I am more worried about dumb turnovers and stupid penalties, that could be our undoing. As a fan who will be at the game I am hoping for a similar situation as the game against the Rams, where in the 3rd quarter you had a strong feeling that the win would be ours. I do not want to see the Bills trying to hold off a last minute score to win the game!

I'm not sure that we ever recovered from the physical beating they put on us...

145866[/snapback]

Oh, they got over the physical stuff; being pro football it's no different from playing every game with some kind of hurt.

It was a mental beat-down (for the offense) more than anything. For Travis, for Drew, for GW, for Killdrive. All of them have been replaced except one....

Have they gotten over Eric Mould's spitting on them yet? :rolleyes:

Did ANY Bills fan (marginal or otherwise) ever believe that our team wouldn't give Miami a tough time of it even when were cellar dwellars?

Why then would ANY Bills fan not believe that Miami wouldn't do the same and return the favor to us?

This Bills team is not that good, and for fans to be full of themselves and to let their love of a single player or two make them blind to the realities of our status this year as a weak playoff bidder (at best) is ludicrous.

Besides, for those who have stalwartly defended Drew and refuse to believe that ANY of the losses can be hung in his locker, I ask this: Don't YOU think he's due to have a bad game, or do you think he's going to continue tiptoeing through this season carrying this bad Bills team on his back? Remember, he's only got to lose one and the season is toast.

Bills are by no means a "good" team yet. Their track record the last few seasons is horrible. A couple wins against marginal teams is no means a reason to believe we are a lock to beat anyone. The Bills didnt exactly handle the Phins last game at Rich. The fact that Bledsoe is our qb is enough reason to doubt any positve outcome against any team. That said I think our running came will control and we could score 24 or so points. The Phins are punchless at this point and I think they get 13 points. Im crossing my fingers :rolleyes: