First depth chart

Heitz

Wow, that maybe should have been broken into volumes. And all on Losman. Wow.

(BTW, this is not an insult. I'm just amazed at the amount of thought anyone is still spending on Losman.)

Hplarrm is an excellent writer and has solid takes.

He also occasionally writes lengthy dissertations. In today's world, that will cost a writer some of his audience.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hplarrm is an excellent writer and has solid takes.

He also occasionally writes lengthy dissertations. In today's world, that will cost a writer some of his audience.

Having periods and matching your parenthesis is helpful too. <_<

He certainly was not gonna make it with the situation, dysfuctional offense and confused teaching style offered by the Bills.

The organization, top to bottom, ownership on down, was dysfunctional. The record over the past decade and still counting shouldn't surprise anyone. I'm counting on Nix to bring some order, coherency and intelligence to an organizational structure and staffing which before he was installed as the GM was outright zany. So far, Nix seems to soley preside over the football side of the organization and has established a direction. That certainly is better than having your team's marketing guru seriously involved in football decisions.

Did you read the article?

Yes I read the article. I read it last night as well on the ESPN update. Again, Did Gailey come out and state the actually Depth Chart. If so, You would think it would be on the offical website? All I am saying.

I did some sleuthing and found one of his daughters was born during his stint in Green Bay, the other had her first birthday in Green Bay. He was there from 86 - 94. So his daughters would be between the age of 16 - 25 (this year.)

http://northshoremassgolf.com/Volumes/Volume%203/3_3/18.html

could this be her?

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0bgZ3FN0es9ky/340x.jpg

Hardy has to actually make the team before anyone on the Bills coaching staff will spend time contemplating about him as part of any goal line package.

The current coaches and regime have zero attachment to Hardy -- if he doesn't work out, he goes down as a bust under Dick Levy-Brandon. All the high hopes based on his hanging out with T.O. last year has propelled him to 4th string behind a street free agent. <_<

Most interesting are the reserve receivers. James Hardy, a second-round pick two years ago, is fourth at one receiver spot. He's behind starter Steve Johnson, Roscoe Parrish and undrafted rookie David Nelson.

Behind an undrafted rookie? It's becoming apparent what many have stated for a couple years now: Hardy = BUST!

Welcome back Bary Brady / Fake Fat Sunny / Pyrite Girl! I'm not even sure if you were gone or just posting briefly, infrequently under another "handle." I've missed your posts, even the very long ones.

I just figured out that was you when I read your previous post and realized your name was "MR Ralph" backwards.

Yes I read the article. I read it last night as well on the ESPN update. Again, Did Gailey come out and state the actually Depth Chart. If so, You would think it would be on the offical website? All I am saying.

Since we took a gander at the Miami Dolphins' first depth chart of the summer, we ought to peek at the one other AFC East club that released theirs on Monday.

But new Bills coach Chan Gailey seemed to sketch an honest depth chart in advance of Friday night's preseason opener against the Washington Redskins at FedEx Field.

Graham states that the depth chart is from Gailey.

Right there is a major reason why this franchise is suffering. First rounders that can't make it as starters. And we traded up for McCan'tgo! <_<

Exactly. It's not like this team is so loaded with talent that the young guys have to wait to see the field - quite the contrary - we have so many holes to fill that we absolutely have to have guys that can come in and play from the get go. Unfortunately, most of the same old talent evaluators responsible for these picks are still in the same roles, and one of them in now the GM - makes me wonder why everyone is so damn convinced we have a GM who is going to get us on the right track.....

I think the important judgment Gailey likely is making (this assumes that he and Nix are the very good judges of football player and in particular offensive talent that they demonstrated very good evidence of being in their previous jobs) is that yes Losman was an unproductive and ultimately too inconsistent a producer to be worthy of being the franchise QB we all wanted and this team and its fans richly deserve.

However, my pretty firm sense is that Gailey understands (but likely is appropriately judicious in saying that yes Losman was an unproductive QB, but in the real world he actually was a great athlete no matter how many Bills partisans want to deny it.

The difficulties and failings in Losman's game were real and were evidenced consistently. However, anyone who makes the judgment or reaches the conclusion that he was incapable of becoming at least an adequate and effective as an NFL starting QB is likely all wrong!

No one can say for sure as reality is reality and Losman never consistently demonstrated in the real world he could do the job required of a consistent NFL starting QB. Thems the facts!

However, my sense from too many years of studying the NFL as a fan (years which ironically to me are probably better expressed as approaching 4 decades as was the case this 51 year old really began to follow the NFL with some seriousness when I was at the young age of six but actually had some real appreciation and an ability to make some reasonable football judgments about my hometown Chicago Bears who were led by Dick Butkus and Gail Sayers on the field and most importantly for us by spiritual and practical football leader Papa Bear Halas who was our GM and Bill Polian in the NFL and for the most part really was the HC even when he was not patroling the sidelines.

Gailey comes with a reputation honed in his ability demonstrated in the real world of actually getting productive play out of some fairly marginal athletes who played QB for his teams like a Mark Bulger.

My GUESS is that if Gailey had been in charge of the Bills a few years back he would have likely demonstrated that JP proved to be an unproductive QB not just because he is a failed athlete, he likely would have found a way to get the most productivity he could out of JPs skills and minimized his failings in order to produce a consistently above .500 record with the Bills.

No one can say for sure (which is why football makes for some fun arguments!) what Losman's career would have been like if he had different leaders of the Bills coaching staff and FO when (and if) he got here, but my sense is that the football pundits and experts actually were not wrong when they judged Losman to be a great talent who was in the view of most the 4th best QB in his draft class.

In fact, there was very little squalling and in fact a number of compliments given to TD for him stepping up back into the first round to snag Losman as it was pretty certain that the Bills were going to need to acquire the next Bills QB as it had turned out that though Bledsoe had been an outstanding pick-up based on the results of his first year (he actually did deliver as our starting QB his first year at a level which made good on the excitement which thousands of season tickets purchased merely on him being acquired by the Bills. Even those who choose to judge the quality of his play by its sad ending of performance as a Bill also have admit if they want to be rational that in his first year here that though Belicheck exposed his weaknesses twice that Bledsoe was quite good leading a pretty bad team to an 8-6 record in the other 14 games.

Yet, rather than admit reality after Bledsoe stunk up the the joint in his second season and TD should have let Bledsoe hit the free market rather than extending him, TD did resign him, only to have to eat his words (and have Ralph eat the remainder of the bonus paid when he signed and TS cut him.

Yet, at that point many Bills fans were at the very least willing to trust but verify how JP would do taking over the starters role. Even JP publicly admitted that he had gotten the starters job in less than the preferred way when he was simply given the starter job by TD rather than him earning it on the field with his play.

However, make no mistake subjectively most of the pundits judged JP as clearly a cut below the first 3 QBa who ended up drafted that year. However, there also seems to be consensus growing just prior to the draft that JP clearly merited an early second round pick and might reasonably squeeze in as a late first round pick if there was a team desperate for a QB who might trade up to get him,

As it turned out that team was the Bills and actually TD made a far sighted judgment which read the prospects available in the next draft and judged that JP though clearly 4th among the QBs in his actual class, he was also clearly the class of the next group of QBs who would be available the next year. Sure the Bills had given up their first the next year to get Losman that year, but actually there was a pretty fair chance would have been forced to draft a QB with their first the next year and as it happened I think the first QB off the board the next year was Alex Smith who may finally actually prove to be the niners QN of the future but he did did not play a game the year before last and logged just over half a season last year.

Losman actually was quite productive his senior year in college behind a complete turnstile OL at Tulane. There are legit questions as to whether the Bills should have drafted him unless they were committed to having hm learn what he needed to learn if he was ever gonna be a consistent pro. He certainly was not gonna make it with the situation, dysfuctional offense and confused teaching style offered by the Bills.

I agree with every point that you made....uh, all one thousand of them!

Apparently Gailey is able to see qualities and abilities in Edwards that you, the average fan can't. I understand that it's much easier to be a lemming and follow the "Cpt. Checkdown" crowd but if Gailey has determined that Edwards is the starter then I'm fine with that. Sorry your guy didn't get picked. Implying that you're more knowledgeable than Gailey is absurd at best.

If you're older than 12, using "fail" is pitiful.

then let me edit for you, Mike in Syracuse....Trent = continuity of EPIC FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back Bary Brady / Fake Fat Sunny / Pyrite Girl! I'm not even sure if you were gone or just posting briefly, infrequently under another "handle." I've missed your posts, even the very long ones.

I just figured out that was you when I read your previous post and realized your name was "MR Ralph" backwards.

It's Pyrite Gal?

That makes a lot of sense... :thumbsup:

what is up with Felton Huggins over Chad Jackson? Everything I have read about Jackson is how he is having a great camp, and I haven't heard anything about Huggins. I am perplexed. And that is a hilarious story about Stupar hooking up with Jauron's daughter!

I agree... there's no way the WR Depth chart is near final.

CJ has been a stud and Hardy has been pretty darn good from the the 2 days I went.

Nothing Huggins or Jones has done has been any better than those 2.

I can see Roscoe owning the slot position so that makes sense....

read it - the question still stands.
Graham states that the depth chart is from Gailey.
I wonder if the depth chart was on paper or a verbal…possibly the result of a Q and A?

Even if it was on paper, it's still so early that I can see why the Bills might not want to post it yet, officially.

From the comments under Tim's blog piece:

LCHASE2249 (8/10/2010 at 10:55 AM) Report Violation

For those who might be wondering where to find this depth chart, it's on Page 30 of the Washington game release e-mailed to reporters yesterday afternoon and linked on the team's media website this morning. Don't know when they plan to update the public portion of the site.

A Lori sighting! And yet again in the form of a timely contribution.

My day just got better. :thumbsup: